Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777637 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Yoe II of Methiant!
« Reply #2085 on: October 23, 2017, 01:46:43 pm »

A Yeah. Smaller land gain is better than overextending ourselves. Hmm. Also I wonder that since we have the old Lauthbas heartlands if the dream of a reborn Lauthbas isn't out of the question? I've personally always hoped for the possibility of it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:51:31 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: October 23, 2017, 02:05:30 pm »

You decide to conclude the campaign and order the ARmy back home to be given a celebration as new lands will be integrated into Methiant proper.

1098 AD, Summer

Queen Dogethe of Cydwyl has installed one of Donuth's bastards as new King of Donuth, and her vassal. The new 'Kingdom' however is smaller than the original Domain; some northlands were incorporated into Cydwyl and you of course took the southlands. King Sago of Donuth also had to accept Cydwyllian system of administration, basically making the previous Donuth nothing but a name now.

1098 AD, Midsummer

During one of the hotter weeks of the whole decade, your courtiers do not stop working; the Advisor and the Treasurer arrive with numerous scrolls in their hands.

"Here are our planned reforms of bureaucracy, sire." The Advisor spreads the scrolls on your desk.

"With improved system of taxation and better means of accounting, we should be able to monitor our wealth more closely and with greater security. Also, this could potentially increase our profits from taxation as less coin will be lost on the way between our subjects and our Treasury. Plus, more magistrates working in our nation means smoother governance. Splendid, is it not?" The Treasurer places a small scroll in front of you.

"All we need to begin the reforms is your signature, King Yoe. We estimate that it should take up to five, ten years before our reforms will be fully implemented." You decide to...

A) Sign the papers and let the reforms begin!
B) Change your mind and shoot down the reforms.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: October 23, 2017, 02:06:45 pm »

A

Tax reform is truly the stuff that dreams are made of.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: October 23, 2017, 02:17:55 pm »

A

I do believe we also took administrative reforms back during Lauthbas? Hmm. Have ever Reformed the army as Methiant? I find myself forgetting many recent details after the break I took.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: October 23, 2017, 02:18:38 pm »

A

Tax reform is truly the stuff that dreams are made of.
A for Awesome
BEcause reforms help in the best of intents and contexts. And we have good stats to show for supporting this overall.

Hopefully corruption won't take root though.
A

I do believe we also took administrative reforms back during Lauthbas? Hmm. Have ever Reformed the army as Methiant? I find myself forgetting many recent details after the break I took.
People kept sending the King to death via monsters and then Luathbas went boom. :P

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: October 23, 2017, 02:34:17 pm »

Accountancy ho!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: October 23, 2017, 02:38:28 pm »

A

A

I don't think we've reformed the Methiant army the same way we did in a previous game, but the alldivines battle brothers and our investments into education for our population are having a similar effect, afaik, most of the civilians are at least a little bit combat trained, and we have a steady flow of troops coming in.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: October 23, 2017, 03:00:30 pm »

You sign the papers, allowing the bureaucratic reform to proceed.

1098 AD, Winter

The last five months were relatively peaceful; maybe it's for the best, considering the recent warfare. Half a year of peace and stability won't hurt anybody.

Oh, and the gemstones get to your Treasury while silver is once again sent to Ceodwell.

1098 AD, End of the Year

Should you begin to worry? No disasters, no monsters, no wars for another quarter of the year. Even the weather, compared to last year, is pleasant; there's little snow, winds are calm and temperature decent (for a winter, of course).

Anyways, here is the Advisor with Scrolls of Kingdom Status in his hands!

Happiness: 7
Population: 6
Economy: 7
Army: 4

Seems censuses for Felonsein and Donuth has earned you a notch in the rating of Methiant subjects. Otherwise, all is good.

1099 AD, Spring

The spice caravan is here!

3to5

This time people are more enthusiastic about the spices! Their spirits are lifted as the cinnamon cakes once again appear on their kitchen tables. Of course, your Treasury gets a nice cut from selling the spices to your subjects.

1099 AD, Mid-Spring

The Court sings praises to all the gods of fertility they can name! Your second wife, Segeda, has given birth to a boy! She named him 'Cyl', but he might as well become Yoe III once he replaces you as King of Methiant. The dynastic continuity has been secured!

Several days later you receive a visit from an Eldrican envoy.

"Greetings, King Yoe of Methiant! I'm here to announce that the war in the west has finally come to an end. The Kiwis has been destroyed, the Koi made our vassals. This would not happen if you wouldn't take off the fearsome Felonsines out of the equation, for which King Elran III praises you. Despite your unwillingness to send money to further our goals, King Elran believes you should be rewarded. Therefore, he is ready to send you the designs on the Fireblood siege machines, along with engineers and alchemists who know how to make more of the substance. He also wishes to discuss the matter of marriage between his daughter, Esta, with any of your sons." You explain that you only few weeks ago gained a son and an heir.

"Ah, I see. Still, King Elran would like to discuss it, even if the marriage won't happen for decades. For this, he is asking whether you would be willing to welcome him in your Palace around Autumn this year?" This request makes your courtiers abuzz; rarely heads of state risk a long journey through foreign lands just to discuss matter, relying instead on emissaries. King Elran must really trust you and your realm if he wishes to meet you in person.

You ponder this extremely delicate yet important decision, and decide to...

A) Agree to have King Elran III of Eldrican visit your humble palace.
B) Reject the offer, citing high risks of such a meeting.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: October 23, 2017, 03:01:53 pm »

A

Although we'd better beef the hell up out of our security. No more assassins and zombies and stuff guys. For real this time!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: October 23, 2017, 03:15:49 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: October 23, 2017, 03:17:48 pm »

A

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: October 23, 2017, 03:26:12 pm »

A

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: October 23, 2017, 03:30:46 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: October 23, 2017, 03:50:28 pm »

You agree to meet with King Elran III this Autumn to discuss most important matters.

Once the envoy leaves, the palace staff begins preparations; corridors are being renovated, guest chambers refreshed, gardens peeled of weeds. Your palace, a mere border keep few ceturies in the past, will be now hosting a king of grandiose nation in the west.

1099 AD, Summer

The Spymaster bumps into you in the corridors of the palace during one of the nights.

"Greetings, sire. I bring urgent news about the western parts of the Kingdom."

"What is it?"

"The rumors spread fast and the more uncooperative and influential of Felonsines might be try to stir trouble as King Elran passes through the recently conquered lands. It would be prudent to take some precautions, my liege."

A) "Crack down on the conspiring scum! Send out agents to get rid of the unwanted elements; and have the Army stationed in key places to maintain order."
B) "Have your agents remove some of the most important 'conspirators', and keep an eye on the rest of their friends."
C) "Just monitor the situation for now. I'm sure my new subjects won't actually try anything stupid."
SigFlags!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: October 23, 2017, 03:52:37 pm »

A Yeah no. We aren't going to be having any of that.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 1087