Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 45584 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2: Surprisingly competent
« Reply #225 on: July 06, 2017, 11:06:56 am »

"Well, that was close, Vic. I guess this turret only shoots at heads, so I'll be fine."

Go into the armory and grab some weapons. Focus on stuff that still works and/or is different from modern weapons.

You step past bleeding Vik into the armory that still has a functional gauss turret. You are reminded about this when the turret in ceiling moves its aim to your chest.

[Dex: 6]

Not wanting to die just yet you jump backwards on Vik.

[Vik Dex: 6]

Despite of being mostly blinded Vik notices the flying cyborg that's about land on him and dodges right. Right into line of sight with the turret.

[Vik End: 4]

The turret jerks in middle of firing solution to switch targets. This saves Vik's life. Instead of getting face full of hypersonic ferrous metal he merely gets new tear into his suit and a road rash on his left biceps before he half rolls half jumps out of firing line. He's still in the hallway with others, but has open door of death between them and him. And still bleeding.

Shoot out the turret, then craw back . Just be ready to completely and utterly kill citop in every meaning possible if he tries to do any more harm to me
"Agh what the hell you chrome metal dick!"

You didn't notice his attempt for your life, except this new accidental one. But your angry shout is still very well placed.

You pull up your face plate in order to actually see something. It helps, but cracked glass still hinders a little. It might be better idea to simply discard whole helmet, it's not like it can help you anymore.

[Con: 4]

You have pretty good idea where the turret is now, so you perform "run by and shoot" operation past the door, which you are pretty sure hits home. At least it didn't shoot you again. On plus side you are back to right side of the door where the medic can reach you without endangering her own life.

Joanna waits outside of the armory. She'd been meaning to go in, but... gauss shots are not very encouraging. "Is someone wounded in there? Come here if you need some help. Or just moan in pain if you can't move."

Vik and Citotp are both in safe location the moment, as in not walking to be shot by automated defenses. Although it looks like they are doing their hardest to get killed.

"Fer fuck's sake. I only just get access to every camera in this place and already I see two of you jokers half dead on the floor! How did you even get hurt, the only moving thing other than us I can see is on level floor!

By the way, I'm sending the compiled maps to everyones PDA. Level 4 seems to be our best bet to find the mainframe. There's several rooms with lots of computers there, as well as a generator and ceiling turrets. Oh, and there's the one room in this entire complex that shut with a blast door and has no camera inside, so that's probably where the mainframe is.

Level 3 also has an armory and an important looking office, in case we want to loot some shit."

Just for the record, everyone gets a copy of the compiled maps.

Then get working on getting access to the security systems. If successful, Switch turrets and other automatic defences on non-active

More shooting... Greedy bastards just can't wait a little until it's safe.

[Aux: 4]

Defenses are now mostly off. And as long as nobody breaks anything they should also stay off.

Stay in cover near the armory and prep to loot the dead

You follow the medic to armory. So far nobody died, though no lack of trying.

((oops))
"Freaky!"

Go hug the skeleton.  Maybe he has the secret to this complex?

[Dex: 3]
[Skelly Dex: 1]
[Str: 1]
[Skelly Str: 3]

You give the skelly gentlest hug you can, softly caressing those fragile bones. It rejects your advances and pushes you off, though not very strongly. Playing hard to get, huh? Well, two can play that game!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 06, 2017, 11:48:10 am »

Get up and remove helmet,stay behind Citop as he enters the room, if he lives then rush in and loot a rifle or two and a hand gun, if citop tries to do anything hostile to me, end him, completely
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:38:24 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 06, 2017, 03:11:13 pm »

For the third time walk into the armory and loot shit. Get the good stuff before the coward magpie goes in.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 06, 2017, 04:11:19 pm »

For the third time walk into the armory and loot shit. Get the good stuff before the coward magpie goes in.
do the same
No sig yet

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 06, 2017, 05:10:07 pm »

"Hey guys, I managed to get most of the defences off. I might have missed some, so stay a little cautious, yeah?"

Double check if I turned off the stuff around/in the armory, without actually changing any setting, just looking. If yes, go and search the armory with the other.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2017, 02:49:27 pm »

Tickle slap fight the skeleton until it submits!  Disarm it too probably.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 07, 2017, 03:07:10 pm »

"Can I get a share of whatever it is you're grabbing, in exchange for not letting you just bleed out? Seriously, I've only got so much supplies."

Well, do medic stuff for the guy that I can reach without endangering my life. If nobody manages to turn the defense systems back on, then go and help the other guy too.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 07, 2017, 03:14:03 pm »

"I do not think that bleeding out is much of a danger given that I no longer have blood. Did you not notice that my head was missing? The fact that I'm still moving after that is surely a sign that I do not need your help at the moment. You may have a share of the loot anyway."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2017, 05:15:32 pm »

"Just want one gun, you guys can have the rest."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 08, 2017, 12:19:06 pm »

Get up and remove helmet,stay behind Citop as he enters the room, if he lives then rush in and loot a rifle or two and a hand gun, if citop tries to do anything hostile to me, end him, completely
do the same

Citotp enters the armory and this time nothing tries to kill him. He grabs two neat looking rifles from closest weapon racks. Vik joins looting after taking off his helmet. Just like Citotp he grabs pair of rifles and a smaller pistol. Maya too follows their example and grabs last two rifles.

