Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193623 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2017, 01:47:52 am »

Jack: Why was there no question in your question?

Lenglon: Why do you consider RP in Mafia a benefit?
Also Lenglon:If you are RPing, is that a softclaim of your role?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2017, 01:48:14 am »

Tea: OOOhhhhh lookit! a bandwagon! lemmie on lemmie on!

At this pace we can lynch her before she has a chance to appear... This is the stuff dreams are made of, I'm so happy right now!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2017, 01:48:57 am »

TheBiggerFish: To elicit a response.  Why did you not initially ask about the gap?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2017, 01:49:21 am »

4maskwolf: Interesting that you're so uneasy about my claiming my theme at all.  Answering (not-quite-prompted) doll's question to get your thoughts out, even: you felt this was relatively important to say.  As for why I claimed it...as I said, because.

Remind me to get back to this when it is no longer a Garcia !

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2017, 01:52:03 am »

TheBiggerFish: To elicit a response.  Why did you not initially ask about the gap?
I got distracted by Pozzai and it was over a pagebreak, so I didn't notice it again afterwards.  I also thought it might have been a mistake.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2017, 01:54:28 am »

I got distracted by Pozzai and it was over a pagebreak, so I didn't notice it again afterwards.  I also thought it might have been a mistake.
TheBiggerFish: The pagebreak and the distraction make sense as cause to not ask.  However, you thought I might have made a mistake.  Why would that make you less likely to check with me, not more likely?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2017, 01:56:23 am »

TheBiggerFish: The pagebreak and the distraction make sense as cause to not ask.  However, you thought I might have made a mistake.  Why would that make you less likely to check with me, not more likely?
Eh?

...you know what, maybe I shouldn't be playing Mafia at 3 AM, my attention span is apparently that of the proverbial goldfish.  Gonna sleep now.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2017, 01:57:24 am »

TBF: Before your time, kid, before your time.  Remember that you're a Gen 4 player, there's a lot of old players you don't know.  Now, why have all your posts been about people's previous mafia experience?

Oh you know her? I might have to lean a bit on you later then ! :P
I am vaguely familiar with Tea, I may have played a couple games in the past with her, lemme check...

Yeah okay I have, I was getting worried for a second there.  Don't trust my reads on Tea more because of it, though, it's been a long time since I played mafia in general and specifically with Tea so I don't have any particular insight into her meta.

>.>
maybe I should RP every post again.
Pls nu.  I was on your team in that game and it was still bothersome, I can only imagine how annoying it must have been to the people actually trying to scumhunt you.

While we're on the subject of you...

Lenglon: I have a guideline about RVS bandwagons.  The first vote is random, the second vote is pressure, the third vote is lazy.  Especially when given that "justification".  That's the first thing to truly ping my scum-o-meter, even if only a fraction, so have a vote for your troubles.  (Ironically, your justification is what saved you from a much larger ping, but it doesn't mean I'm happy about it).

Jack A T: Oh come one now, I'm pretty sure you knew I would answer that question, especially when you ask how I feel about you asking that question.  I got my thoughts about because why the hell not?  I had an opinion, you had a question I could hijack to give out that opinion, and its RVS where the point is to get as much material out as possible, so why not provide some of my own.  You're right in your analysis of us as players, though: I'm fucking terrible at early game analysis and doll is pretty good at it.  Now, on to the question you asked.  I think it has greater-than-normal potential for both.  Unusual actions like that can provide clarity from the responses or muddy the waters.  Because regardless of how pointless the information is, it's going to get some kind of reaction, especially when you go out of the way to ask other players about it to get responses.

PPE x whothefuckknowsivebeentypingforforever: JEEPERS CREEPERS YA'LL.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2017, 02:03:17 am »

Well now 4mask has answered!

Ironically if you're lying about your theme Jack, that would make me feel better than if you're telling the truth.

Scum would be the ones with most information about how much effect, if any themes have on the game, as they have the most information to pool together, so I consider people who feel 'okay' about releasing that type of information this early in the game, to be more scummy than towny, because as town you'd be more inclined to be fearful for what negatives could come of it.

