Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken  (Read 28424 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2017, 04:40:00 pm »

Aye, start at ship 1. Although, since the beast targets whoever has the most people on board, wouldn't it make sense to have the warriors together and everyone else spread out? Otherwise, the warriors wouldn't be able to attack.

Anyway, take a deep breath.

Sitcher, there's gonna be a problem when we get back.

Fine switch mages and rangers, sorry for the inconvenience, Daisy switch with me, Sakaret switch with Sitcher, and Abdul switch with Jhoferi.

Warriors can;t all be together because we don't want all the tanks killed at once, besides, it will still attack one of the warriors ships. Mages can't be on the populated ships because of our low health, with one attack, the Kraken could get me down to 30 hp.
NO! Have the warriors all on one ship! They can't attack the thing if it's not attacking their ship!
Have everyone else spread out! I'm not going to be on the same ship at Sitcher! The only people who should be on a ship with someone else are the warriors!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2017, 04:50:19 pm »

Aye, start at ship 1. Although, since the beast targets whoever has the most people on board, wouldn't it make sense to have the warriors together and everyone else spread out? Otherwise, the warriors wouldn't be able to attack.

Anyway, take a deep breath.

Sitcher, there's gonna be a problem when we get back.

Fine switch mages and rangers, sorry for the inconvenience, Daisy switch with me, Sakaret switch with Sitcher, and Abdul switch with Jhoferi.

Warriors can;t all be together because we don't want all the tanks killed at once, besides, it will still attack one of the warriors ships. Mages can't be on the populated ships because of our low health, with one attack, the Kraken could get me down to 30 hp.
NO! Have the warriors all on one ship! They can't attack the thing if it's not attacking their ship!
Have everyone else spread out! I'm not going to be on the same ship at Sitcher! The only people who should be on a ship with someone else are the warriors!

You saw the rough draft, look at the edited version. Also, Sitcher should hang out on boat 11. (No tactical reason, just so he is a target).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 04:52:59 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2017, 05:24:48 pm »

Edit made.
I honestly don't care.

If you've got a plan (Preferably one that uses the elf as live bait uses Daisypants where he can help the most) everything's fine by me. I don't need an RP explanation. IT'S ELVEN TELEPATHY!

Well then. Typed this up and forgot about it XD
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 03, 2017, 05:29:48 pm »

If you've got a plan (Preferably one that uses Sitcher as live bait) everything's fine by me.
FTFY

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2017, 05:46:11 pm »

NEVERMIND THIS IS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED TO HAPPEN NEW CHARACTER.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 05:47:44 pm by Failbird105 »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2017, 07:38:34 pm »

Hey, what are the stats for the ships?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2017, 07:39:28 pm »

100 HP each

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2017, 07:42:19 pm »

I....don't think it matters.

Wait, can we intentionally destroy a ship?
I foresee some issues with this, if the ship only have 100 HP. "Oh sorry, you missed horribly and critical'd the ship your best damage dealer was on. He's now sitting on top of the Kraken. With a broken arm."
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2017, 07:47:00 pm »

I....don't think it matters.

Wait, can we intentionally destroy a ship?
I foresee some issues with this, if the ship only have 100 HP. "Oh sorry, you missed horribly and critical'd the ship your best damage dealer was on. He's now sitting on top of the Kraken. With a broken arm."

The real question is can we repair the ships.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2017, 07:49:20 pm »

No. You can't target the ship. Only the kraken can. I just wanted the HP to be an even, managable number.

Just to make sure, grugh is going to be fighting the kraken when it arrives, right? I don't want there to be an unending swarm of malevolent characters if you get me.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2017, 08:00:46 pm »

Just a lot of random enemies start popping up? Random free-for-all?

Because this wasn't chaotic enough already, right?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2017, 08:08:23 pm »

No, failbirds character (which I will forever call grug) seems like he would be malevolent to the party. I'm making sure he is not going to be.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 03, 2017, 08:14:08 pm »

No, failbirds character (which I will forever call grug) seems like he would be malevolent to the party. I'm making sure he is not going to be.

