Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777607 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Yoe II of Methiant!
« Reply #2115 on: October 24, 2017, 12:51:28 am »

B. Maybe it's a book club or something?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: October 24, 2017, 02:37:54 am »

... Couldn't we just ask her about it?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: October 24, 2017, 02:44:59 am »

That feeling when any option to engage has you come off as oblivious or a complete cock, but you want to know anyway.

Eh. Let's go with B, with the consequence being that we'd be a little miffed.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: October 24, 2017, 02:55:18 am »

D

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: October 24, 2017, 04:08:55 am »

B
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: October 24, 2017, 05:04:44 am »

D, nonsense, she just gave birth to a healthy baby boy and I don't want to know if he is illegitimate or not.  LALALA MY FINGERS ARE IN MY EARS I CANT HEAR YOU.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: October 24, 2017, 07:38:38 am »

D

Maybe she's just taking up a private teaching job. At any rate, she did her duty, now we ought to do ours.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: October 24, 2017, 08:13:12 am »

D.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: October 24, 2017, 08:54:04 am »

B, for lack of a better option.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: October 24, 2017, 09:26:04 am »

//Sorry helmacon but I only noticed your vote after I wrote this huge update ;v

You decide to ignore the rumors, as they're obviously lies.

Ten days later you receive an urgent report from the westlands; King Elran III with his courtiers and two hundred soldiers of guard has entered Methiant through Ankurvat, and is slowly traveling toward your capital.

The subsequent reports mention no incidents except one where an old lady threw a rotten apple at Elran's carriage (she missed). The lady in question was interrogated, flogged and then tossed into dungeon.

1099 AD, Mid-Autumn

With great pomp and much ruckus, King Elran III's entourage enters the capital city. Methiantese minstrels play for the arriving dignitaries while your maids prepare the guest rooms. The westerners are clad in yellows, greens, greys and blacks, which is slightly contrasts to blues, reds, purples and greens of your homeland.

A great feast is thrown in the palace halls; all sixty of Elran's courtiers are fed with delicious foods and watered with strong wines and ales. King Elran III personally toasts your leadership and governance, and hopes that there will be much to gain from closer relationship between Eldrican and Methiant.

Afterwards, your courtiers are quick to establish some ties with foreign nobles and exchange rumors and information.

For example, the Eldricans are highly militant peoples. While they were engaged in the war with Kiwis and Kois in their north and east, they were also skirmishing with Republic of Calvendocia and the State of Prawlant, both maritime powers which keep Eldricans from reaching open waters.

You also hear about the apparently very ancient roots of Eldrican Kingdom, which are derived from a city-state of Era, apparently dating to the times when your own peoples were ruled by chieftains and warlords of proto-Luathbas.

The nations of Calvendocia and Prawlant are, according to what your courtiers learned, both maritime, medium-sized nations that enjoy lots of wealth thanks to trade and hilly terrain abundant in various ores. The Calvendocians engage in slave trade (a grave offense to people in your region), and have several overseas colonies, where they exchange fruits and metals for gemstones and furs that are abundant in the lands of some people called 'Lefkandi'. The Prawlants are an inclusive republican state, where humans and dwarves enjoy nearly equal status; a small Elven minority also dwells there, mostly those who abandoned the old ways and moved out of the great Forest of Tisilenteliya.

A little bit of information has been shed on the resurgence of Eldrican and their ties to the Cult of Damed; apparently the first Eldrican king was a native who joined Damdamian Republic as a soldier, gaining fame and wealth, then retired to his homeland, and then took arms against the horse nomads that plagued the lands in the west in the previous centuries, overthrowing them and shattering their proud rule thanks to heavy donations from former Damdamian comrades and friendly Senators.

Your scribes managed to gain lots of useful information about the distant west. They now know the location of Calvendocia, some minor domains and few dwarven halls, and that the western lands are mostly grasslands and riverplains with rarely a mountainous region. You can expect that the Map will be greatly expanded in the coming years.

Finally, the afternoon gives to the evening, and the feasting and celebrating descends into heavy drinking and bold men wooing feisty women (and vice versa). What you did not expect was to see King Elran III, a man slightly older than you, make some flirtatious overtones towards your wife! While no man is free from temptation after consuming lots of alcohol and considering your wife's natural beauty, this would be a slight on your reputation if it wasn't for your wife's valiant and successful attempts at shooing Elran away.

Still, Segeda is yours, not Elran's, wife. You therefore decide to...

A) Grab something heavy and smack the foreign casanova over the head so that he learns his place!
B) Using big words explain to Elran that your wife is off-limits, thank you very much.
C) Keep it to yourself, for now.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: October 24, 2017, 09:29:46 am »

B, gotta stand up for your family, right?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: October 24, 2017, 09:40:48 am »

B - If we do nothing it'll imply he can walk all over us and that we don't respect our wife. He is in the wrong here, so causing a minor scene isn't an altogether bad thing. He and his court are technically at our mercy after all as I suspect our forces outmatch his here if it comes to it. Not that it should, but fortune favours the prepared.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 24, 2017, 09:42:22 am »

C Edit: Changed vote, see further down.
Segeda has been a champ at sticking up for herself. We're proud of her, if sometimes frustrated.
(Or at worst she is always far more discreet. Either is okay.)

But do keep this in the back pocket for accusing blackmail pressure claiming to be hurt and needing better terms when Elran finally gets around to his supposed big deal.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:59:48 am by mightymushroom »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 24, 2017, 09:49:40 am »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: October 24, 2017, 10:10:00 am »

B
Of course.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 1087