Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34

Author Topic: Plane of Elements RPG (Time for the next adventure!) Room for another player!  (Read 20867 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements! - Simple, Flexible, RPG (And we're off!)
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2017, 07:37:44 am »

Skia closes on Hound 2, using Nightmare to attempt to disable it

((If you guys can finish 1 and I can buy some time against 2 we should have a slightly better chance of survival next round :P

also @milo: how does movement range compare to feet, regards shadow blink?))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements! - Simple, Flexible, RPG (And we're off!)
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2017, 08:35:49 am »

((About 10 feet per increment. Honestly I hadn't considered it much before this, but that seems like a reasonable number. It makes ranged weapons seem kinda wimpy compared to RL performance, so I may buff bow range a little.))

((EDIT: While we are waiting for FakerFangirl I would like to talk about two house rules I used in the prelude to this battle: group efforts and majority skips. Both of these rules are intended to keep things moving. Group efforts are used when the group is doing something together but I feel the need to roll for results. For example you found the trail as a group effort, but a minor failure resulted in me not giving you a chance to decide to follow it or not. Then I rolled a group stealth effort to see if you would be ambushed as soon as you reached the clearing (as things turned out maybe it would have been better for you to fail that one :p). Majority skips happen when the majority is ready for something, but one or two player aren't. This is a kinda mean thing to do (poor PaPaj being more-or-less left out of the first round of combat for example). For this reason I am writing down who I do this to so I can ensure it doesn't happen to a particular player too often. Also I will never majority skip during combat.

Everyone's inventory has been updated to reflect food eaten on the trip. I can tell already this food thing is going to be a pain in the a**. I may drop it later...))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 09:51:49 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements! - Simple, Flexible, RPG (Caution? What's that?)
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2017, 04:37:11 pm »

((Ok, I've changed my mind about combat majority skips. New rule is that all but one person needs to be ready, and at least 12 hours have passed since the end of the last round. At 8:00 Eastern (~20 hours since last round) I'll post the next round's results. Unless FakerFangirl shows up before then, in that case we will continue immediately.

I really don't want this game to bog down.))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 05:01:44 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2017, 06:32:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Action: Ripple uses a health potion on itself.

((I believe one stack of strangle is active on Hound 1.)
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2017, 06:57:28 pm »

All right, everyone's here, let's go!

Ripple quickly sucks down a health potion, +2 health. Hound 1 strangles, and has trouble catching its breath.
ATHATH attacks Hound 4, 1 die (6) A solid hit, the hound looks decidedly less healthy!
flabort moans dramatically.
PaPaj leaps onto Hound 4's back with his dagger, 4 dice +1 damage (6, 5, 5, 4) he manages to completely sever the hounds head, landing beside the collapsing body in a dramatic spray of blood.
Skia stealthily casts Nightmare on Hound 2, 1 die (3) the hound jerks back from Ripple in terror, but a second later seems to shake the effect off and look around.

Hound 1 lunges at Ripple once again, doing minor damage (-1HP).
Hound 2 is still shaken by it sudden panic, but it is less focused on Ripple. Looking around it spots PaPaj (rolled to pick between him and ATHATH). Imediatly it leaps to attack, but its lunge misses as it is still recovering from the panic.
Hound 3 tries to take a chunk out of Ripple, and gets a mouth full of water for its efforts. (-2 HP)
Hound 4 begins to cool.

Ripple 4/9
ATHATH unhurt
flabort in considerable pain
PaPaj unhurt
Skia unhurt (and still in concealment)

Everyone is either in melee range or can get there in one move.

Hound 1 moderately injured and short of breath
Hound 4 dead
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 07:01:13 pm by milo christiansen »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2017, 02:04:06 am »

Cast Command on Hound 3.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2017, 03:45:19 am »

Tries to snap Hound 1's neck using vine whip
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2017, 04:35:02 am »

Ripple attacks Hound 1. I don't care as it's overkill so long as it's dead.
Strangle isn't a very comfortable skill to use.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2017, 06:21:00 am »

Skia uses her chilling touch on Hound 2 trying to keep it busy until the others can help.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2017, 07:42:44 am »

Ripple pounds Hound 1's skull with a surge of water. 2d6 (6, 3) The hound's head is hard, but not that hard.
ATHATH reaches I to Hound 3's mind with a delicate probe of Order. 1d6 (5) It's a tricky task, but he manages to gain control of the creature. Hound 3 will now attack your enemies!
flabort bleeds all over, making a mess.
PaPaj, seeing his original target fall, turns on Hound 2 instead. 2d6 (3, 2) The hound deftly evades his grab.
Skia slides up on Hound 2 and​ attacks. 2d6 -1 damage (5, 2) The hound jerks in pain, but doesn't seem to be too inconvenienced.

Hound 3 turns on Hound 2. 3d6 -1 damage (2, 2, 2) Unfortunately is seems a little confused yet, and misses.

Hound 2 retaliates against Skia, dealing significant damage (-3 HP) I don't think he liked the taste though.

Current Stats:
Ripple 4/9
ATHATH unhurt
flabort in considerable pain
PaPaj unhurt
Skia 2/5

Everyone is either in melee range or can get there in one move.

Hound 1 dead
Hound 2 lightly injured
Hound 3 commanded by ATHATH
Hound 4 dead

@ATHATH: You will lose H3 at the end of battle unless you succeed in a second command attempt. If you fail everyone should be ready to dogpile the thing. Alternatively you can order it to allow you to kill it if you don't want to risk failing your command roll. Note: you don't have to worry about this one way or a other until H2 is dead, so long as the issue is resolved before you travel or rest all will be well.

@Everyone: flabort is in a similar situation, so long as you take care of him before moving on all will be well. In other news you are about a day from Blasted Rock.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 07:51:36 am by milo christiansen »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2017, 07:50:00 am »

Stabs Hound 2 in the heart
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2017, 08:05:22 am »

((How about I just assume everyone follows PaPaj's direction? Then we can go straight to the after battle.))

PaPaj stabs Hound 2 in the chest, narrowly missing the heart. 3d6 +1 damage (5, 4, 3) The hound seems to be in serious trouble.

((Rolling dice to pick next attacker. Skia gets it.))

Skia jabs Hound 2 in the side. 2d6 -1 damage (5, 3) The hound falls over dead.

Congratulations! ATHATH needs to decide what to do about his new "pet", and someone needs to stabilize flabort.

Current Stats:
Ripple self healed (post combat free action)
ATHATH is at full health, but has 5/9 energy
flabort needs healing, at least 2 points worth
PaPaj is in fine shape
Skia's health is at 2/5
Hound 3 is in good health, but is getting restless

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plane of Elements! RPG (Dog killers, but in a good way.)
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2017, 08:15:27 am »

"Well...this could have went better i guess"

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2017, 08:48:09 am »

((@ATHATH: Forgot to mention, even if you succeed in permanently commanding your hound he won't turn into a loveable fluffy pet. He will be a vicious nasty tempered beast answerable only to you. It may be possible to tame him more over time.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2017, 08:51:55 am »

Skia shakes her head at Ortflab.

"Next time you act ssso ssstupid, I at leasst leave you to die."

She turns her back on the hand.

"Sstay here until I've scouted the area, this time. If you want to be useful, try and figure out who thosse hounds were acting for."

Skia tops up her health from her energy, and scouts around the clearing to make sure no more undue attention was attracted.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34