Guns are all nice and neat, but they do not come with ammo. Apparently magazines are kept elsewhere.

"Hey guys, I managed to get most of the defences off. I might have missed some, so stay a little cautious, yeah?"

Double check if I turned off the stuff around/in the armory, without actually changing any setting, just looking. If yes, go and search the armory with the other.

As far as you can tell, yes, defense system is off. You scamper off to the armory, dragging half conscious Bastien along, and grab the last gauss pistol there.

Tickle slap fight the skeleton until it submits!  Disarm it too probably.

[Dex: 2]
[Skelly Dex: 3]
[Skelly Str: 5]
[Str: 5]

For a walking pile of dry bones the skeleton is suprisingly strong, trying to wrestle himself off your hug and line up another shot with your head.  Frankly your head has one hole too much and you don't want another even if it doesn't seem to kill you. The situation ends up as long struggle, each grapping other's wrists in desperate attempt to gain full control of the pistol.

Stepan stands up.

"Can I get a share of whatever it is you're grabbing, in exchange for not letting you just bleed out? Seriously, I've only got so much supplies."

Well, do medic stuff for the guy that I can reach without endangering my life. If nobody manages to turn the defense systems back on, then go and help the other guy too.

Seems to be safe wander around near turrets for now. You find your bleeding patient and inspect him.

[Med: 2] Hmm, well... missing ear is probably bad. As are all those glass and metal shards embedded in his face. But he won't die. You shrug and move to the next man.

[Med: 2] You poke a bit around wires and other stuff in his torn open neck stump. He seems perfectly fine, like straight from factory. "Stay cool and don't lose your head."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2017, 12:58:09 pm »

Open the desk and search through it before wandering off torwards the next room.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:36:29 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2017, 09:48:37 pm »

Subdue the skeleton!  No bonehead will beat the mighty Filgres!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2017, 08:52:19 am »

Checking my corners and double checking if I shut down all relevant defences, try to make my way to room 2 on level 3, the important looking one with the suicided skeleton. Look for relevant data there.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 11, 2017, 10:30:37 am »

Open the desk and search through it before wandering off torwards the next room.

Drawers of the desk crumble into dust when you try pull it open, effectively breaking whatever that was inside. At least nothing obviously solid and sizable enough can be found from the pile. Rising dust makes you cough.

There are two rooms you could go to. One directly south of the armory, but the closed metal door appears very hard to break or open. Another is north of the armory, likewise behind a secure door.

Spoiler: Level 2 (click to show/hide)

Subdue the skeleton!  No bonehead will beat the mighty Filgres!

[Dex: 4]
[Skelly Dex: 2]
[Str: 3]
[Skelly Str: 6]

A deft maneuver puts you behind the skelly where you give him a bear hug. It manages to wrestly itself free, however, snapping both of its arms off in progress.

[Stepan Dex: 2]
[Dex: 2]

Stepan stumbles towards you, blindly grasping air for support but fails to find any.

Checking my corners and double checking if I shut down all relevant defences, try to make my way to room 2 on level 3, the important looking one with the suicided skeleton. Look for relevant data there.

You head back to the stairs and follow them down the level 3. Incidentally that's as low as these stairs will take you. The elevator doors directly south of stairs are little bulged outwards, just enough to be noticeable. After confirming there's nothing that would hurt you you follow the clean corridor to north and then to east towards you goal, stopping shortly to observe the skeletons and the open door leading north near the room 2.

It's a large open room, edges being covered by computer stations. The center is completely empty, except pair of meter wide half spheres embedded in ceiling. The room has been a site for firefight and victims have not been removed. Three skeletons are laying on floor in pieces, bones clearly cut by something sharp. Fourth victim is sitting on a lonely seat. This one has a bladed metal wire through his skull, one end hanging limp from skull, other end hidden behind his back.

Shaking your head for this insanity you head to room 2. Again double checking there's nothing actively dangerous you open the door.

This room is, or was, well decorated. Walls were probably painted originally, but now paint has mostly flaked off, only few faded sections still hanging on supercrete walls by almost collapsed bookshelves. Pair of decorative lamps are fixed on ceiling, only screws are left of the third. Four broken seats are facing a wide table in front of the grinning skeleton. Only objects on the table are a completely featureless book, same bland color as walls are, and a plate with some writing on it. You can barely make out words "Lt  Co* Ron**" (* being unreadable letter).

Spoiler: Level 3 (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 11, 2017, 02:57:45 pm »

Follow Grits, who seems to know what's up.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23