Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776909 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe III of Methiant!
« Reply #10515 on: April 28, 2018, 05:29:40 pm »

C

Always hear both sides.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: April 29, 2018, 02:46:31 am »

You leave to meet with Pantheonists. Your enthusiasm for Thann's teachings wanes as the fresh air cools you.

After a short while, you're seated amongst Pantheonist high clergy, but they seem a little bit teensy. They know; they know you disregarded their powerful circle for a meeting with the heretic first.

Eleven people begin 'teaching' you about Pantheonist faith.

4*

You learn quite a few things.

"Thann doesn't want to go back to the most pure of our tenets; he is just picking up ones he wants to follow. He forgets that during the first Council, it was the Pantheon Gods themselves who revealed their wish to have greater numbers to the oracles of our faith. Since then, we have been enlarging the Pantheon, simply following their wishes." You mention the 'watering down' of every new candidate, at which the priests scoff.

"The heretic forgets what times we live in!" Says the Archpriest. "He speaks that our candidates are not worthy, but what else we have? People were doing miracles five hundred years ago. Today, it is era of powerful warriors, skilled diplomats and efficient monarchs, so it is natural we will be enshrining peoples from this stock. If Thann cannot see that we have to adapt to the rigors of current day, then he is a backwards-thinking lunatic." Other Pantheonist priests murmur and nod in agreement.

You've heard both sides. It's time for decision.

A) Thann's heresy is acceptable to me. It should spread freely amongst those of Methiantese who wish to listen to the man.
B) Thann's heresy is fanatical orthodoxy that has no place in modern times. It shouldn't be encouraged by the state.
C) Thann is a dangerous man who is sowing discontent amongst the faithful. He needs to be removed to protect the true Pantheonism!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 02:48:41 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: April 29, 2018, 03:37:47 am »

A, it's a valid interpretation and helps splinter our religions further, which is always a good thing!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: April 29, 2018, 04:09:15 am »

B, let it splinter, but given it's rather anti-monarchical bent we shouldn't encourage it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: April 29, 2018, 04:09:46 am »

B

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: April 29, 2018, 05:06:47 am »

B
If the priests are correct that the gods actually asked them for this (which is of course by no means certain because their oracles could just be total failures), then I can't see Thann as deserving any support whatsoever.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: April 29, 2018, 07:15:15 am »

I'm not sure whether A is "I agree with the dude let's help it" or "It falls under freedom of religion." If the latter I'd vote for it, but unsure.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: April 29, 2018, 07:29:45 am »

Hrmm. It would be nice if we could find someway to institute a sort of Pantheon of Saints, to go alongside the original Pantheon, merging the two ideals without throwing away either of them. But! I don't think we rolled well enough for that.

B
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: April 29, 2018, 10:19:06 am »

B

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: April 29, 2018, 10:23:24 am »

B

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: April 29, 2018, 11:27:18 am »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: April 29, 2018, 12:14:34 pm »

I'm not sure whether A is "I agree with the dude let's help it" or "It falls under freedom of religion." If the latter I'd vote for it, but unsure.

Ill take the risk and vote A.
"Acceptable" sounds a lot like our decision over Enyn's teachings, when we refused to persecute just because the religious leaders hated him.

Hotfire90

« Reply #10528 on: April 29, 2018, 12:16:32 pm »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: April 29, 2018, 12:20:56 pm »

You decide that Thann's heresy won't have special priviledges and will be treated as any other faith.

1169 AD, Autumn

Diplomatic corps bring terrible news from Parsia!

It seems that during one of his drunken binges, Saenn did the unthinkable and laid with virgin daughter of one of high ranking Parsian noblemen. Her stomach recently grew to the point her pregnancy couldn't be hidden anymore.

Because Parsian law forbids having children before marriage, and mixed religion children are greatly frowned upon, the court of King Alalkan is in uproar. His courtiers call for lynching of Saenn and stoning of Hapsa, the girl he laid with.

King Alalkan is running damage control, trying to calm down his nobles and appease the lawmakers, but he hasn't asked you for neither assistance nor guidance. Still, your diplomats urge that you take action; the fragile relations with Parsia might crumble if this affair is handled wrongly!

A) Saenn is in Parsia, is a Parsian Vizier, and has broken Parsian law - he should be judged like Parsian, too.
B) Time to remind everyone whose brother Saenn is, and that they better not cross me.
C) Saenn's safety is in danger; I should dispatch troops to Karasau to see that no harm's done to him!
D) It's King Alalkan's domain; I will tell him in a letter to do as he fits and what he thinks is best for his country.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:22:35 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1087