Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193249 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Night 2: Mafi-Oh So Dead
« Reply #915 on: June 19, 2017, 08:08:32 pm »

It's another Day. And another person closer to everyone dying.

Except, this guy was already dead before, right? One of you looks over the body of Pozzai, and concludes that they were most definitely already dead.

Weird.

hector13 has been killed!

hector13 has come back to life!

Pozzai has been found!

Pozzai was Hops (town).

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
flabort -
hector13 -
Jack A T -
Lenglon-Shakerag -
Persus13 -
Tea -
TheBiggerFish -
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin -
TolyK -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TheDarkStar, hector13, Jack A T, Persus13, Lenglon, 4maskwolf, Shakerag, Tiruin, Tea, flabort, TheBiggerFish, TolyK,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends on Thursday, June 22th around 8:00 PM CST. There is an Extension available.

Quote from: Current Rules
Survival - The Mafiakill does not count toward the 1 action per Phase limit.

It is now Day.

Hops

(Auto) Ferment: On Day 3, you become Beer. You maintain all of your actions and gain those from Beer.
(Night) Bine [target]: Create an inconvenient blockade for the target. The target is randomized.
(Night) Bitter Preservative [target]: Guard the target from kills. If the target would die, you die instead.

Role Information
Beer

(Auto) Barrel Age: On Day 5, you become Stout. You maintain all of your actions and gain those from Beer.
(Night) Intoxicate [target]: The target is blocked after getting way too drunk to go out.
(Night) Imbibe [target]: The target actions you instead of their intended target.

Barrel Stout

(Auto) Aged: You have an additional vote.
(1-Shot) Loosen Up The Mod: Ask the Mod a yes or no question. Get an answer.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 3: Dead Men Do Tell Tales
« Reply #916 on: June 19, 2017, 10:05:52 pm »

What ho, I have been slain, nyah!

Bah, nyah.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 20, 2017, 01:24:44 am »

Oooooh kay then.
I gained three abilities in the night - since I had no targeted actions, these were all from targeting me.
I hope one of the people who targeted me can tell me who else targeted me. Because one of those people is scum, for sure.

So... I guess we weren't permitted to talk at night, but the GM left the thread unlocked. I'd get into speculation as to why, especially considering the way Wuba phrased "if you are not allowed to talk at night", but that would probably be an unhelpful conversation. I didn't see what Tiruin or Persus had said, because they had edited away their posts on Wuba's request when I looked - probably just "why is this thread unlocked at night", like I think I did.

To start this day off, Tiruin.

That said, there's 'emphasis': Please explain how you see emphasis and how that makes someone scummy one way or another.
As for your demands directed specifically in my direction, what I'm trying to make clear is that saying "X subgroup of people is NOT suspicious", especially when that subset is super small, is not conductive to finding who IS suspicious.
...It's both that one is saying this subset isn't suspicious, because it cuts out who they can find is suspicious and directs their efforts towards those who aren't in that subset. This is very reasonable though.

Emphasis: I will refer to the British Dictionary Definitions farther down the page. 1) special importance or significance, 2) an object, idea, etc, that is given special importance or significance, 3) stress made to fall on a particular syllable, word, or phrase in speaking

Clearly my definition is more British than American (as many Canadian things are), since stress on a word, syllable, or phrase is the last thing I think of when I think emphasis, and an idea being given special importance is the first thing. I see something that you've emphasized as something which you keep coming back to, reiterated over, or made into the subject of a great many things. By making an essay about a particular topic, I am emphasizing the importance of that topic to myself. Also, by voting New Democrat Party and not Wild Rose Party, I emphasize the importance of minimum wages and fair treatment of employees. By talking about reading people as town so much, and by voting, you are are emphasizing the importance of finding town members, and by voting Shakelon for being possibly a SK, you are emphasizing the importance of finding third parties. Neither of these emphasize the finding of scum.

I see you're going with the "process of elimination" defense. Which would work, if you were eliminating suspects more rapidly, and if you could say for sure any of your town reads were 100% accurate. Well, if you had an investigation, you could confirm some of these town reads, but it would still be very slow and not very useful as compared to investigating people who you suspect, or if you were scum you would know with 100% accuracy that your reads of "not mafia" were accurate, because you already know who's mafia. Given that so far you have only cleared 1 person for sure (meaning Doll), where as by lynch and by death 3 townies (including Doll) and 1 scum have already been revealed, I can conclude that you are not eliminating suspects fast enough. As for the second part, saying whether all your reads are accurate, only you know if that's true or not but I can guess it IS.

