Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 72226 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 5: Blood and Wine.
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2017, 05:39:00 pm »

Turn 6: Mediocre Results

INIT:
Glass/Ash Hong(93)
DoctorMcTaalik/DrM(72)
OceanSoul/Blue(24-20=4)
Yottawhat/Curtis(64)
Mallos/Ckaeyod(83)
Golem(31)
NAV/Dave Blade(83)

Ash Hong took the chance the Dryad gave him and ran.

...whelp, there were certainly far worse ways that could have gone. I mean, I'm not dead.
Run like hell toward the wastes.

Run Luke Ash Hong Run!(2)

Ash Hong took off, as expected. But perhaps his earlier searching had tired him, or maybe the terror got into his legs. Whatever the cause, he didn't make it to the edge before the Dryad began to come after him. Ash could see the Dryad coming after him. But it wasn't too much further. Surely the Dryad would stop chasing him if he made it to the rocky wastes.

Meanwhile, Ckaeyod and Dave Blade were doing far less dangerous things.

Spoiler: GM only pls (click to show/hide)

Knife Removal!(2)

Ckaeyod walked over to Derm's corpse, glaring menacingly at him. Something of Derm's hate seemed to have infused the kukri, however, for Ckaeyod couldn't get it out no matter how hard he tried. At least the new guy didn't take advantage of Ckaeyod's distraction.

Casually walk west.

"Heh, these fools just don't know who they're dealing with."

Open the "wine". Smell it. Take a small sip.

Dave Blade wasn't currently fighting. No, he was walking west. Into a blazing hot desert.

At least he had a refreshment. Dave popped open the cork on his wine bottle and sniffed. Surprisingly, it smelled like a well made red wine. Dave sipped. Red wine, well crafted.

Connoisseur!(3)

There was definitely something interesting about the taste, but Dave couldn't quite grasp it.

Affinity!(4)

The wine's taste, however, was second to its magic properties, and those Dave could detect easier. The wine had granted him some sort of two-state ability, but at the moment, the ability was very weak. Interesting.

DrM was taking an action that echoed that of Ash Hong, and the Golem was taking one that echoed that of the Dryad.

Spoiler: DM (click to show/hide)

Running.

Running!(2)

And having similar results. He made progress. But it wasn't enough to make it free yet. On the other hand, the Golem was following awfully slowly, so he probably still had a chance to make it before the Golem caught up to him.

Curtis was one of the two players taking violent action.

Leap up and slam dunk my shield onto Blue's head.

Shield Slam!(5) vs. Oh Shoot No!(4-1=3)

BAM!(3) vs. Resist it!(2)

Curtis leaped forward and brought his shield down on Blue's head. If it was a bit more forceful, it might have caused serious damage. That said, the positioning was good enough that it dizzied Blue regardless.

...If I were to move Derm's arms so that he threw the loot into the pit while dead, would that technically count for him? Anyway, I can keep fighting! Throw the knife at his head this time. Would it be possible to break his shield?

The dizzying delayed Blue's retort for a long while, but eventually he took his knife and lobbed it at Curtis.

Knife Throw!(3-1-1=1) vs. Block!(4)

Curtis' block may have been slightly sloppy(only slightly, though), but it didn't matter because Blue's knife throw lodged in the wall of the pit.

~~~
Statuses:

Spoiler: Ash Hong (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm's Corpse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DrM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Curtis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ckaeyod (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. Also, if you have any tips for improving my writing, let me know.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 6: Mediocre Results
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2017, 05:42:56 pm »

Run the rest of the way. Don't die.
If I die, I want to take control of the dryad. But before I actually die, I will take a bite out of the apple (if it comes down to that).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2017, 07:51:19 pm »

Drink enough of the wine that I can test what the ability is, but try to keep it secret.
"Good thing I brought these shades into this sun-drenched desert. It pays to be prepared, and I'm always prepared for anything."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2017, 08:26:03 pm »

I wonder if the kukri is enchanted (more than it already was) now...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2017, 08:39:48 pm »

Spoiler: GM Only (click to show/hide)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2017, 10:29:01 pm »

Shank Blue in the stomach with the throwing knife.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2017, 10:58:06 am »

Stab with another knife! Double wield 'em!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2017, 11:24:18 am »

Turn 7: Standard Deviation Increased

INIT:
Glass/Ash Hong(95)
DoctorMcTaalik/DrM(73)
OceanSoul/Blue(65)
Yottawhat/Curtis(10)
Mallos/Ckaeyod(79)
Golem(14)
NAV/Dave Blade(45)
Dryad(78)

Run the rest of the way. Don't die.
If I die, I want to take control of the dryad. But before I actually die, I will take a bite out of the apple (if it comes down to that).

Keep Running!(5)

The Dryad hot on his metaphorical tail, Ash Hong dashed and didn't trip, making it all the way to the border, and past it. He turned and faced the Dryad, who glared at him and then retreated into the forest.

Meanwhile, Ckaeyod...

Repeated Knife Removal!(3)

It was as if Derm's neck was grabbing the knife. That said, Ckaeyod made progress. (+1 to getting it free from now on)

Back to running, DrM and his dinosaur were running as fast as they could away from the Golem...

Run Run Run!(4)

Perhaps if the Golem had been a little faster to act, DrM wouldn't have made it... but DrM made it. To the center circle with a guy with a revolver glaring at him. Meanwhile, the Golem stopped and began walking ever so slowly back to the cave.

Blue, despite his dizziness, was next to act.

Stab with another knife! Double wield 'em!

Box?!(5)

Thankfully, Blue had kept ahold of his box of knives. As evidenced by the fact it was still playing music.

Curtis seemed to be playing at chivalry, so Blue withdrew two knives from the box, stood up, and stabbed!

Shank HIM!(1-1=0) vs. Block!(2)

It could have gone much better. Instead...

Critical Fail!(1)

Well, perhaps lunging while dizzy and with a twisted ankle wasn't the best of ideas. Blue was now lying prone, at Curtis' mercy. And his knives had gotten loose from his hands in the process. And his box was back in the mini-pit. Wonderful. [/sarcasm]

Before Curtis did that, however, Dave Blade experimented with his wine.

Drink enough of the wine that I can test what the ability is, but try to keep it secret.
"Good thing I brought these shades into this sun-drenched desert. It pays to be prepared, and I'm always prepared for anything."

Connoisseur!(5)

Dave noted the exact flavors and interesting factors of the wine. And then he felt the equivalent of a glass he drunk take hold.

And then he pulled the curtain down on the camera. If somebody else was near him, they could probably see what he was doing, but since there wasn't anybody, his powers went secret...

Finally, Curtis grabbed his throwing knife...

Shank Blue in the stomach with the throwing knife.

Shank! In the Back, Unfortunately!(2) vs. Dodge?(5-1-1=3)

It was a very lazy attack. And in spite of his condition... well, it was more like a tiny bit of effort threw off Curtis' aim.

~~~
Statuses:

Spoiler: Ash Hong (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm's Corpse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DrM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Curtis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ckaeyod (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. Also, if you have any tips for improving my writing, let me know.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, are there any knives available to me right now, or no?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Knapp some rocks together into knives.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Chug, and test the power some more, carefully and mysteriousecretly.
Keep the bottle.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, are there any knives available to me right now, or no?
Two knives are on the floor of the pit, just out of reach.

Another two are in the box back in the mini-pit.

One's lodged in the pit wall, while another's in Curtis' hand.

You are currently lying prone.

Bump for people.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Obtain closest knives, and be ready to defend self.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38