Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776849 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe III of Methiant!
« Reply #10500 on: April 28, 2018, 12:18:11 pm »

B Let's hear the complaints first hand.  Honestly if he is legitimate in his beliefs he should relish the opportunity to preach to us.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10501 on: April 28, 2018, 12:19:36 pm »

B

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10502 on: April 28, 2018, 12:20:09 pm »

B

Let's get radicalized!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10503 on: April 28, 2018, 12:52:08 pm »

You decide to meet with Thann first. He is a rather unsuspecting man; in his late thirties, he has a calm face and is of small stature. A bookworm and a scholar, he is.

The owners of the home he rests at bow with respect as you enter their humble chambers, and you sit behind a small dining table, with Thann at your left side.

He immediately begins delving into theology and mythology, but you won't be thwarted!

4*

"You see, Emperor. In the Year of Descent, when the divine Gods of Pantheon descended upon our lands, they taught the savage peoples how to build homes, how to plant crops, how to navigate rivers and how to refine rocks in the mountains. But our peoples grew proud, and after thirty three years, the Gods returned to their home in the heavens. Thirty three Gods were revered as the Pantheon, and all was good and proper till four hundred years later."

You recall the ancient texts about Council of Lech.

"In the year five hundred sixteen After Descent, the Pantheonist clerics have decided to include most blessed miracle workers from times past. Those were the likes like Anwyn, from under whose feet grass and flowers sprung with each step and who made the river Oach move again, or the mighty Caellach, who singlehandedly wrestled four dragons to death and then sacrificed himself to absorb all of their poisonous blood that would otherwise pollute the farmlands of Luathbas. So then, there were no thirty three, but forty six Gods."

He then goes on, and with each God he mentions, you notice a pattern; their deeds that earned them inclusion into Pantheon become more and more mundane. And the numbers bloated rather rapidly, to 77 by late 700s, and then up to 90 before turn of millenium and up and up till 111 in year 1066 AD.

"And the most recent addition, your honorable brother Leath. For what he has done to the peoples of the world? Did he slay terrible beasts and ushered an era of peace? Did his touch cure the permamently sick or revive those upon deathbed? No, I say, all he did was being a good diplomat. And thus in Pantheon, there are nowadays more Men than Gods. We put mere mortals on the equal terms with those who came from heavens and enlightened us. If this is not the blasphemy of highest order upon the divine beings, then I do not know what is." The followers of his heresy that sit behind him nod and murmur in agreement, while Thann reclines in his chair.

"Today's Pantheon is nothing worthy of praise nor worship. It must be remade - it must be brought down and revered in its original form, else it becomes naught but farce."

A) I HAVE BEEN ENLIGHTENED! This man is the TRUEST of Pantheonists, and I shall follow his teachings!
B) He speaks wisely and smartly. I will let his people follow his teachings; the Pantheonists have no power here!
C) The man has some good points, but I ought to talk with Pantheonists as well.
D) An orthodox heretic with dangerous conviction, and he insulted Leath to boot. To dungeon with him!

And there we go, finally I had chance to share bits of the mythology of Pantheonism as well as explain what really happened at year zero of Descent calendar. Double score \o/
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 12:55:33 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10504 on: April 28, 2018, 12:54:21 pm »

C

Hotfire90

« Reply #10505 on: April 28, 2018, 12:54:52 pm »

C

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10506 on: April 28, 2018, 12:57:44 pm »

C

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #10507 on: April 28, 2018, 01:07:19 pm »

C

Nice lore!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10508 on: April 28, 2018, 01:15:34 pm »

C!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10509 on: April 28, 2018, 01:19:47 pm »

Honestly, I'm tempted to just pick A. Not because he has sold me on his faith, but because it will likely bring peace. The Pantheonists are unlikely to persecute the faith that the sitting emperor belongs to, nor are they likely to rebel after what Cyl recently did to the far more militant and dangerous Alldivine peeps.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10510 on: April 28, 2018, 01:26:37 pm »

Cool history brah

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10511 on: April 28, 2018, 01:45:49 pm »

That was easy, why didn't he want to say all that before?

C

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10512 on: April 28, 2018, 01:57:24 pm »

C
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10513 on: April 28, 2018, 03:11:58 pm »

C. He seems to not actually be wrong. I'd pick A but we'd still better at least hear what the mainstream Pantheonist clergy has to say to us for the sake of keeping the peace.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10514 on: April 28, 2018, 03:46:00 pm »

C because, while he is clearly technically correct, he would be desanctifying Leath, and that is obviously unacceptable.
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 1087