Quote from: Tiruin cont.
Yes, you've clearly pointed out that neither Doll nor I are suspicious to you, which is some damn fine town-hunting. Town hunting, also known as buddying, is not useful to the town, we need scum hunting. So, for conciseness, let's go through aaaaallll your posts, and find if there are any places where you do any scum hunting.
And this is the pointyness that is like sandpaper :v
"Buddying"
Jargon that is used in a personal context to mean something, requires its context within the game too, to mean more.
I'm not "BUDDYING" when I'm noting 'this person isn't within my suspicion list because of [these reasons]'; 'these people who aren't within those people are people I can be suspicious of' [followed by reasons].

Buddying is one of the commonly used terms I keep seeing being thrown about that it gives me the idea that it's moreso an emotional thing or a reactive tell. Something to give an impression rather than a context clue. You've WHOLLY missed in your post recap of me (but thanks, now I've a full post to link and quote everytime I would like a recap of my posts), that I have stated my suspicions on the scumteam being...methodical.

Yes, I am making a pointed case to go with my vote. I want to be sure that the person I'm lynching is scum and knows that I believe them to be.
Honestly, since this is mafia and I believe it was said that... wait, I have the quote here.
Everyone here is literally out to get you. You can't fully trust everyone.
There should be nobody that you don't suspect. So please, do not try to pretend to me that you can hunt scum by finding people who are town. I have played with you before, and I know you are a better player than this.

As for buddying being an emotional buzz word: You're right, it can be. Buddying is used to refer to when someone puts someone else in a good light in order to make that person less suspicious of you (like you are doing to me and like someone accused me of doing to Persus), trying to make someone purposefully look good so that when you flip scum they look bad, joking around like buddies, or acting unnaturally friendly towards someone. You may be able to ride on your reputation of being the friendliest person on the site to avoid the latter two definitions, but you can't avoid the first. Your town read of me is strained, though it pains me to admit that. When you were saying that I and 4maskwolf can't both be mafia, the compliments you made on the points he made were definitely overdoing it, and the town read you had on doll was tenuous at best, purely based on how doll and I were fighting too much to be mafia.

Quote from: more Tiruin
Someone wiped out the replacement, helping the game, which is good. This is one impression I'm using in that one note of the scumteam; second is that given my LACK of mention towards others' being pointedly making a case, it's to give notice that the scumteam is moreso acting or relying on their abilities rather than a strong day play [riding the waves and all; there are MANY weak targets to go after here, and the lack of mention towards me that way too {like...the whole post I made on scumteam thinking, nothing was done about it. The post about TolyK's case on me being dropped somewhere alongside post-D1, nothing too}, tells me too that there's something moreso going during the night than the day]

OSG was mod-killed because there was no replacement. So nobody wiped out the replacement, because there wasn't one. Nobody except OSG has asked for or been replaced, either. I can't understand your jarberage (jargon-giberish-garbage barage) in the [square and {curly} braces], so  could you please make this clearer. I think what you're saying is that the scum are not capitalizing on anything day-related by making good cases or defending themselves well, and using their night powers more? Well, that sounds like you to me, but that's confimation bias. I guess it could also apply to TBF, TDS, or Persus.

Quote from: Tiruin
And to note how you've added every single note to all my posts does help too. :3
It's pointedly in your language. How many times have you used the word 'fishing' there?
all point to you being scum (because it is difficult to fake a case and you want people to suspect the people you've been town-reading when you flip).
Why this is sandpaper-y like I mentioned, is because it's either you're going all out on me for trying to make a case as scum, or you're town and making your best point. Either way, in communication on both parties; all these information will be useful later on.

Although...I am concerned.
Why is 'town hunting', called 'buddying'?
Yeah. I would specifically like a response to my comment on your 21st post:
Telling TolyK that his case is too overt?! WTF is this?! You're actively quashing scum hunting now?!
I use buddying 8 times, fishing 3 times, and content (as in low-content) 4 times.
As for why I call "town hunting" "buddying", multiple reasons. First off, it's a bad idea regardless of what I call it. "scum benefit more from the fact that knowledge of who is generally perceived as town helps them aim their nightkill, and more townies have to be found to figure out the scum [if town hunting is the primary objective]". Basically, until LYLO, town-hunting is detrimental to the town. But you asked why I call it buddying. It's because you are trying to make these people look good, which when your alignment is revealed, will then reflect more strongly on those people. When you say they look town, and flip town, we'd be more likely to trust you, yes, but when you flip mafia we'd likely scrutinize those people looking for any scum tells. And if we lynch one of them because you said they looked town, and they turn out town, well, then your mission in town-reading them is accomplished. Which is exactly the same motivation behind traditional buddying.
And from my horribly organized notes; doll spent their shots at two people. Doll either died because of his abilities or because someone killed them back. THere's some kind of redaction to flips. We've 12 out of 15 alive [since Lenglon + Shakerag = together ♥], and there seemed to be a massblock on N1 but I couldn't go back and recheck (despite trawling through 20 pages since page 51 prior <_<) and note if anything like that was mentioned.
I told you what happened. Doll died because I killed them, and doll's ability was self-redacting, because it's the one that gives them abilities post-mortem, the one I got a version of. It was called Withdrawal, and it turned them into (and will turn me into) a role called Caffeine Withdrawal on death. Obviously with no revive this time. They also probably did not use any abilities whatsoever because they lost complete and total interest in the game, although that is speculation on my behalf.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 20, 2017, 04:40:06 am »

