Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Zodiac: The Mind of Madness  (Read 13357 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Zodiac: The Mind of Madness
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2017, 09:13:47 pm »

Amnis looks around him, noticing the crates and heavily damaged door. "Where...am I?"
Amnis then stares at his own hands for a moment, feeling as though there's something he's missing. "Maybe the thing I'm missing is in my head?", he mutters to himself while running a hand through his hair. He then notices the hand he ran through his hair is... different. In fact, it's not even a hand anymore. It's a tentacle of some kind! Jumping in surprise, he takes a moment to calm down before realizing that when he focuses on his hand he can "feel" something almost intangible about it. After the tentacle wriggles for a bit, he concentrates on it and thinks of how his hand was before. "Oh... good, it worked." Amnis says in a somewhat excited manner. Flexing his hands, he figures he should listen to that voice on the intercom- for now, anyway.

Follow the man in the suit, looking out for a 'Pylon Room'
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:32:55 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2017, 04:33:03 pm »

Jacob looks over the others without any particular interest-the same way a security camera looks at the world around it. He nods in acknowledgement as Terrance greets the group, but remains silent without so much as a change to his expression. He walks behind the others as they go to the Pylon Room.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2017, 06:09:38 am »

"Hy-Aaawn...huh? How'd I get here? One moment ago, I was just testing out the OMN..I mean, omelet press. Supposed to be..non-stick, and all. Anyway, I may as well help out for the time being. Now, in reserve, I have.." She takes out a small screened device for a brief moment, about as big as a smartphone. "Mouse, and Mandible. Now, a just need a strong ally, and I'l be set". She takes out a barely futuristic-looking pistol with her right hand, turns a knob on its left with her thumb, and points it at the ground nearby before shooting, holding the trigger as a small stream of energy comes out. The words Fish and Healing pop briefly on the screen. OK, I would sorta expeect...some merman with a regenerating factor. Or a fantasy cleric of some sort that wields holy mackerel. Hopefully the former.

In other words, Generate a (Fish, Healing) OMNI-ALLY, and head to the Pylon Room.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2017, 10:27:00 pm »

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 01:19:39 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2017, 10:58:12 pm »

Looks fine to me! Miyako Koguchi is approved!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2017, 01:12:20 am »

Miki decides to tag along. After all, this wasn't her first adventure. Nor even her twentieth.
"Sure, why not?"
To the Pylon Room! Or wherever that is.
Spoiler: Miki Satou (click to show/hide)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2017, 02:24:14 am »

Mission One: Aftermath
Section Two: Investigation is Afoot

Adjusting to his new, non-Belgian surroundings, Terrance stands up with a hand gripping a box in support. Looking up to the intercom of one Cole Baker, he says "'Well..Cole Baker. You mind not giving an explanation on why you decided on selecting all of us just to purge some random "experiment" you created. I guess, he can't hear me through the inter-com, so I have to meet him, up close and personal." And indeed, no response comes back to him. His brow furrows as he looks down, spotting his new allies. "Also, a short greetings to you other folks, but we should as quickly as possible get to this Pylon Room before our proper introductions." he says, before walking towards the large door. With a dapper tip of his fedora in response to the visual of his team, he presses the intact "Open" button on the keypad and, in a shower of sparks, it opens. [Spot Check: 5] There is immediately a long steel hallway with several more signs of struggle; bloody handprints and scratches cover the walls and several wall panels and overhanging pipes have collapsed. There is a small and harmless, yet very noticeable fire burning at the far end in an odd pink color. There are three sections that lead to different rooms, as a nearby sign shows, though the "Pylon Room" isn't one of them. Instead, the options before him are "Generator Room", which goes straight and thus leads to the fire, the "Engineering Deck" which goes to the left, and a staircase that leads upward. [Detail Check: 10] As he looks at the sign, he instantly notices that the Generator Room notice has what looks like a pylon, with sparking red electricity drawn on it. Thus, the Generator Room is where they need to go. The choice to actually go there rests with the team.

Standing up from his spot on the ground, the shapeshifting Amnis feels a ringing in his ear as he looks around. Looking around, he asks "Where...am I?" as his eyes gaze upon the crates and door. Before long, he stands up and gains an odd, sinking feeling, as though he's missing something. "Maybe the thing I'm missing is in my head?" he says, running a hand through his hair which indicates his headed-ness. As the texture of his hand runs through, though, he notices something off, and thus looks down to see a tentacle instead of a normal five digit limb. Startled, he stares at it until he remembers his powers, and thus focuses on it. With mastery over his craft, he slowly, but surely, restores his hand to normal. "Oh... good, it worked." he muses, as he stands up and walks to the suited man.

Jacob rises to his feet, and notices a security camera watching him. Nodding at both this and the greeting by the Belgian Agent, he walks over to the growing party.

