Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 20872 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements! RPG (Dog killers, but in a good way.)
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2017, 08:58:11 am »

@Skia: The clearing is FULL of an amazing number of body parts from dead crystal golems, they​ all appear similar, but you are too busy hunting through the bushes to take a closer look at them. A short distance outside the clearing you find a sheltered spot that the hounds seem to have been using as a den. (1) you can't tell how many were using it, maybe you should ask for help.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2017, 11:53:23 am »

Skia returns to the clearing
"There'sss a den nearby. Be on your guard. She gives Ortflab a scathing glance.

She goes to examine the golem parts while the others tend to flabort

((So, what do people reckon we do regards the den?))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2017, 12:02:22 pm »

((note that the den isn't very deep, you just couldn't tell how many hounds lived there because you rolled really poorly. There may or may not be more hounds that simply weren't home. Someone else should probably take a look to see if they can tell how many hounds used the den))

@Skia: There isn't much of interest to you in the clearing, just lots and lots of dead crystal body parts and a single backpack. Since the backpack is the only thing here your companions would probably like to open it as a group... Oh, and there are dead hounds if you want try try your hand at skinning. The hide is a little mangy, but they may taste good (don't know till you try).

((EDIT: About loot: How should it be split up? Gold and such is easy, just divide, but what about specific items? I'm thinking that I should just post a list of the contents and everyone can say what they want. Contested items would then be rolled for. Does this sound reasonable?))
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:44:18 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2017, 01:54:57 pm »

Ripple uses a healing potion on flabort. I guess we know what killed the dead golem.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2017, 02:01:29 pm »

"Perhapss, but there'ss more than one golem heere. I couldn't tell how many houndss were from the den, so there may be more loosse. Warrantss another sset of eyes."

Skia chuckles slightly, a crackling sound, noting the general lack of eyes amongst the group.

Skia examines the parts for signs of injury that might've been caused by hounds - claw marks in the crystal and the like.

((Sounds like the best system for loot.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2017, 02:13:50 pm »

((Ripple, I updated your inventory. flabort, you have 1 HP. It will take you 4 days to heal, but Blasted Rock is 1 day away. You can probably buy healing there if you are disinclined to wait.))

@Skia: Crystal is pretty tough, as far as you can tell the hounds mostly ripped it apart at the joints. It seems Ben (you assume this is what is left of the various iterations of Ben anyway) was a spider-like creature, but with only 4 legs arranged around a central torso.

(4) The mages at Blasted Rock may find this location mildly interesting, but it is unlikely they (or anyone else) would pay much for it. Crystal isn't really valuable untill​ it has been worked into something, and this stuff has already been "used", so it is worth less than common mined stuff.

((@flabort: You can attach this crystal if you want, but it probably isn't worth it.))

((EDIT: I created a Discord chat for this game. This is the first time I have used Discord, so I may have goofed it up. Feel free to try it and see :P))
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 05:10:55 pm by milo christiansen »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements! - Simple, Flexible, RPG (Caution? What's that?)
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2017, 07:44:23 pm »

flabort bleeds all over, making a mess.
((How?))

(4) The mages at Blasted Rock may find this location mildly interesting, but it is unlikely they (or anyone else) would pay much for it. Crystal isn't really valuable untill​ it has been worked into something, and this stuff has already been "used", so it is worth less than common mined stuff.

((@flabort: You can attach this crystal if you want, but it probably isn't worth it.))
Take some crystal regardless. Either I can work some into a natural armor later, or into a longer limb, but for now Just put it in my bag. However, do try to take some claws off of the dead hounds and graft them to my fingers, using one or more energy crystals if need be.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 07:50:02 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2017, 07:45:54 pm »

((Ok, that was a poor choice of flavor text...))

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2017, 07:50:24 pm »

((Ok, that was a poor choice of flavor text...))
((I'll just assume it was Marrow))
The Cyan Menace

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2017, 08:17:47 pm »

@flabort: You dig through the crystal, picking out any pieces that look interesting and placing them in your backpack. Once you think you have enough it is simple enough to gather claws from the dead hounds.

(6, 3) Attaching claws to your finger tips and knuckles goes smoothly. You lose your -1 penalty from your basic attack and gain 1 die, but Flexible Body adds a -1, so really you only gain the dice bonus (which is well worth it).

You now have 7/9 energy HP (it would have cost more, but you rolled well). You will be plenty rested by the time you finish healing...

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2017, 09:01:11 pm »

((No one has objected to my loot plan, so I'll go ahead and do it:))

Skia has recovered what appears to be the first iteration of Ben's backpack. This pack contains the following items:

A glowing orb about 4 inches across.
75gp
1 medium energy crystal with 2/15 charge remaining​ (worth roughly 10gp)
1 coil of rope
1 basic scroll of drain
2 basic scrolls of fireball (Advanced Task, Range 6 fire attack +1 damage) (worth 5gp)

What do you want?

Note that the orb is probably really valuable, so it would be a good idea to find out what it is before doing anything with it. After all there isn't anything else in this pack worth dieing over...

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Plane of Elements! - Simple, Flexible, RPG (Caution? What's that?)
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2017, 09:06:36 pm »

@flabort I can give you a health potion for 4gp.

I'll probably ruin the scrolls and I can't speak, so they're useless to me. I would like the orb or some gold pieces though.

Action: Try to identify the orb.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2017, 09:10:20 pm »

((The orb is a party item. One person will carry it, but it won't actually be theirs if you know what I mean?))

(2) Examining the orb reveals nothing.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements! RPG (How shiny... I wonder what it is?)
« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2017, 09:19:35 pm »

Yeah, I'll not be taking any GP. I don't deserve it after that. However, I will take the drain scroll and a fireball scroll.
The Cyan Menace

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements! RPG (How shiny... I wonder what it is?)
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2017, 10:52:27 pm »

"@ATHATH: You will lose H3 at the end of battle unless you succeed in a second command attempt. If you fail everyone should be ready to dogpile the thing. Alternatively you can order it to allow you to kill it if you don't want to risk failing your command roll. Note: you don't have to worry about this one way or a other until H2 is dead, so long as the issue is resolved before you travel or rest all will be well."
@Bolded Part: What? The spell simply makes me the dog's leader for a time- why would it kill itself on the order of its alpha?

Command the dog to hunt for itself/the "pack" (a.k.a. our adventuring party).

Inspect the golem parts- any interesting ones?

Inspect the orb. If it used to be part of an elemental, assimilate it. If I can't, begin assimilating a third (crystal) arm.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34