RIP Pozzai. D:

~

DarkStar regarding FoU:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would describe DarkStar's tone regarding FoU as remarkably soft relative to how DarkStar describes most players. In the first quote there, the way he expressed his sentiment of FoU is...about the nicest way of saying it possible. Around the time of the second quote, DarkStar refers to several other players as at least "mildly scummy" but merely narrates FoU's posts as "Overall, there's... almost nothing of substance anywhere. His reads are nice to have but I really want to see more stuff from him." This is markedly different from how he talks about flabort in the same post (FoU is sorta sandwiched between two more passionate reads), and also from how DarkStar talks about Persus and 4mask around the same time.

FoU regarding DarkStar

Fallacy has him in a neutral low activity pile and doesn't discuss him again. I think it's notable that this neutral lurker pile (1/3 are confirmed town) isn't something that he comes back to when he posts reads later. Compare this with Fallacy's later reads, particularly of Fish:

Fallacy's weird Fish progression:

Where Fish gets swapped from something of a weak townread/playing well enough, suddenly to one of two names that aren't playing well. I think this makes TBF less likely aligned with FoU. Furthermore FoU does not take this opportunity to shade any of his {OSG, DarkStar, Shakerag} pool in the people who aren't playing well question, which...makes me think it's likely he threw a buddy in the {kinda need to post more} pool and was likely more interested in following up in different directions (attempting to third party hunting/shade non-mafia).

I previously mildly townread DarkStar for seeming to not push an agenda with his stances on the game, but I don't think that's hard to fake with how uninvested he's appeared to be thus far. DarkStar voteparked TBF, asked for an extension, and then acquiesced through silence to a flabort lynch. On D2 he did some questioning surrounding one of his night abilities and then again disappeared, never actually discussing who to lynch.

I think TheDarkStar is one of the more likely partners for FallacyofUrist and would like to put his feet to the fire Today.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 20, 2017, 04:54:01 am »

So... I guess we weren't permitted to talk at night, but the GM left the thread unlocked. I'd get into speculation as to why, especially considering the way Wuba phrased "if you are not allowed to talk at night", but that would probably be an unhelpful conversation. I didn't see what Tiruin or Persus had said, because they had edited away their posts on Wuba's request when I looked - probably just "why is this thread unlocked at night", like I think I did.
PFP
There's nice meat in this case towards me that's covered by nice bits in Flabort's own personal lens (and also helpful corrections, which positively adds to this, but makes me embarrassed) >_> but our responses were more 'Webadict does this in his games; don't mind it'.
But I'll cut to the chase later (alongside noting that, yeah, my notes were messy and I did forget that the modkill was a modkill <_>)
OSG was mod-killed because there was no replacement. So nobody wiped out the replacement, because there wasn't one. Nobody except OSG has asked for or been replaced, either. I can't understand your jarberage (jargon-giberish-garbage barage) in the [square and {curly} braces], so  could you please make this clearer. I think what you're saying is that the scum are not capitalizing on anything day-related by making good cases or defending themselves well, and using their night powers more? Well, that sounds like you to me, but that's confimation bias. I guess it could also apply to TBF, TDS, or Persus.
It's that what I notice, and now cross-referencing FoU (which I didn't suspect due to seeing him as doing what he does--but then noticing it only after his death that there were those significant indicators [that still didn't poke me because I didn't focus on him]), that SANS this current note on FoU, I had the impression since mid-D1 that the scumteam were being somewhat passive, or active in targeting weaker town folks. Nobody is addressing Jack A T or TolyK much--both being very strong players in their own right; nobody is casing out Lenglon/Shakerag, who are a two-birds-one-stone type. So what I'ms aying is what you wrote there.
Also you wrote it weirdly; 'the scum', but I'm putting that to semantics.

Lenglon-Shakerag Coalition: My actions have been failing since two nights ago (and maybe this is good as I'm being blocked by scum) :3
But woo, we've confirmed non-Mafiases.
Who can probably be SKs.
Who I've acted on on both nights. :v

Also, you two, have my extra vote. Cheering you on dudes.
RIP Pozzai. D:
He was a good man u_u

Flabort: Tell me one thing; what did you do last night?
And, are you sure you will live through today?

I'm asking in purely general questions. Because I care about you.
And you're really hot.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 20, 2017, 10:11:44 am »

flabort:
Oooooh kay then.
I gained three abilities in the night - since I had no targeted actions, these were all from targeting me.
I hope one of the people who targeted me can tell me who else targeted me. Because one of those people is scum, for sure.
We targeted everyone except you last night.  So whatever you got didn't come from us.  I'm assuming, based on your wording, that one of the abilities you gained is something referencing the mafiakill?

