Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Zodiac: The Mind of Madness  (Read 13337 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Zodiac: The Mind of Madness
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2017, 11:17:28 am »

*thread bump*
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2017, 11:03:08 am »

I'll check out one of the other rooms. There may be something useful in one of them. The Carp Cleric will follow me.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2017, 01:52:08 am »

*bumping for Elf, MastahCheese, and Shadowclaw. Can't do this one without you guys!  :)*
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2017, 02:07:10 am »

"Well then, creepy monster-infested lab thing! I'll just have to make this showy, hm?"
Trigger Let's Make This Showy and take cover somewhere where we're not likely to get ambushed and have a line of fire towards any enemies.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2017, 05:35:50 pm »

*The game shall have it's update in two days (since two people haven't posted yet)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2017, 06:57:34 pm »

Mission One: Aftermath
Section Three: Paralyzed

Before Amnis can react any further, the first creature he saw in the black labcoat, known as a Collector, bore out it's sharp, jagged claws as it lunged towards the shape-shifter. [10 v 4] Two claws stabbed straight into his chest, sending Amnis gasping for air as the wind flew away from him, as blood spurted out of the wound. With a smile befitting that of a slasher villain, the Collector then attempted to wrestle it's new prey to the ground. [8 v 5] Without doing much more damage, Amnis does collapse as the Collector stands over him, savoring it's meal as it looks directly into his eyes.

(Idle) [8+2 (Called Shot) v 5] "I've got the right kneecap in sight!" Cromwell shouts, which forces the Collector accosting Amnis to look up. When it does, a slug round slams through the creature's right kneecap, splattering bone and purple blood onto both Amnis and the floor. Letting loose an inhuman growl through the stitching, the Collector tumbles onto it's back, too stunned from the blow to finish Amnis off.

The second Collector in the room turns towards the sudden intruder, it's eye wide with stunned silence, but it readies itself into a combat stance. Then, without warning, it vanishes into purple smoke, [1 v 2] only to suddenly reappear over Cromwell in a gust of vapor. Raising it's claw up, it readies its-self to kill Cromwell, only for the exterminator to simply walk out of the way. Landing on it's feet, the Collector turns to Cromwell with an impressed gaze, it's stitched mouth showing sharpened teeth.

(Idle) Terrance Peel raises his silenced P90 up to the second Collector, walking behind him so as not to disturb the creature. [3 v 1] A bullet slams it's way through the Collector's cheek, flying through the stitching. With it's mouth free, it's razor sharp teeth bare themselves as it roars like that of a wild animal.

"Well then, creepy monster-infested lab thing! I'll just have to make this showy, hm?" is the taunt uttered by Miki Satou as she then runs behind one of the Arc Generators. Raising her flintlock up, she can see [6] the wounded Collector still squirming around on the ground, and thus she acts. [8+2 v 1-1 (Stunned)] Before the creature can even scream, Miki's flintlock fires as it bores a hole through the Collector's head, killing it instantly as a purple puddle forms under it's head.

Rather than engage just yet, Callie instead heads towards the door to engineering, hoping to find something useful. Tailing along is the Carp Cleric, his newspaper wrapped fish still flopping about as he walks. [1] Not only does the door not open, however, it seems unlikely brute strength alone will fix it. A keycard reader on the right hand side tells the story: they need a keycard that has the clearance necessary to open this door.

Standing up with a hand clutching his chest, Amnis says "Well, hello there... what exactly are you two?", as he looks down at the corpse of the Collector that attacked him. Readying himself into a stance, his epidermal carapace holds tight as he raises his fists, ready for a counter attack from any angle.

Patting down the syringe in his left holster, Jacob unshoulders his rifle and checks the magazine. Yep, all the shots are in place. Walking towards the doorway, he aims at the Second Collector, before opening fire. [2 v 1] The shot grazes the Collector's cheek as it flies into the wall.

Sorry for the shorter descriptions. I felt like I needed to get this turn out. Next turn will be more in depth, if you want.

Also, I decided to introduce an Initiative mechanic, because I felt like it would make things more interesting.

Spoiler: Callie Effae (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cromwell Jackson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Amnis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Miki Satou (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Terrance Peel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jacob Daniels (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2017, 11:09:22 pm »

Holding his weapon by its pistol grip, Jacob wordlessly looks for an opportunity to drag Amnis to relative safety before injecting him with the healing syringe.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2017, 12:04:54 am »

"Disgusting beast." Amnis snarls at the remaining Collector.

