Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken  (Read 28428 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) Dragon Is Dead!
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2017, 07:48:29 pm »

It's simple. I'm shooting to cripple for easy killing.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2017, 08:27:45 pm »

And I'll be sure to mention that in the flavor text. Also, you two are currently at the corpse together, which makes you adjacent range. You might want to think about using your knife. (Since using ranged stacks on an adjacent target has a -2 penalty.)

Edit: no update tonight, I'm playing DND with some friends.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 09:10:31 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2017, 09:17:29 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to be using my knife. A slash, specifically. I recall that everyone else also expressed a desire to stop Faker, too...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:38:58 pm by Glass »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2017, 10:33:05 pm »

I'm in

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NCA: Find a dark corner to hide in and blend in to. The loot is for the victors, I took no part in the conflict, I shall take none of the reward.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2017, 03:15:57 pm »

Turn 15

Back in the fearless society, the shopkeep, and the Sargent returned, without the introduction guy. Along with them was a blacksmith, and somebody else. One thing was for certain, there would be some tough decisions ahead.

A hooded figure among the recruits suddenly stepped through the portal, content with all the information he had gathered. He then stood just outside the portal, and watched the fighters break out into fighting. "Interesting" he mused to himself.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: Take his loot (6)
You run your knife along the Dragon's body, popping off hundreds of scales. They ping off the Dragon's hide, and fall directly into an open burlap sack you found in the town. You are so efficient at getting your loot, that you have time to pick some of the smaller scales on the legs as well. Those scales would have gone to one of the dead fighters had they been alive.
315 loot collected
CA: slash Faker (3+1=4)
You notice the Dward lean down and copy your actions, stealing some of your scales. Without a second's hesitation, you unsheathe your knife, and slash him in the leg. The armor he word deflected most of the damage, and only a thin scratch remained. But you sent a message, "don't steal my shit" you say.
10 damage to Faker

Zombie Young Johnny:
NCA: Collect 185 extra loot (5)
You pick off some of the smaller scales on the Dragon's snout and head, filling your pockets as much as they could hold. Just like Saraket, you were so efficient, that you quickly found yourself walking back to the portal. However, you hear Saraket unsheathe his knife, and deduce that the Dwarf stole something. You Go for a quick slash to his neck.
185 loot collected
CA: Quick Strike Faker (5)
You slash your sword at his neck, but the sword gets tangled up in his beard, and loses much of its power after cutting through the hair. What would have been a killing blow was now just a maiming blow.
90 damage to Faker
Level up!
(You leveled up last turn, but I forgot.)

Headchopper:
NCA: Collect 185 loot (4)
You scrape your tail against the stump that used to be the Dragon's tail. You balance them on top of your body along with the talons. Then you attack the Dwarf, because that seems to be the popular thing to do.
185 loot collected
CA: quick strike faker (3)
You stab your pincer into the Dwarf's groin area, and squeeze. You hear something burst, and the Dwarf screams in pain. White liquid trails down your pincer.
40 damage to Faker
Level up!

Abdul:
NCA: Take his share of the loot (4)
You use magic to aid your hands in wrigling the horns out of their sockets. they are about the same size as the Minotaur horns, but weigh much more. Perhapse they aren't the same material? You are pondering this when you notice  everybody ganging up on the Dwarf. you decide to shoot some lightning because why not?
CA: magic beam Faker (5)
Your electricity ignores his armor completely, and completely destroys his nervous system. The The Dwarf falls over, dead. It's a shame he had to die, but all's fair in love and war.
100 damage to Faker, Faker is dead.

Daisypants: (auto)
NCA: Get to the corpse (3)
You ignore your own heroism, and get to the Corpse, ready to collect your loot

Bruce the Hero: (auto)
NCA: Collect loot (1)
You are a complete and utter failure at picking up the tail. You try picking it up by the bone that was sticking out of the severed end, but the slippery bone is covered with blood, and you get no purchase
CA: none

Faker:
NCA: Doesn't matter, you're dead. But since these turns happen simultaniously, I'll let you attack one person.
CA: Quick strike Saraket (6)
after Saraket cut your leg, you immediately retaliate, stabbing him with your sword. Your sword goes straight through his body, and out the other side. Moments later, you are ganged up on, get your family jewels demolished, then electroshock therapied to death.
100 damage to Saraket

With the Dwarf Dead, everybody collects their share of the loot in peace, then they return to the shop. They all pass by the Hooded man very cautiously, before making it through the portal. The hooded figure enters last.