Also, just for the sake of information sharing, we received no messages last night.

I'm speculating that Pozzai was protecting someone who had a kill aimed at them.  Further speculating that the kill had some additional effect about hiding roleflips.  Hmm.

hector13:
Do you have a killing ability?

Tiruin:
Lenglon-Shakerag Coalition: My actions have been failing since two nights ago (and maybe this is good as I'm being blocked by scum) :3
Who can probably be SKs.
So you've acted on someone both nights or were blocked?  And who are the confirmed "non-Mafiases" but-can-probably-be-SKs?  Like I said, we didn't get any messages last night about anything happening to us.  (As an aside, now I know how Venom feels with this always using "we" instead of "I").

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 20, 2017, 10:47:15 am »

Tiruin:
Who can probably be SKs.
So you've acted on someone both nights or were blocked?  And who are the confirmed "non-Mafiases" but-can-probably-be-SKs?  Like I said, we didn't get any messages last night about anything happening to us.  (As an aside, now I know how Venom feels with this always using "we" instead of "I").
I acted on you...lenglon and you, both nights :v
My actions have failed, both nights. :O
Other than me keeping an eye on Flabort.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 20, 2017, 11:20:11 am »

Tiruin:
Who can probably be SKs.
I acted on you...lenglon and you, both nights :v
My actions have failed, both nights. :O
Other than me keeping an eye on Flabort.

Tiruin:

I watched Lenglon-Shakerag last night and you did not visit them. The only people who visited them were themselves. Explain, please.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 20, 2017, 11:34:48 am »

EBWOP: I also watched flabort n1 and you didn't visit him either.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 20, 2017, 11:38:56 am »

:v
Did nobody read that I said my actions failed and I've been announcing such since D1?

PFP

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 20, 2017, 11:39:40 am »

TBF is having weird issues posting for everyone's information.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 20, 2017, 11:44:40 am »

Did nobody read that I said my actions failed and I've been announcing such since D1?

PFP

Yes, but in your post you seemed to be implying that your actions failed due to Lenglon-Shakerag, not due to your own role. It seems like you're trying to push Lenglon-Shakerag as more suspicious than they are.

PPE: And I read through a few of your other posts. I'll unvote for now, since you said that you've been getting blocked. I need to reread your posts though, since I'm getting an odd/inconsistent vibe from you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 20, 2017, 12:00:15 pm »

PFP

Yes, but in your post you seemed to be implying that your actions failed due to Lenglon-Shakerag, not due to your own role. It seems like you're trying to push Lenglon-Shakerag as more suspicious than they are.

PPE: And I read through a few of your other posts. I'll unvote for now, since you said that you've been getting blocked. I need to reread your posts though, since I'm getting an odd/inconsistent vibe from you.
Uh...I've been explicit of what I've been doing lately and that note on you targeting flabort out of nowhere makes me go ??? on why you'd mention that as any connection?

What's been going on and why'd you watch the folks you mentioned?
Why mention your N1 target? That seemed like a giddy-reactive vote.

I think TheDarkStar is one of the more likely partners for FallacyofUrist and would like to put his feet to the fire Today.
I sincerely doubt that, now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 20, 2017, 12:45:42 pm »

PFP

Uh...I've been explicit of what I've been doing lately and that note on you targeting flabort out of nowhere makes me go ??? on why you'd mention that as any connection?

What's been going on and why'd you watch the folks you mentioned?
Why mention your N1 target? That seemed like a giddy-reactive vote.

I watched flabort n1 because of his connection to doll. I'd have watched doll but I wasn't sure if he was still playing and I didn't want to waste my action on someone would would be modkilled anyway (note: I mentioned that I watched flabort yesterday).

I watched Lenglon-Shakerag because they've made themselves a target. Basically, I'm watching to see if they get nightkilled.

And I mentioned my n1 target because you said in this post that you succeeded in targeting flabort ("my actions have failed...other than me keeping an eye on flabort") on some indeterminate night/on both nights. Actually, I'm really confused on what you're trying to say there.

...why?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 20, 2017, 12:59:08 pm »

...why?
Sorry, part of my post I was adding to got snipped, pasted, cut, and the tab died >_>
PFP due to bad net
But it was because of your sudden counter-reaction (plus me checking back, trying to skim, and noticing several additional notes that reinforce my views on Jack, TolyK (partially), Lenglag, and Persus)

And to clarify, the statement after the ellipsis was me more taking offline notes about Flabort <_< I'm REAL CONFLICTED about him being scum or town, but he's leaning town, very annoyingly erratically in that if he was scum, he'd be pushing all he's got.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 95