Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: ED Mission 2: Not so competent after all  (Read 45594 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 2: Surprisingly competent
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2017, 12:21:23 pm »

Wander torwards the end of the room we haven't gone through yet prepare to cover those running into the room

The door leading east from kitchen is a thick one. Not armored per se, but just otherwise thick. It's also stuck.

[Str: 5] ((My dice roller must be broken, you people shouldn't be getting this many 5's.))

You pull plant your feet on wall and use strength of your whole body to pull. The moment you feel it giving up you ease up and follow the door to side without letting anything inside to see you. Others can take the bullet for you.

See if I can't connect to one of those camera's with  wristpad somehow to gain access to the facility's camera network.

Like I said to spazyak, those cameras are embedded into the wall. But I assume you decided to work with it anyway. So.

[Handi: 6] To get access to the cameras you must first get them out of wall. And for that you need tools. You don't have any tools, but Filgres has created good amount of rubble while deconstructing the room. You handily craft a sledgehammer from metal table leg, power cable and some of most clunky pieces of metal furniture you can find. It's prohibitively heavy thing.

[Str: 2] And you can't even lift it. Damn it. Only if you had a exoskeleton powered buddy...

((This is great))

"Must be in the next room!"

RUN through the door and start searching the next room!

Vik opened the door for you already so you don't need to hurt yourself. The room next to the kitchen has no lights, but with your headlamps light it up well enough. It's a room full of shelves. Only few of the shelves actually have boxes on them. You rummage through them only to find that they contain vacuum packed dry foods. Most are completely unedible, their "best before" date being couple of centuries ago. But there are few packages that seem to be still safe to eat.

[Gen. Know: 1] Wait a minute! Robots don't eat food! Clearly they must have used human slave labour to produce the chemical weapons! How utterly irresponsible! Outrageous!

Spoiler: Level 2 (click to show/hide)

stay in cover by the door the guy just ran through

You take your place by the door on opposite side of Vik. You briefly consider of locking the guy in because he's now passionately foaming about slaves, robots and chemical weapons.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2017, 12:40:54 pm »

comms: "Say, I don't suppose one of you fine people would be interested in helping me sledgehammer one of these cameras out of the wall? I want to access one to see if I can't tap into whatever infrastructure is still functional in this place."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2017, 12:47:14 pm »

"Fine, I'll help you."

Go sledge hammer the cameras out.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2017, 12:54:38 pm »

"Thanks. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to find something neat in their system.

Do try not to damage the camera's too much, I'll need something left to connect to."

Give Vic the sledgehammer. If Vic manages to get one of the camera's out, connect to one of those camera's with my wristpad to gain access to the facility's (camera) network. If succesful, dig around to see if I can't find anything useful for our mission. Like a map. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 07:54:03 am by Pancaek »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2017, 07:49:11 pm »

"This place is outrageous!"
Charge down the right hallway into the next room!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2017, 10:27:57 pm »

Head into the base and figure out what the hell is going on. Try to find a place I can go explore away from the fools.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2017, 10:48:34 pm »

"Hey, when we're done could I keep this hammer? Might try and get it improved."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2017, 07:51:43 am »

"Sure thing, I just kind of made it on a whim anyway. Think of it as a gift for helping me out with the camera's."

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2017, 02:18:37 am »

Follow the Filgres Toaster person into the next room. Defend him from bourgeois capitalist pigs.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2017, 02:19:54 pm »

"Fine, I'll help you."

Go sledge hammer the cameras out.

The hammer changes hands and careful deconstruction work starts.

[Str: 2] Or not. You spend time wondering how exactly you should aim your strikes not to smash the camera in progress.

"Thanks. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to find something neat in their system.

Do try not to damage the camera's too much, I'll need something left to connect to."

Give Vic the sledgehammer. If Vic manages to get one of the camera's out, connect to one of those camera's with my wristpad to gain access to the facility's (camera) network. If succesful, dig around to see if I can't find anything useful for our mission. Like a map. 

Looks like he needs some pointers how to use the hammer. You can't believe he doesn't know that already, despite of promising to be your muscle. Well, even muscles needs brain in before they can do any useful work... Better teach him intricacies of hammering.

"This place is outrageous!"
Charge down the right hallway into the next room!

You run out of the food storage, vaulting over the large hole between fake kitchen and fake mess hall, down into next hallway completely disregading any self preservation and cautiousness that may be yelling in back of your head. The door to first room crashes open when you shoulder slam into it. You roll in with the same motion and stand up ready to tear this place apart.

This room is about same size as the fake mess hall, but clearly for different purpose. The wall facing doors has a pair of massive displays covering entire height of room. Both displays have a bunch of nice looking couches in front of them. Various tables and sofas are placed around in pleasant fashion, couple of familiar looking datapads scattered around near them. Then you start noticing the damage. The massive screen closest to you is broken, its surface shattered by couple of holes large enough to push your arm in. Some sofas have very long and deep cuts criss-crossing and smaller holes through them. There's a hole in ceiling by the screen couches and pile of dust underneath it, as if someone shot ceiling with a gauss rifle. And on the couch closest to the ceiling punch hole sits a skeleton. Top of its skull is missing.

Head into the base and figure out what the hell is going on. Try to find a place I can go explore away from the fools.

Recovering from your self induced headache you follow footsteps of your teammates downstairs. Thankfully they have left quite obvious traces on the floor, so once you reach the second floor its easy to tell in which direction they went to. You give brief examination to the now empty elevator shaft next to stairs, before deciding to keep your distance from the guys and advancing in direction they clearly did not go: west.

Directly west of the elevator is a short corridor with six doors, three on each side facing each other in symmetrical manner. You kick open first one on right side. It reveals a room filled with collapsed beds and lockers. It's basically screaming for military barracks. No fancy skeletons in here. Apart for damage from time, it all seems to perfectly ordered. As if beds were made on morning and simply left alone for hundred years.

Follow the Filgres Toaster person into the next room. Defend him from bourgeois capitalist pigs.

You follow his dexterous example with less theatrics and end up in same room with him. Turns out he doesn't need any protection, capitalist pigs have already handled that part by themselves.

Spoiler: Level 2 (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2017, 04:42:30 pm »

If this is the barracks, the armory should be close to here. Use intuition to figure out which door on this hall leads to valuable weapons, and kick that one open. I am not communicating what I'm doing to the magpie, he has no reason to know if I find valuable stuff.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2017, 04:52:52 pm »

just bash a hole in the wall near a camera then walk off to the others who have ran off
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2017, 06:19:46 pm »

Can I like project some lines on the wall with my PDA, to help Vic aim his sledgehammer shots? If so, do so.

If he manages to bash a camera free, do the thing I wanted to do last turn.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2017, 06:25:16 pm »

Any obvious turrets or defenses?  If no, let's check a couple random datapads.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2017, 11:16:39 am »

Search the room I'm in with Filgres for any hostiles, nobility, business people, potential threats, and any other stuff that might need killing. Also check for loot.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23