Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check  (Read 12962 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2017, 03:56:33 am »

Are hidden actions a thing?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2017, 04:36:27 am »

Does voting for one of the beings petitioning for things in our plane count as an action?

Sort. You can take as many actions as you want and interact with the guests as much as you want. But if you're ending your turn with spending IP, you should let me know so I'm not waiting on that.

Are hidden actions a thing?
Depends on the action. Anything that triggers divine shield will likely be difficult to do secretly, for example. Send a PM bad we'll discuss it.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2017, 09:22:23 am »

Double Oceans for the win

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2017, 09:23:24 am »

I have an action I will take if nobody joins in with the proposed pact, but I'll reveal that if that comes to pass.  I won't end this turn not having spent any IP.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2017, 02:12:01 pm »

Turn one will likely end later this evening. I'm gonna push us onto turn 2 a bit quickly, that way you all have more IP to spend.

Spoiler: What I Have for Turn 1 (click to show/hide)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2017, 02:50:30 pm »

((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2017, 03:54:27 pm »

Our ocean will have layers, like a cake or something. Only we know how this works with the proposed wheel world design lol.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2017, 04:22:31 pm »

Yep. I shall enjoy this game hopefully.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2017, 04:56:21 pm »

Our ocean will have layers, like a cake or something. Only we know how this works with the proposed wheel world design lol.

Here's how I more or less envisioned the wheel-world thing. Honestly, I didn't describe it well the first time around.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Hub is the centre of the wheel and probably has some significance to it be it the home of the gods/the site of the universal city/vault of dangerous things/etc. The Hub can only be accessed via the Spokes.

Landmasses are the individual planes/continents created by the gods and are inhabited by the mundane. Landmasses form a metaphysical (but not physical) circle around the Hub. Rimward Gates connect metaphysically adjacent landmasses together, allowing travel between them. These Gates could either take the form of vast oceans or arcane portal gates.

Spokes are the entranceways to the Hub. The exit points in the Hub are always in the same location and are easily recognised. Their entrances on the Landmasses are however hidden and have the tendency to shift location every now and then. Usually, it is difficult to notice when a spoke is entered. Someone walking in a forest might accidently end up on a spoke and not realise that they've walked into the Hub until they actually get there.

In between the Rim and the Hub is the Aetherial Ocean, which is the source of all water in each landmass. Hypothetically, you could travel from any landmass to another by diving through the deep waters of an individual plane and going through the Ocean, but this would be extremely difficult.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2017, 04:59:58 pm »

Are there multiple planes going on here or is this all happening on the physical plane?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2017, 05:33:58 pm »

Yeah they're all on the physical plane.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2017, 09:52:47 pm »

I may have mucked up the points a bit. If anyone sees an issue with their points, point it out here and I'll fix it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2017, 10:10:39 pm »

So by "Win the game" do you mean this is a fight to the death?

Or does the world hit some sort of weird existential crisis where it can only accept one god?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2017, 10:15:36 pm »

So by "Win the game" do you mean this is a fight to the death?

Or does the world hit some sort of weird existential crisis where it can only accept one god?

There's not really a set in stone victory situation. Players are free to do whatever they want and have their own goals. If a players goal is to kill all the other gods, then they can achieve that goal if they want. If they want to have the most interesting race or ecosystem or whatever, then they can achieve that goal. There's no winning, no real direction. Gods can do what they want.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »

I have 10 IP (5 now) as I didn't technically use Maumanai's 5IP - Leaonardo8, you can have that back if you want.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13