Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777753 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe III of Methiant!
« Reply #10065 on: April 16, 2018, 02:01:28 pm »

I, B

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: April 16, 2018, 02:04:39 pm »

I, B
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: April 16, 2018, 02:11:37 pm »

IB
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: April 16, 2018, 02:14:37 pm »

Storing too much money is asking for corruption.

HB
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:21:01 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: April 16, 2018, 02:18:49 pm »

The Damdamians are currently busy with their civil war, Rucus declared their independence when the civil war broke out.

There is no civil war, the Empire has simply dissolved into a whole bunch of kingdoms.

IB, hold on to some cash for now.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: April 16, 2018, 02:31:04 pm »

Happyness
B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: April 16, 2018, 02:47:57 pm »

The Damdamians are currently busy with their civil war, Rucus declared their independence when the civil war broke out.

There is no civil war, the Empire has simply dissolved into a whole bunch of kingdoms.

I'm not even sure that dissolved is the right word: it appears the territorial rulers seized local authority without that last step of declaring full independence.They still shared one, blue outer border on our last map and Rucus had other Damdamians backing them up during the ill-fated campaign. I seem to recall the sole heir to the Imperial throne is a (youngish?) lady, maybe they're all trying to court her?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: April 16, 2018, 02:49:47 pm »

I just remember that the last time people insisted there was a civil war in the Damdamian territories Haspen was like "what the hell are you talking about, they're pretty much good".

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: April 16, 2018, 03:03:03 pm »

Yeah, there was brief huff of reorganization when the old emperor died but it settled down quickly. Which is good for us, an unstable country would be less interested in buying luxury furs!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: April 16, 2018, 03:08:39 pm »

CB

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: April 16, 2018, 03:08:44 pm »

I just remember that the last time people insisted there was a civil war in the Damdamian territories Haspen was like "what the hell are you talking about, they're pretty much good".

Ye, they settled down and there's Damdamian Empire (with Damdamian Republic-states), Damdamian Republics, and some Holy Damdamian Republic and some Damdamian Coastal Republic, plus most of Margraves decided to try out this 'kingdom' thing.

It's a mess, but one that can be easily labeled around. I haven't updated the map yet ;v

You decide to keep the money safely stored.

1166 AD, Spring

The Army is doing great work in capturing Parsian garrisons and territories. However, it seems that they've got Manipur's attention, as a big pitched battle between six thousand Methiantese and four thousand Parsians ended in over five thousand casualties, 50-50 split between the two.

The report also suggests that Parsians have not only 'resurrected' their legendary Cataphracts, they've decked them out in steel armor, most probably of Dwarven make, with soft yet insulating padding made of ketton cloth (which plantations have been found near the mountainous areas). Arrows can't even penetrate the Cataphracts' multi-layer armor, while crossbow bolts and Deathreed blasts sometimes get lodged in the steel instead of puncturing it.

Another report brings some disconcerting news; your commanders haven't yet worked out the quirks in tactics involving large-scale use of Deathreeds. The military brass will tinker about it, but it seems that a change in military philosophy of Methiant Army is needed.

Your little Caimhe is dead! The poor girl has been playing on the balconies of the palace a bit too carelessly, and one moment, when the Shadowranks soldiers turned their eyes elsewhere, she climbed on, then slipped off the railing and fell down on the rooftops. The guards and healers could do naught but recover her body and clothe it in finest linen.

You receive happier news from the north; apparently, Queen Alissa gave birth to a child. The third son of hers and King Erik has been named 'Aron' by the Queen.

A week later after this flurry of events, reports and hearsays, you receive a messenger from Orcworld; apparently, the southern expedition has been annihilated! The soldiers of Orcworld Fortress found and destroyed a large nomadic tribe of orcs, who, much to their horror, had wrappings and trophies made from clothes and trinkets of Methiantese origin, many of them recognized by the garrison's men.

The commander of the fortress is asking for guidance.

A) We begin a crusade against the orcish nomads. They are good for naught but vulture feed!
B) It means we need to send greater guard details with other expeditions.
C) Obviously, sending out expeditions is a bad idea. If anyone wants to come over and chat, we will be waiting.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 03:13:43 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: April 16, 2018, 03:09:54 pm »

C
Jesus christ...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Hotfire90

« Reply #10077 on: April 16, 2018, 03:12:31 pm »

B

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: April 16, 2018, 03:14:33 pm »

B

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: April 16, 2018, 03:15:06 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1087