Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193291 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 3: Dead Men Do Tell Tales
« Reply #930 on: June 20, 2017, 12:59:56 pm »

TDS - we attempted to action you last night. the action was the same as the one from N1 that failed to take effect and yet you saw happen anyway. did you see us attempt to action you this night? we did not action ourselves so I am attempting to locate who we were redirected from.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 20, 2017, 01:12:04 pm »

I saw that you and 4mask actioned me. In addition, I saw you visit yourself (although I didn't see you visit anyone else, which is inconsistent with who I saw visit me and I've PM'd webadict about that already).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 20, 2017, 01:19:26 pm »

TDS - it seems likely to me that 4mask redirected you away from us, and to someone that wasn't flabort, and wasn't actioned by anyone else. probably to avoid the risk of you seeing the NK.
4mask - Why did you redirect TDS?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 20, 2017, 01:23:14 pm »

hector13:
Do you have a killing ability?

No.

I did have a super awesome revive auto, though.

I was hoping to see some bussing going on with FoU's lynch, but I don't think the people who were voting him would be aligned with him... 'cept maybe 4mask's attempt to vote him when he didn't have a vote to use.

Probably need to do a lot of reading, since I've been neglecting this game quite a bit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 20, 2017, 01:24:48 pm »

by the way, I'm back from 100%phonenet and am now only on 80% phonenet, so i can provide quotes and links and stuff if you want it. so if there was anything people were waiting to ask me until I got back - now's the time.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 20, 2017, 01:31:09 pm »

note - My vote is NOT pressure. that's a lynch vote. redirecting the information gathering role is a pure-scum move, through and through, helps town noway, nohow. if 4mask flips scum I would like it if someone capable of performing protections would protect TDS, and TDS I would like to have NOT list off who actions him tomorrow (other than me/shake) to avoid giving away who the protector is.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 20, 2017, 02:21:39 pm »

4mask - Why did you redirect TDS?
Because I was curious what Tiruin was up to, and lacking an investigative ability of my own I was obliged to borrow someone else's.  I only have two actions I want to use right now and the other was a protect and I didn't fancy my odds of actually protecting the scum's target.

Why was I curious about Tiruin?  A mix of gut feeling and difficulty reading her.  A lot of the other players here I have an easier time with reading and establishing connection between, but it's been a long time since I played regularly with Tiruin (the last couple games don't really count) so I've lost my edge on reading her.  Why didn't I have TDS watch, say, TBF?  Because TBF, if mafia, is pretty easy to find out and lynch anyway, so it'd be a waste of a night action on something we already know.

It's also a good way to poke at TDS's alignment as well, insofar as how much information he reveals on the matter and in what manner he goes about it.  I'm pretty convinced he's town at this point.

Sorry by the way, TDS, I won't hijack you again in the future now that I've gotten all the information I wanted out of it.

I was hoping to see some bussing going on with FoU's lynch, but I don't think the people who were voting him would be aligned with him... 'cept maybe 4mask's attempt to vote him when he didn't have a vote to use.
Jeez, I'm sorry, okay?  Mistakes happen, especially when the day has gone on for a while and you forgot about your loss of a vote.

Imma go back and read FoU's posts from the last couple days and see if I can't puzzle something out.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 20, 2017, 02:22:41 pm »

note - My vote is NOT pressure. that's a lynch vote. redirecting the information gathering role is a pure-scum move, through and through, helps town noway, nohow.
Blah blah blah that's not true in the slightest, especially in a BYOR where role's are crazy.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 20, 2017, 03:27:38 pm »

I am here! From a 800x600 "safe mode" computer... fun times.

Everyone:
Alright, can we assemble who claims to have targeted who, and claimed + flipped powers? I'll go ahead and (re-)claim some things right now. (Below is not an actual quote, it's a summary + a bit of info.)

Quote from: TolyK
I have a Day ability to make a chat, which I used D1 to add Jack.
I used an ability N1 on Shakelon, which failed. I used an ability N2 on Tiruin, and I'm waiting for confirmation on what happened.

Jack has claimed a few things in our chat, which I'll let him decide on.

Likely (50%? :P), Pozzai ate a kill that was meant for someone else.
By seeing who targeted who, we'll get a better idea of trustworthiness.

Currently going to vote for Tiruin based on older suspicions, this might be retracted as I get info regarding N2.

I think TheDarkStar is one of the more likely partners for FallacyofUrist and would like to put his feet to the fire Today.
I sincerely doubt that, now.

...why?
Sorry, part of my post I was adding to got snipped, pasted, cut, and the tab died >_>
PFP due to bad net
But it was because of your sudden counter-reaction (plus me checking back, trying to skim, and noticing several additional notes that reinforce my views on Jack, TolyK (partially), Lenglag, and Persus)

And to clarify, the statement after the ellipsis was me more taking offline notes about Flabort <_< I'm REAL CONFLICTED about him being scum or town, but he's leaning town, very annoyingly erratically in that if he was scum, he'd be pushing all he's got.
Can you reiterate (approximately, at least) what changed your views on us 4 (5)?

And about Flabort, again...

Tiruin:
Lenglon-Shakerag Coalition: My actions have been failing since two nights ago (and maybe this is good as I'm being blocked by scum) :3
But woo, we've confirmed non-Mafiases.
Who can probably be SKs.
Who I've acted on on both nights. :v
So you've acted on someone both nights or were blocked?  And who are the confirmed "non-Mafiases" but-can-probably-be-SKs?  Like I said, we didn't get any messages last night about anything happening to us.  (As an aside, now I know how Venom feels with this always using "we" instead of "I").
I acted on you...lenglon and you, both nights :v
My actions have failed, both nights. :O
Other than me keeping an eye on Flabort.
So, you have 2 night actions? Also, actions failing twice is incredibly convenient, just sayin'.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 20, 2017, 03:30:05 pm »

Wait, I forgot that Pozzai died N1, and was dead for D2.

