Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193849 times)

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2017, 01:05:25 am »

Vote:Tea

I just drank some tea, and now my stomach aches, therefore Tea is clearly bad for you and something very nasty, so we should make great attempts at removing it from the game.

/tosses Tea into the harbour.

Also, how does one avoid being through back to the mafia subforum everytime one posts ? :(

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0: Timer Dings. Locking Thread. Sending Roles (100%)
« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2017, 01:12:22 am »

And so it starts.

A claim: My theme is the balance of threat, a concept from my field of study, international relations.  Yes, my theme is the apparent basis of the title flabort did not get.

Why am I claiming this?  Because.

doll: As our resident expert on pre-game discussion analysis, what do you make of the above?

4maskwolf: As someone who isn't our resident expert on pre-game discussion analysis, what do you make of my asking a question about pre-game discussion?

Shakerag: Are you scum?

flabort: How would you react if you learned that I was lying about my theme?

TheDarkStar: What value, if any, is there in having an RVS question for everyone if not all of the questions are useful?

Lenglon: How has your view of BYORs changed since BYOR 14?

Tiruin: how do i byor

origamiscienceguy: how do i rvs

TolyK: I claimed my theme.  What does this tell you about the game?

hector13: How would hector12 approach RVS, and why is that approach wrong?

FallacyOfUrist: What is the best way to place your vote in RVS?  Should multiple players vote for the same target in RVS?

Persus13: I haven't played online Mafia for a few months.  How will this impact your view of my play, if at all?

TheBiggerFish:

Tea: Pozzai made a strong case against you.  How do you feel about having two votes on you?

Pozzai: Welcome to Bay 12.  Can you summarize your prior Mafia/Werewolf experience, if any?  Also, to return to the thread after posting, go to the Profile tab, and click on Look and Layout.  Check the "Return to topics after posting by default" box.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2017, 01:18:53 am »

Who the heck is Tea?

Pozzai:Do you have previous Mafia experience?  Oh dang it ninja'd.

Tea:Who are you?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0: Timer Dings. Locking Thread. Sending Roles (100%)
« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2017, 01:18:59 am »

Pozzai: Welcome to Bay 12.  Can you summarize your prior Mafia/Werewolf experience, if any?  Also, to return to the thread after posting, go to the Profile tab, and click on Look and Layout.  Check the "Return to topics after posting by default" box.

I've played mafia on video since... April? 2015, and forum mafia from July 2015. I've played probably at a rate of a game pr month in terms of forum and a very high amount of video.

I mainly played on Fantasystrike and DLP early on, and since that mainly PersonalityCafe since with the tag Pozzai, I have also explored a few other forums under a different nickname that I use when I don't want to be bothered by people I know/that knows me, which I wont reveal, but it has never made an appearence on this forum before.

Also, thx, kinda missed that box when doing ppp changes and stuff !

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2017, 01:19:34 am »

Who the heck is Tea?

Pozzai:Do you have previous Mafia experience?  Oh dang it ninja'd.

Tea is bae(which means poop in my native language!)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2017, 01:20:38 am »

Tea:Do you have previous Mafia experience?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2017, 01:25:02 am »

Jack A T: What I make of it is that this game is going to be a headache that makes me long for GBU 2.  Now, I'm going to answer doll's question in addition to mine, because I actually have something to say on the issue.  See, your claim is nifty and all, but theme claims incredibly WIFOMy in nature because there's no guarantee what they were applied to, if anything at all.  At best, your claim is a curiosity that may prove relevant down the line, at worst, it's an attempt to throw people off from the start of the game and keep them looking out for elements of an idea that may not even exist.  So, I ask you: why did you claim your theme, and why now?

TBF: Before your time, kid, before your time.  Remember that you're a Gen 4 player, there's a lot of old players you don't know.  Now, why have all your posts been about people's previous mafia experience?

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2017, 01:30:09 am »

TBF: Before your time, kid, before your time.  Remember that you're a Gen 4 player, there's a lot of old players you don't know.  Now, why have all your posts been about people's previous mafia experience?

Oh you know her? I might have to lean a bit on you later then ! :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2017, 01:31:45 am »

Because Pozzai is new and I didn't recognize this other dude?

Most everyone else I've seen before, though, if not played with.

Also, 'all my posts' == 2 posts, which really is more like one actual post given my posting habits.

...Pozzai:Why?  What about knowing Tea makes 4mask more suspicious or pressurable?
Sigtext

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2017, 01:33:19 am »

...Pozzai:Why?  What about knowing Tea makes 4mask more suspicious or pressurable?

That's not quite what I tried to convey, it was more a "oh my day1 read on her is shit so I might have to lean on you for guidance" :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2017, 01:37:05 am »

... @Pozzai: Then your word choice was poor.  Why would 4mask be of any more help, anyway?
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2017, 01:39:18 am »

Jack: not much. I still have to practice regulating myself somehow, but wont be doing it through RP on ev....

>.>
maybe I should RP every post again.

hmmm....

I'll get back to you on that, eventually, possibly through flavortext.

Tea: OOOhhhhh lookit! a bandwagon! lemmie on lemmie on!

Doll: You are town with a unlimited-use flavor-inspect and a 1-shot role inspect, when do you use the role-inspect? when do you claim? how would this change if the use numbers were reversed?

OSG: you are town with a 1-shot daykill and no forms of inspection. when do you use it?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2017, 01:41:21 am »

... @Pozzai: Then your word choice was poor.  Why would 4mask be of any more help, anyway?

Maybe, sometimes stuff gets lost in translation.

If town!4mask, able to add a second pov on the only person in the game I have any knowledge of.

If scum!4mask, might be informative if their arguments feels reachy or contrived.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2017, 01:42:44 am »

TheBiggerFish: Not answering responding to my question (loosely defined)?

Pozzai: Thanks.  Don't need to know any nicknames, but knowing a little about your prior experience should help me read you in the long run.

4maskwolf: Interesting that you're so uneasy about my claiming my theme at all.  Answering (not-quite-prompted) doll's question to get your thoughts out, even: you felt this was relatively important to say.  As for why I claimed it...as I said, because.

In terms of benefits/harms, how does claiming my theme compare to most RVS behaviour?

Lenglon: Just keep the quote slivers under control.  Those are a bit hard on my eyes.
I think this wagon needs more people.  Don't you agree?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2017, 01:44:57 am »

Jack: Why was there no question in your question?

Lenglon: Why do you consider RP in Mafia a benefit?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 95