Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193432 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 2: One Up, One Down, And One Nowhere Around
« Reply #900 on: June 15, 2017, 02:11:03 pm »

... I hate my life.
Still gonna be posting via horrible phone signal until the 18-22 because my boss's boss's boss's boss fucked up.

Tea: lets have a little thought experiment. If you still had your vote by proxy - as in I was willing to vote ANYONE you wanted with one vote to represent your vote still being yours, who would you tell me to vote and why?

4mask: same thought experiment would apply, but you did just try to vote so ill assume thats who youd vote. please tell me if Im wrong.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 15, 2017, 02:28:07 pm »

Also I'll vote to Extend because I haven't found a good alternative target yet.
Oops.

Well, since I failed my optional post restriction, I feel fine saying what's up with that: if I hold to a certain post restriction during the day, I can use a certain ability during the night.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 15, 2017, 03:35:45 pm »

... I hate my life.
Still gonna be posting via horrible phone signal until the 18-22 because my boss's boss's boss's boss fucked up.

Tea: lets have a little thought experiment. If you still had your vote by proxy - as in I was willing to vote ANYONE you wanted with one vote to represent your vote still being yours, who would you tell me to vote and why?

4mask: same thought experiment would apply, but you did just try to vote so ill assume thats who youd vote. please tell me if Im wrong.

Also PFP. As previously stated, my top scumread and preferred Lynch today is still FoU. He continually primarily posts theory and empty promises of changing his play, and his TolyK trajectory lacks genuine depth/nuance.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 15, 2017, 03:44:09 pm »

I have like zero time to post, but I'll try to answer the things that have been addressed to me quickly since I don't have any particular leads to pursue outside of ones that have already been pursued (by me or others).

Jack: Honestly, because I don't think that webadict would make a post restriction that is that godawfully annoying.  Wubsy is not a fan of post restrictions to begin with and the last time I saw a post restriction in a webadict game it was faked by the mafia to divert attention.

Lenglon: What actually happened is I forgot that I didn't have a vote and tried to vote even though I didn't have one.  But yes, I want FoU lynched, otherwise I wouldn't have tried to vote for him.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 15, 2017, 03:56:36 pm »

Hey TolyK.  Lenglon raised an interesting point.  Do you get anything from more people using that ability you gave us?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 15, 2017, 04:53:38 pm »

Well, I've still been busy as hell, so I'll just have to trust in my partner, hector13 (who has an ability that told me he was town), and the guy I stole a vote from.

FoU
LengRag

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 15, 2017, 06:34:23 pm »

Ayyyy reeeds! :O Having horribad internet at the moment; it's hindering my performance.

Sectioning my post to address many things.
I don't think so.
Well, I'm currently suspecting Tiruin for not having ANY suspects more than I suspect you for the mafia avoiding your suspects, right now, actually, so I'm going to unvote you and vote her.
flabort: Alright.  It seemed like there were a few links missing: why them not killing one of the people I voted for makes me look suspicious, what makes it look like they actively avoided my suspects, and why this doesn't point at anyone else whose vote targets weren't nightkilled.  Can you clarify?
Well, it's less suspicious today than it would be tomorrow, hence me unvoting you for now, BUT, you had the most suspects and changed votes the most out of anyone day 1; as such, if you were scum, then you were spreading out "suspects" to look town, but then the scum killed one of your non-suspects so that you wouldn't have to come up with new fake-cases on the remaining suspects of yours - in fact, your fake suspects would look even more suspicious for having survived.
But then, it's still early in the game and probably too early for me to pull out that card. I was pretty much just jumping on the first thing I noticed about you and blowing it out of proportion while I looked for anything else suspicious.
Flabort, I'd love for you to make a comprehensive case on me rather than one that tries to invoke a meaning by itself.
Because you're not representing me there--you're representing your viewpoint, and I have mentioned before that your viewpoint is both LACKING and...it's not definitive, as if there's an agenda beforehand (and it's really being sandpaper-y with my D1 notes on you AND doll)
Do you think my 'lack of suspects' has any validity when I've concisely detailed my views on who ISN'T MY SUSPECTS (and thus, can be suspected in itself of 'maybe she's scum! Because she's playing it safe and withholding her views!'), because ANY OF THESE are not mentioned by you other than a generalization up there.