So there was only 1 successful "kill" last night, it seems.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 20, 2017, 03:33:47 pm »

Back from vacation, TDS seems pretty town. Momentum seems to be going behind a Tiruin lynch, not sure I like that.

Tiruin:
Lenglon-Shakerag Coalition: My actions have been failing since two nights ago (and maybe this is good as I'm being blocked by scum) :3
Who can probably be SKs.
So you've acted on someone both nights or were blocked?  And who are the confirmed "non-Mafiases" but-can-probably-be-SKs?  Like I said, we didn't get any messages last night about anything happening to us.  (As an aside, now I know how Venom feels with this always using "we" instead of "I").
[/quote]
So, you have 2 night actions? Also, actions failing twice is incredibly convenient, just sayin'.
[/quote]
Why are you asking if she has two night actions?

4mask: Since you're so willing to claim, what did you do N1?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 20, 2017, 03:34:13 pm »

EBWOP: I'll have a more in depth post sometime in the near future.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 20, 2017, 04:04:44 pm »

Tiruin: You've claimed that you were blocked but (according to 4mask) I saw you act. At the very least, I'd like a full description of what you did last night.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 20, 2017, 04:29:12 pm »

Flabort: Tell me one thing; what did you do last night?
And, are you sure you will live through today?

I'm asking in purely general questions. Because I care about you.
And you're really hot.
I used my Spiders Everywhere 1-shot that I gained the night before, giving a web strand to everyone who already had a web strand. This was an untargeted ability.

I am not sure I will live through today, just like how I was not sure I would live through last night or the day before.

WhyTF would you call me really hot after I accused you of being unnaturally nice towards me? Where are you even getting that idea?

flabort:
Oooooh kay then.
I gained three abilities in the night - since I had no targeted actions, these were all from targeting me.
I hope one of the people who targeted me can tell me who else targeted me. Because one of those people is scum, for sure.
We targeted everyone except you last night.  So whatever you got didn't come from us.  I'm assuming, based on your wording, that one of the abilities you gained is something referencing the mafiakill?

Also, just for the sake of information sharing, we received no messages last night.

I'm speculating that Pozzai was protecting someone who had a kill aimed at them.  Further speculating that the kill had some additional effect about hiding roleflips.  Hmm.
Hmm. I was quite certain one of the abilities I got last night was from you. Yes, one of my abilities gained last night has the [mafiakill] tag. I asked Wuba for clarification, and the ability cannot be used by someone without access to the mafia kill, so except for telling me that I was visited by a mafioso and what sort of mafiakill they are capable of, it is almost useless to me.

Um, who else claimed vote stealing, with the ability to make it permanent, besides you? The vote stealing ability I got is NOT the Mafiakill, FYI.

Everyone:
Alright, can we assemble who claims to have targeted who, and claimed + flipped powers? I'll go ahead and (re-)claim some things right now. (Below is not an actual quote, it's a summary + a bit of info.)

Quote from: TolyK
I have a Day ability to make a chat, which I used D1 to add Jack.
I used an ability N1 on Shakelon, which failed. I used an ability N2 on Tiruin, and I'm waiting for confirmation on what happened.

Jack has claimed a few things in our chat, which I'll let him decide on.

And about Flabort, again...

Tiruin:
Who can probably be SKs.
Sure, I'll repeat my claims, and add to them since my abilities are growing.
Quote from:  Original Role, lost on revive
Flabort’s High-Powered BYOR (Town)

Auto (Triggered on lynch day 1): Backup role: I could choose a rolename, and when I died I would revive as that role.
Night, target: Randomly Selected: Randomize the target.
night, target/self: high power: Give target a random 1-shot from a preset list (Protect, Inspect, Kill, Track, Watch, Karma, Bus, Redirect, Guard, Block)
1-shot: Infinite Actions: does not count towards one action per phase, on the phase used any actions used may be targeted at any number of players, though each player only once.
Quote from: The role I revived as
Peter Petrelli (town)

Auto: Heroes: Whenever targeted by someone or I target someone, gain a 1-shot version of a random ability of theirs. If I gain a power from all living players, I win.
1-shot, target (gained as part of the role, used N1): Eerie Arrival: Kill a player that aided in my death.
1-shot, Night (gained N1, used N2) Spiders Everywhere: all players with web strands gain an additional web strand.
1-shot, auto (gained N1): Withdrawal: Become caffeine withdrawal, granting additional abilities, after death. Ability is [REDACTED]
 on death.
1-shot, Night, target (gained N2): Bigly: steal a vote from target. can destroy ability to make vote steal permanent, votes return if I die.
1-shot, mafiakill (gained N2): Monster Within: Convert target to your alignment, if successful you die and flip as their role + alignment, they gain this role.
auto (gained N2): Balance: Cannot use the same ability twice in a row.

If Tiruin indeed has had two actions and has been watching me this whole time, I believe that Spiders Everywhere and Monster Within both probably came from her, then. And how would she get two actions? FallacyofUrist's gamerules ability. Why did her actions "fail"? The targets revived or were protected, or else there's another auto ability in effect preventing her from body snatching someone.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 20, 2017, 04:43:19 pm »

note - My vote is NOT pressure. that's a lynch vote. redirecting the information gathering role is a pure-scum move, through and through, helps town noway, nohow.
Blah blah blah that's not true in the slightest, especially in a BYOR where role's are crazy.
Prove it.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 95