Loot

Alright, everybody else gets their loot and makes it back. Here is the updated list.
Spoiler: loot details (click to show/hide)

Shop

The shopkeep took some advice, and had some new items in stock.

Spoiler: whats in stock (click to show/hide)

Training

The sargent and Cleric were back to teach some new techniques

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blacksmith
A black smith set up a tempotary working station, and is offering some armor for those that can afford it. Upon seeing the Dragonscales, he offers to make dragonscale sets if you can afford it. If you already have armor, he's offering to buy it at a deflated price.

Spoiler: armor (click to show/hide)

Stablemaster

A peasant-looking man came in, along with some fine-looking horses. Well, some of them looked fine, some of them looked a little worse for wear. Regardless, he was selling some horses. Horses add HP to your character, but if the Horse's HP runs out, the Horse is dead forever. If they are still alive, though, they can be healed just like normal. If you want to do an action that doesn't make sense on a horse

Spoiler: horses (click to show/hide)

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi, Headchopper, Daisypants, Marco Ruyn

Dead: Sally, werther, ewler, burklaif, Legsnapper, neckslicer, Faker
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

I rebalanced some of the training skills. I reduced the mage shield armor from -50 damage to -30 damage (because archers only do 60 damage. That would be broken.) I also made force a free action, so mages can better counter Warriors by keeping them away.

If you have any questions about how horses work, ask. Also, if you want to sell your armor, and not buy new ones, that is allowed.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2017, 03:23:16 pm »

Deep breathing, and a pony. That's 500 loot, so I've now got 151.

"Just, bring a fedora next time. A nice one, in black and red. Not one of those a**hat fedoras, but a classy one."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:32:50 pm by Glass »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2017, 03:27:50 pm »

Buy a Pony, name it Bubbles and spend the rest of my time brushing its hair and telling it how pretty it is. Also, buy some onion rings for us and read the pony a prophecy of doom so it doesn't get bored.

Also buy 1x deadly prophecy book!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:37:49 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2017, 03:29:30 pm »

...I just wanted to dismember and eat Faker, not be cruel.

Eh, I got my last bit of XP anyway.

Headchopper

Buy Pommel Strike, two servings of mussels and three servings of onion rings
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:33:29 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2017, 03:34:39 pm »

Not much I can do with no loot. Begin talking with the other members of the group, with any luck I can gain some useful information.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2017, 03:36:19 pm »

"Just, bring a fedora next time. A nice one, in black and red. Not one of those a**hat fedoras, but a classy one."

I'll give you 50 loot to buy the Charger instead so Draignean can keep Bubbles.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 02, 2017, 03:39:36 pm »

Oh god, I didn't see the one of each.

I'll chip in what I have left for a charger, or, I suppose, you can have my beloved bubbles.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 02, 2017, 03:41:43 pm »

I'll give you 50 loot to buy the Charger instead so Draignean can keep Bubbles.

No offense EP, but you're a warrior, he's a ranger, it makes more sense he'd take the fast horse and you'd take the sturdy one.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 02, 2017, 03:43:15 pm »

No offense EP, but you're a warrior, he's a ranger, it makes more sense he'd take the fast horse and you'd take the sturdy one.

I mean that I'm paying Glass to buy the charger instead so Abdul can have a pony. Abdul is a mage.
My mods and forum games.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 02, 2017, 03:44:49 pm »

I mean that I'm paying Glass to buy the charger instead so Abdul can have a pony. Abdul is a mage.

Sorry, thought you wanted the pony, (Read someone's post wrong sonewhere) yes, that does make tactical sense.

EDIT: Can someone buy me the Deadly Prophecy booklet?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 07:31:34 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 02, 2017, 03:47:22 pm »

Sorry, thought you wanted the pony, (Read someone's post wrong sonewhere) yes, that does make tactical sense.

I did have an action for buying the donkey, but I changed my mind.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29