Now lets' have some Day 2 reeds.
Many are gray because i haven't had time (because no net :V) to update my notes and otherwise.
Everyone: Why is FoU or Flabort being the spotlight of the day? (as far as I've gathered as it seems anyway)
Well, let's answer this "Everyone" question first.
FoU is in the spotlight due to... well, a similar reason to why I suspect you, best summarized in This post here, and I'm in the spotlight because I killed Doll and didn't flip like I claimed I would, when I honestly thought I would.

As for your demands directed specifically in my direction, what I'm trying to make clear is that saying "X subgroup of people is NOT suspicious", especially when that subset is super small, is not conductive to finding who IS suspicious. Yes, you've clearly pointed out that neither Doll nor I are suspicious to you, which is some damn fine town-hunting. Town hunting, also known as buddying, is not useful to the town, we need scum hunting. So, for conciseness, let's go through aaaaallll your posts, and find if there are any places where you do any scum hunting.

How's that for comprehensive? No where in there do I see any serious scum hunting. There's a half hearted attempt to call TBF out on lurking, your conviction that I am town wavering, and a niggling doubt in the back of your mind about Shakerag-Lenglon that you keep asking about and finally vote on, but don't make a good case about.

Got to go, if there's anything else addressed to me I'll be back tonight.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 15, 2017, 07:01:50 pm »

EBWOP, PFP
In summary, your lack of scum hunting, emphasis on town-reading everyone, your emphasis that shakelon must be a third party, all point to you being scum (because it is difficult to fake a case and you want people to suspect the people you've been town-reading when you flip).

The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 15, 2017, 11:00:00 pm »

PFP

See this is why I'm having a conflicting read on you Flabort; you CAN present a comprehensive and detailed case, but what conflicts it is you're being very pointy (which underscores bias) in how you mention it <_<

As in, you mention 'scum' but not how that makes sense of BEING scum. That's the content that is most important in making a case regardless of how much detail is put onto one's insight onto another's posts in details.

Also to outline doll's important notes--he made a very precise mention of how behaviors can outline one's abilities, and the way I'm behaving is for a reason towards that note. :P

That said, there's 'emphasis': Please explain how you see emphasis and how that makes someone scummy one way or another.
As for your demands directed specifically in my direction, what I'm trying to make clear is that saying "X subgroup of people is NOT suspicious", especially when that subset is super small, is not conductive to finding who IS suspicious.
...It's both that one is saying this subset isn't suspicious, because it cuts out who they can find is suspicious and directs their efforts towards those who aren't in that subset. This is very reasonable though.
Yes, you've clearly pointed out that neither Doll nor I are suspicious to you, which is some damn fine town-hunting. Town hunting, also known as buddying, is not useful to the town, we need scum hunting. So, for conciseness, let's go through aaaaallll your posts, and find if there are any places where you do any scum hunting.
And this is the pointyness that is like sandpaper :v
"Buddying"
Jargon that is used in a personal context to mean something, requires its context within the game too, to mean more.
I'm not "BUDDYING" when I'm noting 'this person isn't within my suspicion list because of [these reasons]'; 'these people who aren't within those people are people I can be suspicious of' [followed by reasons].

Buddying is one of the commonly used terms I keep seeing being thrown about that it gives me the idea that it's moreso an emotional thing or a reactive tell. Something to give an impression rather than a context clue. You've WHOLLY missed in your post recap of me (but thanks, now I've a full post to link and quote everytime I would like a recap of my posts), that I have stated my suspicions on the scumteam being...methodical.
Someone wiped out the replacement, helping the game, which is good. This is one impression I'm using in that one note of the scumteam; second is that given my LACK of mention towards others' being pointedly making a case, it's to give notice that the scumteam is moreso acting or relying on their abilities rather than a strong day play [riding the waves and all; there are MANY weak targets to go after here, and the lack of mention towards me that way too {like...the whole post I made on scumteam thinking, nothing was done about it. The post about TolyK's case on me being dropped somewhere alongside post-D1, nothing too}, tells me too that there's something moreso going during the night than the day]

And to note how you've added every single note to all my posts does help too. :3
It's pointedly in your language. How many times have you used the word 'fishing' there?
all point to you being scum (because it is difficult to fake a case and you want people to suspect the people you've been town-reading when you flip).
Why this is sandpaper-y like I mentioned, is because it's either you're going all out on me for trying to make a case as scum, or you're town and making your best point. Either way, in communication on both parties; all these information will be useful later on.

