Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 45579 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2: Surprisingly competent
« Reply #210 on: July 02, 2017, 04:12:56 pm »

"Aha, at last!"

Go to the first now-exposed camera I come across in try to link it up with my PDA, then have a root around their network to see what I can access.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 04, 2017, 01:21:09 pm »

crouch down and survey what can be seen in the room, slowly peek into it before waving an arm in, if the arm remains intact enter legs first crouched down and ready to shoot anything hostile
Once Vic is beside the door and waving his arm in front of it, push him into the room.

Citotp makes space for Vik. The second Vik turns his back to the robot man and focus surveying the armory, Citotp spurs into action.

[Dex: 6]
[Vik Dex: 2]
[Str: 3]
[Vik Str: 6]

Citopt plants his hands on Vik's exoskeleton and pushes, but Vik, mostly thanks to said exoskeleton, stands like a wall. He doesn't even notice this attempt for his life.

Vik crouches and observes the room as he can. Hmm, lots of weapon racks, about half are empty, rest have better looking gauss rifles than what he has seen before. South wall has a larger security door that looks like it could take a small nuke and still work as intented. He also spots corner of a desk near it. He peeks further in.

[Dex: 2]
[End: 4]

Vik's faceplate goes suddenly dark and a loud bang deafens his ear. He recoils back and touches the helmet wondering what happened. When his gloved hand finds only sharp and ragged edge of the helmet on right side he becomes suddenly aware of the pain on his right ear.

What happened here was a supersonic metal slug ripping apart right side of his helmet, taking his right ear along and causing lots of deep cuts with high velocity debris of his helmet. All damage done to his helmet causes his suit cease mostl of its functions.

"Aha, at last!"

Go to the first now-exposed camera I come across in try to link it up with my PDA, then have a root around their network to see what I can access.

Unbothered by yet another gauss rifle shot somewhere in the complex you start working.

[Handi: 5] The camera isn't wireless thing so you need to detach it first, and considering the connector isn't exactly the standard one, you have to do some wild jury rigging and cutting to make it more compatible. Thankfully it isn't too different from current standards.

[Aux: 5] First thing to do before connecting ancient technology to your not very powerful wristpad computer is to ensure you stay in control. A small quickly written program secures your system against any possible counter activity. Once your personal security is quaranteed, it is time to work out the communication protocol this complex uses between its endpoints. Thankfully once again it's very similar to what is widely used and that cuts down lot of working time. From there it doesn't take long to break encryption and start injecting your own commands in. By using exposed security camera feed you bypass lots of security systems and gain access to all functional cameras, lights, ventilation and with some additional work you could even get your hands on all active security systems. Fow now you go through all cameras and compile a rough map from what you can get.

Spoiler: Level 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Level 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Level 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Level 5 (click to show/hide)

In overall it seems like a fight has taken place here. Cuts in some walls, bullet holes in others, few long dead skeletons, and as far as you can tell from decay, all of them are wearing very similar looking uniform.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 04, 2017, 02:23:55 pm »

"Well, that was close, Vic. I guess this turret only shoots at heads, so I'll be fine."

Go into the armory and grab some weapons. Focus on stuff that still works and/or is different from modern weapons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 04, 2017, 03:45:06 pm »

Shoot out the turret, then craw back . Just be ready to completely and utterly kill citop in every meaning possible if he tries to do any more harm to me
"Agh what the hell you chrome metal dick!"
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:58:34 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 04, 2017, 04:04:50 pm »

Joanna waits outside of the armory. She'd been meaning to go in, but... gauss shots are not very encouraging. "Is someone wounded in there? Come here if you need some help. Or just moan in pain if you can't move."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 04, 2017, 04:22:51 pm »

"Citop tried to get my bloody head shot off!"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 04, 2017, 04:31:51 pm »

"And what evidence do you have to support that assessment of the situation?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2017, 04:53:15 pm »

"Fer fuck's sake. I only just get access to every camera in this place and already I see two of you jokers half dead on the floor! How did you even get hurt, the only moving thing other than us I can see is on level floor!

By the way, I'm sending the compiled maps to everyones PDA. Level 4 seems to be our best bet to find the mainframe. There's several rooms with lots of computers there, as well as a generator and ceiling turrets. Oh, and there's the one room in this entire complex that shut with a blast door and has no camera inside, so that's probably where the mainframe is.

Level 3 also has an armory and an important looking office, in case we want to loot some shit."

Just for the record, everyone gets a copy of the compiled maps.

Then get working on getting access to the security systems. If successful, Switch turrets and other automatic defences on non-active
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 06:23:37 pm by Pancaek »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2017, 06:14:55 pm »

"Shut up just destroy the turret!"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2017, 06:22:35 pm »

"Well maybe next time ye'll check yer corners! Look, I'll work on getting access to the security systems, but it's not easy with just this shitty PDA."

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2017, 08:23:57 pm »

Stay in cover near the armory and prep to loot the dead
No sig yet

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2017, 09:53:24 pm »

"Are the half-dead ones the ones in the Armory, or did I miss someone I need to treat?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2017, 10:21:26 pm »

"we're in the armory, warning there's a turret."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2017, 10:57:00 pm »

Sorry if I was unclear, bu nobody is in the armory but in the hallway, just outside of the door leading there.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2017, 11:59:57 pm »

((oops))
"Freaky!"

Go hug the skeleton.  Maybe he has the secret to this complex?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23