Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 20856 times)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

((@FakerFangirl: Didn't you see the part where the book said that using the key phrase takes you to the orb? There is no question where you will end up. Also you can use the orb, it's the thought that counts. Speaking is just easier for most folks.))
((I forgot.))

Ripple decides to spend is time studying the different sources of magical attacks and how to mitigate the damage taken. I'll need help borrowing a book since I don't want to scare the librarians with my body.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

((Those courses of study will not give you more defense against magic, but they will give you a bonus to spotting information about a mage and his attacks. Are you sure this is what you want? Remember, library study only gives bonuses to future knowledge rolls.

Also, what do you want to do about the orb? Take the mission, or scrape together enough gold?))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile

Goes back to the library and look's for anything that might resemble books about improving his thieving skills
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sleepy time.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

((You may get a bonus to spotting possible loot hiding places with that course of study. Is this what you want?

Also, what do you want to do with the orb?))

((@ATHATH: What do you want to do with the orb?))
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

((Just so I'm clear: Nothing is happening until you guys decide what to do about the orb.

You have three choices:

1) Do the mission.
2) Pay the gold.
3) Try to find someone else to fix it (good luck).

After you decide what to do you can study at the library. Library study will give a Max of two knowledge bonuses. These bonuses will take the form of +1 bonuses to knowledge rolls for a given subject. For example studying swords will not make you fight better, but it will make it easier to identify a rare sword.

@ATHATH: You already have your study finished, but if you want I will allow you to redo one of your existing rolls on a different subject. Beware! A redo roll may fail, resulting in you losing a subject for no gain!

@flabort: You already tried one subject, and failed. You have one more try remaining. AFTER you decide what you want to do with the orb!))

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You may get a bonus to spotting possible loot hiding places with that course of study. Is this what you want?

((@ATHATH: What do you want to do with the orb?))
((yeah sure i can go with that))
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

(( I'm all for do the mission. Anyone else have an opinion :P ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

@flabort: You already tried one subject, and failed. You have one more try remaining. AFTER you decide what you want to do with the orb!))
((Ortflab's vote is on doing the mission. A chance to venture out and gain more loot.))

Study combat formations for small groups with spellcasters. If books like that cannot be found, more general combat formations could be useful.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

One more "go mission" confirmation, and I'll start rolling library visits.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

go mission

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

((Ok:

PaPaj, you succeed, one more topic to go
Ripple succeed in both topics
ATHATH, you already have your topics (unless you want to change them)
flabort, you failed again. Bummer.
Skia needs two topics still.))

The mission is simple, enter the ruin with professor Elron and kill everything that moves, then loot the bodies. The professor will handle any mages, and any loot found (except a few books the professor wants) is yours to keep.

Expect ambushes and traps.

((The mission will start as soon as I get the last library topics. Also Skia gets to decide what the key phrase for the newly repaired orb is. Please, nothing too crazy...))

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks for a book about stealing

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

((Do you want traps, or were you thinking of pickpocketing? You really need to say what you want, "stealing" is kinda broad.))
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34