Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 20863 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements! RPG (How shiny... I wonder what it is?)
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2017, 11:08:08 pm »

((The hound will go hostile again shortly unless you cement your hold. Like I said, you can kill it fairly easily while it's still friendly (the way I worded the earlier post was probably a little unclear, you would be attacking it while it was unsuspecting, not ordering it to commit suicide.) I am willing to let you try to keep it, but decide quickly or it may decide to eat someone...

Gaining a third arm won't be useful to you unless the arm is modified for a specific task. You can do so anyway of course, but it will be strictly flavor. (Otherwise Flexible Body would be way OP)

Are you sure you want a new arm?))

There are various arm, leg, and torso pieces scattered around, but nothing terribly interesting.

The orb is not part of a creature.

Your hound starts sniffing speculatively at flabort, mostly ignoring your orders. (If it was to leave to hunt it would quickly revert, then come after the party again.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:14:17 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2017, 01:09:18 am »

Try and avoid the hound. If it gets too close, show it the claws I acquired, otherwise, hover away from it's reach.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2017, 01:17:39 am »

Execute the hound.

Replace my arms with the crystal arms.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2017, 04:14:42 am »

You walk up to the hound, then while it is not paying attention you give it a swift, carefully placed blow to the head killing it cleanly.

You begin assimilating a pair of crystal arms. They seem about the same as your old arms, but it's always nice to switch things up for a bit. You will be rather lethargic for a day or so, unless you want to explicitly spend energy to speed things up (probably not necessary unless you get into combat).

((Speaking of combat, you guys do remember that den right? There may have been more than 4 hounds, so you should check the den to see if you can figure out their numbers or get moving before any hypothetical stragglers get home...

Remember to say what loot you want!

Looking over the fight, I think Skia or PaPaj should carry the orb for now. flabort and Ripple rushed right in without trying to take stock of the situation, ATHATH had a little friendly fire issue (admittedly I would have made the same mistake), and PaPaj wasn't​ given a chance to screw up (because of a majority skip). This leaves Skia. Since being the orb's carrier will provide only a minor (non-tangible) bonus, I think this is a good enough solution for now.

@Skia: You carry the orb, but remember it's not really yours so don't try to sell it or whatever.
@Everyone: You should probably try to figure out what the orb is. Maybe the mages will know?))
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2017, 05:07:00 am »

Looks into the orb
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2017, 05:18:23 am »

(5) You manage to see into the orb to it's glowing heart. You see... Gears? Some oddly cut crystals? Something that could be gold wires? Clearly this is an example of western magitech. Sadly you are no closer to knowing what it does.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2017, 05:21:26 am »

"wel...this is interesting"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2017, 05:51:27 am »

Suggest (somehow, with no mouth) that we either leave soon, or scout out the den. Of course be sure to emphasize possible loot in the den.
The Cyan Menace

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2017, 05:57:09 am »

((Why don't you look at it yourself? It's only a few feet outside the clearing? ... You know what, I'll assume that's what you want to do.))

(2) The den looks to be a sheltered spot under a small overhang, but being no scout you have no better luck at divining the hound's numbers. "Loot" consists of some well chewed bones.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2017, 06:23:13 am »

Yeah, doesn't seem to be a place that I can easily fly into and scout from out of range.
Definitely indicate to Skia (sjm9876) that there are for sure more hounds in the den, and encourage them to get closer
The Cyan Menace

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2017, 06:32:49 am »

((By "hound's numbers" I meant "how many were denned there". Currently no one is home. I really need to get better at writing descriptions, that one in particular was very ambiguous.

Ok, so Skia and flabort have tried to figure out if the hounds are all gone or if some are out hunting, both failed. Does anyone else want to try, or do you want to get moving?

Loot:
flabort wants one of each scroll
Ripple wants some gold
Skia gets to carry the orb (but this isn't really a loot pick)
))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2017, 07:37:17 am »

I'd like to claim some gold, the energy crystal, and a fireball scroll, in that order of preference. Obviously depends what others want.

((I vote we collectively examine the den before moving on.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2017, 11:27:54 am »

I disagree. The den looks dangerous, and we nearly lost someone to the hounds. There may be even more waiting inside. If you want to fight we can ambush one as it enters or leaves. They will come if we wait or make noise.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2017, 11:32:12 am »

"I have idea so stupid, that it might, just, work"
Tries to sprout vines into the ground and walk onto the celling of the den

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2017, 12:00:45 pm »

((For at least the fourth time: The den is a small sheltered overhang. There is no one home. Rolls were to determine if there were more than 4 hounds living there (so you would know if you needed to worry about more ambushes). I know I have explicitly stated this at least once before.))

With the party focusing on the den, it isn't hard to determine that only the four hounds lived there.

((There. Enough about the den.))

Now, do you want to camp here for a day or two, or do you want to press on? If you camp you can probably roast some hound for food, and the former den would be a good place to shelter. On the other hand Blasted Rock is only a day away.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34