Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken  (Read 28410 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) Dragon Is Dead!
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2017, 01:13:27 pm »

Working on an update, but this one is taking a while. I think you'll all like the monster though.  ;D

Sea Serpent? :)
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2017, 01:33:02 pm »

Berserker with only melee attacks?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2017, 01:33:24 pm »

Psychic teleporting chupacabras?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 03, 2017, 01:36:14 pm »

No.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2017, 01:48:55 pm »

Huzzah for inside jokes!
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2017, 02:27:47 pm »

Huzzah for inside jokes!
Indeed!

You know, had the dwarf been around long enough, I would have insulted his mother and called him a MILKDRINKER. :)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken??
« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2017, 03:08:23 pm »

Turn 16

There was much rejoicing in the Fearless Society as the victors celebrated their success. But there was also some sadness at the loss of some of the brave companions that didn't make it back. They all died in the line of duty, (except the Dwarf, fuck that guy) and faced their deaths with courage. A moment of silence was called to remember the dead, and remember their sacrifices to keep the world safe.

Once the remembrance was over, the victors browsed the shop and services available to prepare for the next mission. Abdul and Saraket went to the stablemaster, both wanting the pony, but after some polite discussion, Saraket agreed to let Abdul take it. Saraket went on to the blacksmith, traded his dragonscales for some currency, then went to the Sargent. He learned better breathing techniques to make his shots more accurate and precise. As Abdul led the pony away, it was clear to everybody that Abdul adored him. He named him "Bubbles" which the horse took an immediate liking to. Abdul went to the shop to buy two onion rings, and a "create your own deadly prophesy" booklet. He came back, fed Bubbles an onion ring, then stroked and groomed Bubbles with one hand while following the instructions to make his own deadly prophecy.

Headchopper Went up to the sargent, handed him a few talons in exchange for the sargent demonstrating the devastating effect whacking someone with the pommel of a sword could be. The sargent then unscrewed a pommel from one of the swords, and gave it to Headchopper to use. The lobster was fascinated, repeatedly banging the floor with the metal ball. Headchopper then went to the shop, and gave the rest of his talons to the shopkeep in exchange for some mussels and onion rings.

Young Johnny was starting to look sickly, his skin was slightly greenish, and drooping. But he still managed to make it to the shopkeep and ask for a coffin and a hat. The Shopkeep was too busy to notice his strange complexion. The shopkeep groaned as he handed a coffin to Johnny, then handed him a hat. Johnny groaned, while tipping his hat to show thanks. He then crawled into the coffin, and closed himself in.

The hooded figure... some claim his name was "Marco" watched everything with his one eye, taking in every detail. He was most intrigued with Abdul's prophecy book. Under his eyepatch, a red glow was visible while he stared at the back of Abdul's booklet. He then got up, and persuaded the Sand man to give him some currency to buy his own prophecy book. He was then seen in the corner, working on his own prophecy...

Once the shopping spree was over, Abdul and Marco were working on prophecies, Johnny was living inside his own coffin, Headchopper was banging the floor with his pommel, and Saraket was practicing breathing. (Bruce, Daisypants, and Jhoferi just kind of stood around) At this exact moment, the introduction agent was heard behind a wooden door, talking with another person. Marco did something with his staff, and their conversation was amplified in the room, so everybody could hear. Everything grew quiet as they listened at what they had to say.

"How could this have happened? This won't be good for business. We promised King Rodkirk of Alba his cargo would have safe passage."

"What has gone wrong? I made sure Finrald Mining Company wouldn't be shipping this week due to the destruction of their mine. And there is no way anybody would risk sending trading ships with Tristom village. I personally saw to it that news of our Dragon's attack was big news everywhere."

"It is not that. It was something beyond our control... The beast of the deep was sighted on the surface, moving in their direction."

"No!... But it hasn't been seen in a millennia! Why would it awake now? Nobody outside of Alba but us knows they are coming. And nobody controls the beast. We have tried in the past. It is impossible! This must be an act of the gods."

"I have pushed the boundaries of the planes far beyond what even you can imagine. I am beyond gods. This is simply bad luck. And you, Sitchar, are going to deal with it."

"But... Me? I... Can I take some of the weaklings along?"

"Of course you can. They are worthless. Now get going."

Footsteps are heard both retreating and advancing. Marco releases his spell, and the room is filled with nervous chatter. Then, the introduction agent (whom you now know is named Sitchar) walked in, looking extremely nervous. In a shaky voice, he stated:

"Umm... Great news! You're all hired. Umm... That means that you get to fight real monsters... With me this time. Now, I am much better than all of you, so just distract the Kraken while I shoot it. Okay?"

There is a stunned silence in the room. A Kraken? They were only legends, not even myths. Before anybody could respond, a blue portal opened, and Sitcher muttered something under his breath. Suddenly, an invisible wall was pushing everybody through the portal. Sitcher was a mage. And he knew a thing or two about it.

You all stumbled onto the deck of a massive cargo ship. The decks were busy with scurrying sailors tying rope and wooden bridges between all the ships, and mustering the pitifully small amount of defenders. When Sitcher came through, a gruff, bearded man got up in his face and started yelling.

"We hired you to keep the waters clear so our Warships wouldn't be needed. Now you say that you forgot about the biggest thing in the ocean. You damn fool." The captain slapped Sitcher in the head. Sitcher said a single word, and the captain was tossed back several feet, sliding along the ground. Sitcher then spoke. "That is why we are here. My... Colleagues and I will get rid of your little Kraken problem, and you will not speak a word about this." Suddenly, the deck of the ship started warping, the wood grew around the Captain's wrists and Feet, holding him in place. Sitcher walked up slowly, then asked in a polite voice, "Do we understand each other? Hmm?" The Captain paused as the wood stretched him painfully. "Yes. Not a word... I understand." The wood released him, and he ran among the ships to talk with his men.