Although...I am concerned.
Why is 'town hunting', called 'buddying'?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 15, 2017, 11:18:49 pm »

... I hate my life.
Well I love your life :O
TolyK/TBF: Whatsoever happened to those notes you wanted to poke me about?
Players:
4maskwolf
FallacyOfUrist
hector13
Jack A T
Lenglon-Shakerag
Tea
TheBiggerFish
TheDarkStar
Tiruin
TolyK

Ded but revived, so not really dead:
Persus
Flabort

Ded:
OSG (Modkill'd)
doll (N1)
Unknown:

Pozzai - Seemingly killed but no flip

And from my horribly organized notes; doll spent their shots at two people. Doll either died because of his abilities or because someone killed them back. THere's some kind of redaction to flips. We've 12 out of 15 alive [since Lenglon + Shakerag = together ♥], and there seemed to be a massblock on N1 but I couldn't go back and recheck (despite trawling through 20 pages since page 51 prior <_<) and note if anything like that was mentioned.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Night 1: Hanging Out
« Reply #910 on: June 15, 2017, 11:21:53 pm »

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

It's an eerie type of quiet when you surround someone and decide that they need to be gotten rid of. It's a slow dramatic silence, deafening to all those present. Time was moving at a rate of one second per hour.

So, let's take a brief reprieve from this scene.

I bet you're wondering why. It's mostly because there's no reason to draw this out. This has been a long time coming. There's nothing that's been more certain than this particular event at this particular time for any amount of time. That's pretty much a for sure thing. In fact, this is so widely known that it's not even worth telling you how widely known this fact is. That's how certain this particular event is.

Certainly, this certain fact, ascertained by certain certaining, is so certain, that the certain ascertaining is so ascertained that certainly, this certain fact need not be ascertained.

Because FallacyOfUrist is certainly...

FallacyOfUrist has been lynched!

FallacyOfUrist was the Overworld (mafia).

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
FallacyOfUrist - Jack A T, Persus13, Lenglon, Lenglon, Shakerag,
flabort - TolyK,
hector13 - TheBiggerFish,
Jack A T -
Lenglon-Shakerag - Tiruin, Shakerag,
Persus13 -
Tea -
TheBiggerFish -
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin - flabort,
TolyK - FallacyOfUrist,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TheDarkStar, hector13,

Extend - Lenglon, FallacyOfUrist, Persus13,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends on Thursday, June 15th around 8:00 PM CST. There is an Extension available.

Quote from: Current Rules
Survival - The Mafiakill does not count toward the 1 action per Phase limit.

It is now Night. Night ends Monday, June 19th at 8 PM or until I have all actions.

The Overworld

(Day) Game Mode: Change the rules of the game. These rules are visible to all players. You cannot choose Spectator on Day 1.
(1-Shot, Mafiakill) Server Ban [target]: Kill the target. If the target would resurrect, you steal that ability first.

Additional Information
Rules:
Survival - The Mafiakill does not count toward the 1 action per Phase limit.
Creative - The next Mafia Player to die revives. This ability only triggers once per game.
Hardcore - Whenever a Mafia Player uses a Mafiakill, they may also choose to Block their target.
Spectator - The Mafiakill is a Day action.
Adventure - The Mafiakill cannot be redirected or blocked.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:10:25 pm by webadict »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Night 2: Mafi-Oh So Dead
« Reply #911 on: June 17, 2017, 02:46:01 am »

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 06:39:08 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 17, 2017, 03:31:26 am »

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 12:54:56 pm by Tiruin »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 17, 2017, 08:16:42 am »

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:40:48 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 17, 2017, 09:38:43 am »

Please edit your posts to remove your posts if you are not allowed to talk at Night.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 95