I think he meant it would react with violence by attacking the Kraken, but he's offline, so we can't be completely sure

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2017, 11:43:54 pm »

Turn 17

As the adventurers scrambled among the ships, some spreading out, some clumping together. It seemed that most people decided to follow the advice of the new guy, Marco. They saw him ampliy Sitcher's conversation with the mysterious man, giving him an air of trust that nobody else really had. Marco told Sitcher to go to boat 11, but the magician just forced a fake laugh, before going to boat 4. You could trust him to fight the Kraken with you, but anything beyond that was pushing things. He never cared about your lives, even from the beginning.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: Go to ship 1 (free teleport)
CA: Deep Breathing (6)
You lean against the mast of ship 1, and inhale as much as you can, filling the lower cavities of your chest with air, and slowing your heart rate. Your next shot will be deadly accurate.
success

Daisypants:
NCA: Go to ship 9 (free teleport) and climb onto the bowsprit (2)
You struggle to maneuver through the rigging and supplies stored in the bow of your ship. You don't feel particular to asking some crew member for help either.
CA: none

Marco Ruyn:
NCA: Get to ship 7 (free teleport) Create Iceburgs in the water (5)
You wave your staff towards the water, shooting bolts of ice. The Ice is much colder than ice, and it instantly freezes a large area of the ocean on contact. Out from the water grow spiky iceburgs around your ship. You suspect this will make it difficult for the Kraken to strike
Ship 7 is immune to attack from the Kraken for 3 turns

Zombie Young Johnny:
NCA: Get to ship 11 (free teleport)
With your coffin over your head, your entire body except your legs buried inside the soft interior, you shuffle over 2 ships towards the one where all the melee-oriented people seemed to be going.

HeadChopper:
NCA: Get to ship 11 (free teleport)
Positively giddy to be near the ocean, you scuffle over two ships with the dead guy. You are somewhat fond of him.

Grug:
NCA: ship 11 (free teleport)

Sitcher:
NCA: Get to ship 4 (free teleport)
Sitcher laughed off Marco's attempt to command him, and calmly walked over to ship 4.
CA: Magic Eye (1)
He tries to hone some magic ability that nobody was familiar, but a splash of saltwater struck him as a particularly large wave hit the ship, distracting him.

Kraken

1 turns until arrival

Kraken

Status

Arrives in 1 turn

Currently Submerged

Attacking no ships

Head HP: 3000/3000
Eye HP: 200/200
Tentacle 1 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 2 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 3 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 4 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 5 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 6 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 7 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 8 HP: 300/300
Arm 1 HP: 200/200
Arm 2 HP: 200/200

Attacking the eye always carries a -1 modifier (cause it's a small target)
After Eye is destroyed, all attacks by the Kraken have a -1 modifier
After Eye is destroyed, subsequent damage to the eye will instead deal double damage to the Head
While Submerged, it is immune to all attacks except magic attacks.
While emerged, all body parts can be targeted by all ranged attacks, but adjacent attacks can be landed on all body parts except the eye only if the Kraken is attacking the same ship as the attacker is on. (If it is attacking the ship you are on, you are at adjacent range)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Possible Status effecs:
Immobalized: You cannot do any NCA, and your CA can only target the body part that is immobalizing you with an adjacent attack, while having a -1 modifier
In the Ocean: Your CA has a -2 modifier, and you must succeed in a NCA to swim back to a ship quickly.

Ships

The HP of all the ships are seen here. The ships are connected via bridges in a circle (1 is connected to 12 and 2, 5 is connected to 4 and 6, etc.) If a ship is destroyed, the connections will be lost, so don't get trapped.

Ship 1: 100/100
Ship 2: 100/100
Ship 3: 100/100
Ship 4: 100/100
Ship 5: 100/100
Ship 6: 100/100
Ship 7: 100/100
Ship 8: 100/100
Ship 9: 100/100
Ship 11: 100/100
Ship 12: 100/100

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi, Headchopper, Daisypants, Marco Ruyn, Bruce the Hero, Sitcher

Dead: Sally, werther, ewler, burklaif, Legsnapper, neckslicer, Faker
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

People who haven't posted will just be arbitrarily in the aether, able to teleport to whatever ship they want if they end up posting.

I must have had a seizure while writing last turn, because I didn't explain the Kraken's Wave attack. That's fixed now. It will be the response the Kraken uses when a mage or archer rolls a 1 or 6.

I also nerfed ram attack, because I don't want a crit to instantly destroy a ship.

Smoke Mirrors, please put the name of your character in your action. I haven't yet matched Marco with your username yet, and as more people join (hopefully) it would make it so much easier for me to manage.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:01:41 pm by origamiscienceguy »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2017, 11:52:39 pm »

Headchopper

NCA:Prepare to attack a tentacle when I see one.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:59:06 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29