Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check  (Read 12983 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2017, 04:36:07 pm »

Because I don't want to keep you up, I'm gonna give you the barebones microupdate.

Lizard wizard (I love saying that): is willing to teach both races equally, otherwise best arguement for the merits of your race and why it should choose yours over the other.

Cursed prince (not nearly as fun to say as lizard wizard): He's partial towards Stolen's offer and is going to inquire more about it. He's rather afraid that if he gets turned into a silver golem, he's still going to have the blood fountain issue which would be a hilarious torturous development.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2017, 04:37:46 pm »

Also on the Bluexdog issue, it requires half of players minus one. So four I think. This will permanently add another player to the game, so it requires a bit more support than one slimy storm.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2017, 04:39:25 pm »

Because I don't want to keep you up, I'm gonna give you the barebones microupdate.

Lizard wizard (I love saying that): is willing to teach both races equally, otherwise best arguement for the merits of your race and why it should choose yours over the other.

Cursed prince (not nearly as fun to say as lizard wizard): He's partial towards Stolen's offer and is going to inquire more about it. He's rather afraid that if he gets turned into a silver golem, he's still going to have the blood fountain issue which would be a hilarious torturous development.
Thanks. I was definitely not hoping for the blood fountain thing to happen, nope.  :P

Mo doesn't care enough to argue, so I'll suggest we split the costs then.

How much would Stolen's thing cost by the way?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2017, 05:17:42 pm »

Depends on what they actually plan on doing.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2017, 05:45:18 pm »

Pretty much transfer his soul and memories into a Shade (sorry shade) and then 'kill' his body and perpetually preserve it so that he can puppet it (or any other empty body) with impunity.

Upsides:  Technical immortality, bodysnatching, not turning into a statue, can survive even if the statue thing happens.

Downsides:  Body probably won't heal but could be stitched back together if mutilated, other possessed bodies won't have the preservation enchantment.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2017, 07:34:46 pm »

Roboson's Gods of Creation is back? I have fond memories of this, and participated in the first when I was a much less experienced roleplayer. I see there's quite a few players already, so I'll make a sheet for the waitlist.

Spoiler:  Gurblers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 07:42:33 pm by Ardent Debater »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2017, 08:28:03 pm »

Roboson's Gods of Creation is back? I have fond memories of this, and participated in the first when I was a much less experienced roleplayer. I see there's quite a few players already, so I'll make a sheet for the waitlist.

Spoiler:  Gurblers (click to show/hide)

I just sent you a PM.

For all who are interested, the process of adding a new God is fairly straightforward. Once a submission is approved by me, a new player gets to put in a request to join the game. If the gods accept the new player (half of the gods have to accept, a god may choose to obstain) then the player joins the next round. The god has a small budget of IP to use to entice the gods to allow them into the game.

As of now, it doesn't look like there's much interest in this process. So if most gods just vote, I'll probably add these two in.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2017, 12:58:06 am »

Pretty much transfer his soul and memories into a Shade (sorry shade) and then 'kill' his body and perpetually preserve it so that he can puppet it (or any other empty body) with impunity.

Upsides:  Technical immortality, bodysnatching, not turning into a statue, can survive even if the statue thing happens.

Downsides:  Body probably won't heal but could be stitched back together if mutilated, other possessed bodies won't have the preservation enchantment.
This sounds like it's be more expensive than just breaking the curse. Because you're breaking the curse on the body and turning the Prince's soul into a shade
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:19:16 am by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2017, 04:39:24 am »

Incidentally, roughly what would the process I outlined for side-stepping the Prince's curse cost?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2017, 10:09:21 am »

Incidentally, roughly what would the process I outlined for side-stepping the Prince's curse cost?
2 IP for transferring his soul into the body of a shade. 2 IP for divine embalming of his previous body.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2017, 10:22:36 am »

Gods why do you post so fast ;-;
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2017, 11:07:02 am »

From my perspective its been a bit slow. A good number of people have just passed since the beginning of the game, and the only new player made creations are a moss and a shrub, everything else is the result of petitions to the pantheon.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2017, 11:24:01 am »

From my perspective its been a bit slow. A good number of people have just passed since the beginning of the game, and the only new player made creations are a moss and a shrub, everything else is the result of petitions to the pantheon.

It'll probably pick up steam in the next 2-3 turns, when an ecosystem is in place and everyone has saved up IP.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2017, 03:17:43 pm »

no you've been fastu
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2017, 06:16:48 pm »

no you've been fastu

I can type at almost 100 words a minute, and so putting out big blocks of text is nothing. Of course thinking about all the stuff that goes into it takes time too. I update about once every 1.5 to 2 days.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13