Sitcher then begain speaking to you all. "The Kraken will target individual ships. They are all tied together with bridges so if one ship is going down, you better run like hell to another one. They will cut down the bridges if a ship is sinking, so don't miss your chance. If you find yourself in the water, you better swim faster than Nessie to another ship, or you're as good as dead. Keep it distracted, attack its tentacles when you have a chance, and shoot it's eye if you fell you're a good enough shot. Spread out, don't all stay on the same ship. And don't die."

Everybody ran to different ships and prepared for the worst. The Kraken wasn't quite here yet, so there was some time to prepare.

Attacks

adventurers:

none

Kraken

2 turns until arrival

Kraken

Status

Arrives in 2 turns

Currently Submerged

Attacking no ships

Head HP: 3000/3000
Eye HP: 200/200
Tentacle 1 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 2 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 3 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 4 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 5 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 6 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 7 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 8 HP: 300/300
Arm 1 HP: 200/200
Arm 2 HP: 200/200

Attacking the eye always carries a -1 modifier (cause it's a small target)
After Eye is destroyed, all attacks by the Kraken have a -1 modifier
After Eye is destroyed, subsequent damage to the eye will instead deal double damage to the Head
While Submerged, it is immune to all attacks except magic attacks.
While emerged, all body parts can be targeted by all ranged attacks, but adjacent attacks can be landed on all body parts except the eye only if the Kraken is attacking the same ship as the attacker is on. (If it is attacking the ship you are on, you are at adjacent range)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Possible Status effecs:
Immobalized: You cannot do any NCA, and your CA can only target the body part that is immobalizing you with an adjacent attack, while having a -1 modifier
In the Ocean: Your CA has a -2 modifier, and you must succeed in a NCA to swim back to a ship quickly.

Ships

The HP of all the ships are seen here. The ships are connected via bridges in a circle (1 is connected to 12 and 2, 5 is connected to 4 and 6, etc.) If a ship is destroyed, the connections will be lost, so don't get trapped.

Ship 1: 100/100
Ship 2: 100/100
Ship 3: 100/100
Ship 4: 100/100
Ship 5: 100/100
Ship 6: 100/100
Ship 7: 100/100
Ship 8: 100/100
Ship 9: 100/100
Ship 11: 100/100
Ship 12: 100/100

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi, Headchopper, Daisypants, Marco Ruyn, Bruce the Hero, Sitcher

Dead: Sally, werther, ewler, burklaif, Legsnapper, neckslicer, Faker
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

The Kraken will follow a new preference for targets.

1: targets Immobalized
2: targets in the ocean
3: ships with the most people on it
4: people who did the most damage.

Manage your locations well. At the start, you get one free "teleport" to whatever ship you want, afterwards, NCA's can move you at maximum one ship over per turn. Of couse, you can continue to do creative actions to get a bonus (eg. Climb the mast for a better shot, etc.)

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken
« Reply #203 on: June 03, 2017, 03:29:15 pm »

Well this just got extra interesting.

You're gonna have to start giving out bonus XP, methinks, or we are never going to see those higher levels.

With much rude and savage sign-gesturing and angry looking at Sitchar, the haughty elf runs out to reach the battle.

NCA: The elf goes to ship 9, and climbs up the bowsprit for a better shot, without needing extra time to get off a potentially sinking ship.
CA: Does pointlessly making rude gestures at the approaching monster do anything? Like, does the kraken get bonus killing-things-points? Perhaps a +3 bonus to attacking me?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 03:52:09 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2017, 03:32:55 pm »

That would be a non-combat action, but if you really want to, I suppose that could work on certain monsters. I don't think a leader will care though.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 03, 2017, 03:45:46 pm »

I was closest, Yeah!

"I expected some sort of Sea Monster, a Kraken will do nicely. My fellow mage, let us use our powers to transform the battle field to our advantage. I suggest we all spread out, Saraket on 1, Abdul and Bruce on 3, Jhoferi on 5, Myself and Head Chopper on 7, Daisypants on 9, and finally, Young Johnny and Sitcher on 11. Rangers each have a post and mages have a warrior to protect them."

NCA: Move between ships throwing ice magic bolts into the water to create mini icebergs.(If I can't do this as a NCA, then do it as a CA.) When finished, go to ship 7, then read out a prophecy.

Madman198237 I wish for you to move, pretend Marco asked your character to move in elfin and pretended to be an elf if you need a story reason to do so. Thanks

Tactics changed, look at revised version below
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 05:08:29 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 03, 2017, 04:06:13 pm »

Zombie Young Johnny
Go to boat 11
"Just my luck, first zombificacion and now my body will probably be lost forever in place of going to my coffin."
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2017, 04:22:14 pm »

Aye, start at ship 1. Although, since the beast targets whoever has the most people on board, wouldn't it make sense to have the warriors together and everyone else spread out? Otherwise, the warriors wouldn't be able to attack.

Anyway, take a deep breath.

Sitcher, there's gonna be a problem when we get back.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2017, 04:28:42 pm »

Headchopper

Water good.

NCA:Go to Boat 11.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2017, 04:34:34 pm »

Aye, start at ship 1. Although, since the beast targets whoever has the most people on board, wouldn't it make sense to have the warriors together and everyone else spread out? Otherwise, the warriors wouldn't be able to attack.

Anyway, take a deep breath.

Sitcher, there's gonna be a problem when we get back.
All warriors on boat 11, rangers, keep your posts, Abdul and I will stay at our locations as well once I finish with the ice (I hope Abdul joins in), and Sitcher can (*Thinking* go to hell and stay there) go wherever he likes.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 04:51:56 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29