Will themes flip alongside roles and does OP usually give themes a gameplay effect or merely flavour?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2017, 03:10:33 am »

TheBiggerFish: Nice to meet you. In spite of your curiosity, you didn't search my previous posts in the subforum? I played a couple of games here 2 years ago; was pleasant other than the super high flaking rate.

In 2009-2010 I played a lot of IRC mafia on XylBot + forum mafia on MafiaScum, and since 2013 or so I've been flitting around the internet looking for a mafia subforum to call home.

Tea: Pozzai made a strong case against you.  How do you feel about having two votes on you?
I don't find Pozzai's or Lenglon's votes alignment indicative. I think that you voted me because of how you decided to go about your question wall, but that the mindset behind the wall is important. The rest of your post about me beyond the vote makes me feel uncomfortable because the loaded premise --> blatant reaction test question is just ... super inorganic? Like, the wagon and the LET'S DEMAND AN INSTANT RESPONSE TO THE WAGON in tandem is just..distracting from letting me find what I /do/ think is alignment indicative, and is making the most important thing about me to the thread this super artificial thing.

Was your wall of questions written in the order that you posted it in?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2017, 03:25:32 am »

TBF: RP helps me because, like you, I can post waaaay too much sometimes. If I RP then I have to take the time to get in character and translate mafia jargon into said character's speech, which takes time and effort to do. That slows me down enough to help avoid mass-posting.
TBF: Maybe and maybe not. In BYOR14 it very much was, in toony's and revolution it was just generic RP (and in toony's case was a lie because I identified as She like normal but I had been assigned a male character). in witch's coven and my BM games I didnt RP at all, and finally in lonely prince I did very little RP but it actually was in character.
Im pretty sure thats every game Ive played so... yeah. its been a claim once, and that time it was distinctive to those who knew who I was RPing. So you should be able to extrapolate that it only means something if I am being distinctive in the RP. as a rule of thumb my generic RP text color is mediumorchid, but I do also use that for some characters so...
heh, maybe? you'll probably only know when it is a claim, not when it isnt?
4mask: *shrugs* okay. I dont see a question so... whatever?
Jack: I admit to being confused as to why you claimed your theme so early. Could you tell me your view on claiming flavor, rolenames, and abilitynames in general in a BYOR like this?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2017, 03:28:56 am »

EBWOP: come to think of it, in toonys I think I did softclaim through RP as well, and I dont remember explicitly stating gender, I simply allowed Tir to correct those that addressed me as male, and responded to both he and she. so...
I guess it usually is a softclaim after all? I really am just kinda doing whatever seems right at the time.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2017, 03:43:11 am »

Tea: Pozzai made a strong case against you.  How do you feel about having two votes on you?
I don't find Pozzai's or Lenglon's votes alignment indicative. I think that you voted me because of how you decided to go about your question wall, but that the mindset behind the wall is important. The rest of your post about me beyond the vote makes me feel uncomfortable because the loaded premise --> blatant reaction test question is just ... super inorganic? Like, the wagon and the LET'S DEMAND AN INSTANT RESPONSE TO THE WAGON in tandem is just..distracting from letting me find what I /do/ think is alignment indicative, and is making the most important thing about me to the thread this super artificial thing.

Was your wall of questions written in the order that you posted it in?

Oooooh ! *grabs popcorn*

Fight, fight, fight, fight!

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2017, 03:48:51 am »

Ironically if you're lying about your theme Jack, that would make me feel better than if you're telling the truth.
I'm curious why you brought this up prior to Jack elaborating beyond "because."

My perception of what Jack has claimed about his theme is that the thought processes reflected up to and including the doll question were probably ~completely from pregame and that his role PM gave him no real reason to not want to jump in with that. I do think an easy way for scum to appear town is to articulate pure, pre-scum role PM thoughts - but I dunno that I feel that's any more likely than chance.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2017, 03:52:48 am »

Oooooh ! *grabs popcorn*

Fight, fight, fight, fight!
Uhhh. That's what you got out of my post?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 95