If the other Collector is already within range, beat him up with my strengthened carapace-covered body. Otherwise, slowly back away while remaining vigilant in case it chases after me. Maybe this time, I'll react on time to counter any attacks.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2017, 09:30:58 am »

*bump*

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2017, 10:32:57 pm »

So, we actually got a sheet, but since it was PM-d to me, he couldn't re-post it, so:

Spoiler: PaPaj's Character (click to show/hide)

@PaPaj: There are some things to change:

1. For Bloodlust, since the game doesn't use HP, how about a +X for how bad the injury is? Like, a scratch won't do much, a shallow slash of a sword is +1, getting shot in the chest is +2, etc?

2. For Pure Rage, doing "as much damage as possible" sounds a tiny bit OP. If it's only one target, only a standard buff to an Attack/Defense roll, and only once per "Rage Mode", I will allow it.

Other than that, stuff like "Last Resort" and "Sixth Sense" is pretty self-explanatory. Just need those two things clarified.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2017, 02:50:31 am »

So, we actually got a sheet, but since it was PM-d to me, he couldn't re-post it, so:

Spoiler: PaPaj's Character (click to show/hide)

@PaPaj: There are some things to change:

1. For Bloodlust, since the game doesn't use HP, how about a +X for how bad the injury is? Like, a scratch won't do much, a shallow slash of a sword is +1, getting shot in the chest is +2, etc?

2. For Pure Rage, doing "as much damage as possible" sounds a tiny bit OP. If it's only one target, only a standard buff to an Attack/Defense roll, and only once per "Rage Mode", I will allow it.

Other than that, stuff like "Last Resort" and "Sixth Sense" is pretty self-explanatory. Just need those two things clarified.
1. Yeah i can go with that
2. Sure let's go with that,a standard buff to Attack/Defense roll sounds good enough
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2017, 08:17:56 pm »

*bump for OceanSoul, Elf, Cheese, and Shadowclaw. If they don't post soon, I'll think of...something.*

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2017, 09:07:13 pm »

Return to fight, apply Omni-barrier to me and Cromwell. Aspect is.....Betrayal.
 "So...not good at protecting one's back, but effective against ally attacks, I guess? Well, misfiring's always possible."

Also, shoot at enemy with gun other than the one applying the barriers.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2017, 01:36:43 am »

Metal Waltz on the remaining collector

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2017, 08:58:53 am »

Mission One: Aftermath
Section Four: Mopping Up

(Idle) Cromwell Jackson turns to the second Collector, which is still snarling at him, and raises his SPAS-12 up to the creature. [1 v 2] Right as he pulls the trigger, however, the gun actually jams.

The second Collector, circling Cromwell's position like a hungry lion, raises it's claws up and [3 v 4] leaps forward, slashing at the air as Cromwell rolls out of the way of the deadly attack, which sends the creature sprawling to the floor. It gets up to it's feet quickly, however. (Idle) From the shadows, Terrance Peel raises up his silenced rifle to the creature. [4 v 10] The first shot misses it's head, which makes it turn back before it begins charging towards him. [3 v 4] Again, the Spy rolls out of the way of a sudden claw attack, though the creature stays on it's feet this time.

Miki Satou rushes out, her flintlock in one hand and her cutlass in the other, charging at the Collector. [10 v 4, 4 v 3] The first attack, a daring stab from her cutlass, slams through the Collector's chest, making it heave and writhe on the end of the steel blade. While still impaled on the cutlass, Miki shoots a flintlock round into the creature's arm for seemingly no reason, before kicking it to the ground.

Priming another charge on her OMNI-tech guns, Callie looks at the computer before raising an eyebrow for her barrier pick: purple letters reading out "Betrayal". "So...not good at protecting one's back, but effective against ally attacks, I guess? Well, misfiring's always possible." Firing, a pink shield covers her and Cromwell, before she raises the other pistol to the creature. [6 v 6] Right as she fires, the Collector suddenly rises up onto it's feet, it's back bending under it's weight as it looks at Callie with an upside down gaze.

"Disgusting beast!" is the snarling cry of Amnis, which make the Collector pop it's back into position to look at him. Charging, Amnis raises a fist up. [7+2 (Epidermal Carapace) v 8] A fist suddenly rams into the creature's stab wound, making purple blood exit it's lips.

Jacob drags Amnis away from the fight, and plops a syringe into him. Immediately, the wounds begin to close themselves up, which makes Amnis feel...strange.

Sorry about the really small turn. I took too long to get to it, and I have quite a bit to do for my other Earth IV game, among some other things. Sorry.

Spoiler: Callie Effae (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cromwell Jackson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Amnis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Miki Satou (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Terrance Peel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jacob Daniels (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9