"Hy-Aaawn...huh? How'd I get here? One moment ago, I was just testing out the OMN..I mean, omelet press. Supposed to be..non-stick, and all. Anyway, I may as well help out for the time being. Now, in reserve, I have.." are the words out of the mouth of Callie Effae as she wakes up, springing up to her feet. As she stands, she pulls out a small device, which is the size of a smartphone. "Mouse, and Mandible. Now, a just need a strong ally, and I'll be set." she says, while pulling out a small pistol. Twisting a knob on the left side, she points it at the ground before firing, the words "Fish" and "Healing" popping up. "OK, I would sorta expect...some merman with a regenerating factor. Or a fantasy cleric of some sort that wields holy mackerel. Hopefully the former." [Quality Check: 4] It's the latter, as she finds out, as a grand figure in a black robe emerges from the glow. With a newspaper wrapped fish in one hand and a Bible in the other, he's bathed in a holy glow as he follows Callie to the group.

Standing up on unsteady feet, the grinning Miki Satou rises up and notices the group forming over in the hallway. "Sure, why not?" she thinks, as she walks to the group.

(Idle): Cromwell Jackson stands up and cleans his glasses before walking with the group.

When everyone's together, they try walking to the Generator Room door. When they get there, they hear a moaning noise inside, and they also see a hole in the door. [Spot Check: 2] Unfortunately, it's too small a hole to see what's waiting for them. It's time to make a plan, and they aren't sure what they're planning for.

Spoiler: Callie Effae (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cromwell Jackson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Amnis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Miki Satou (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Terrance Peel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jacob Daniels (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2017, 01:49:01 pm »

Amnis clears his throat. "I have an idea as to how we can get a peek inside... or rather, I can get a peek inside and share the results with you few."

The Polymorph starts to concentrate on his right hand, aiming to turn it into a thin and snake-like tendril that is covered by small and functioning compound eyes. If this succeeds, snake the tiny tendril through the hole and see what's inside.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2017, 04:38:39 am »

With the sound of someone clearing their throat, the party turns to see Amnis standing around, looking at the door. "I have an idea as to how we can get a peek inside..." he begins, squinting his eyes slightly. "or rather, I can get a peek inside and share the results with you few." he finishes, before crouching down and staring at his right hand. [6] He manages to create what he wants, which is a thin, slithering tendril that is dotted by dozens, if not hundreds of eyes. Still, he can't keep this transformation for long, as the grogginess makes it easier to lose focus. Snaking the tendril through the hole [Spot Check: 3], Amnis's view is obstructed by a large glass tube, with red electricity sparking inside of the already red glass. What isn't being blocked by that is too blurry to see properly.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2017, 05:00:14 am »

"Well. That was certainly fruitful." Amnis says, retracting his arm and restoring it to its original state. "Only thing I could see inside was a huge glass tube full of red sparks." After a sigh of disappointment, he continues,"I can't maintain my transformations for long, either... I'm too groggy."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2017, 06:55:04 pm »

Jacob nods once again, before putting his hand to his chin thoughtfully. He then pokes his head into the engine room, scanning it over roboticly with his eyes, looking for any gear that might prove useful in getting to their goal.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2017, 07:11:27 pm »

Jacob nods once again, before putting his hand to his chin thoughtfully. He then pokes his head into the engine room, scanning it over roboticly with his eyes, looking for any gear that might prove useful in getting to their goal.

((Just want to clarify: does that mean you're opening the door a little bit?))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2017, 07:19:02 pm »

((Just want to clarify: does that mean you're opening the door a little bit?))

((Yep))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2017, 07:58:53 pm »

((Alrighty, then. Don't know if I'll have a cap on free actions, yet. Maybe three, then turn, if there's no combat?))

With a hand pressed to his chin in thought, his eyes squinting as he concentrated, Jacob turned to the door and slightly opened it. [6] While he was stealthy enough to keep anything from noticing, whatever's in there heard the sound of a door opening, as the moaning changed shifts. [Spot: 2] Sheer light from the pylons bathe his vision, making it difficult to see, and so he opens it a little more. [3-Spot: 6] This sound was much louder, and thus whatever's in there clearly noticed. Luckily, he can see into the room that there's nothing really there. There are six large glass tubes, in no way truly resembling pylons, which have sparking red electricity in them. There are two notable, yet obvious curiosities. One thing is that there is a shattered tank with glass broken around it. The other one is that there are two dead bodies. One has blonde hair and green eyes, and is wearing navy blue fatigues with a General's Beret of the same color. He died with a large hole in his chest. The other corpse is slumped over a computer, his face turned away from Jacob. He has messy, shoulder length black hair, and is wearing a labcoat. There seems to be something in his hand, but it's difficult to see. In addition, there are still blind spots behind every tube.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2017, 03:31:44 am »

"Let's go in and get a better look at this mess. Follow after me... or don't. Doesn't matter much, I'd likely kill any enemy I find just fine on my own."

Temper epidermis into a harder, more metallic state, trying to turn my outer skin into a thick layer of some form of organic steel-like metal. Enter the room.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:49:02 am by Mallos »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9