Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check  (Read 12948 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation 2 Interest Check
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 03:18:20 pm »

Wait so I can't revive a city of mortals who are cruelly crushed by the evil of these other gods ;-;
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 03:25:23 pm »

Wait so I can't revive a city of mortals who are cruelly crushed by the evil of these other gods ;-;
Yes, exactly.  :(

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 03:30:14 pm »

Though generally we should ensure that crushing a city under a summoned mountain never happens in the first place :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 03:34:26 pm »

And herein-lays one of the greatest issues with the system. I could implement the divine shield principle (prevents gods from directly attacking enemy god's mortals), but that removes a fun tactical element. However, it would suck if the enemy just destroyed your whole civilization. But if I made it just 75% of cost, it would be much cheaper to resurrect them than to kill them, which is pretty backwards.

Basically I think it should be harder to resurrect people than to destroy them. But also should be around similar to cost to creating new people (making new souls vs. retrieving a particular soul from the afterlife and depositing it in the correct body), but cheaper by a bit.

Truly this is the hardest issue for me to figure out a solution to. So I'm going to think on that for a bit longer.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 03:38:19 pm »

Maybe institute a sort of divine truce for a certain number of turns that prevents attacks like that until mortals have spread out and grown in number?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 03:40:42 pm »

And herein-lays one of the greatest issues with the system. I could implement the divine shield principle (prevents gods from directly attacking enemy god's mortals), but that removes a fun tactical element. However, it would suck if the enemy just destroyed your whole civilization. But if I made it just 75% of cost, it would be much cheaper to resurrect them than to kill them, which is pretty backwards.

Basically I think it should be harder to resurrect people than to destroy them. But also should be around similar to cost to creating new people (making new souls vs. retrieving a particular soul from the afterlife and depositing it in the correct body), but cheaper by a bit.

Truly this is the hardest issue for me to figure out a solution to. So I'm going to think on that for a bit longer.

You could, when a god directly attacks in a way that can not be countered later, pause the action and let the other god have a chance to do something defensive.  Like a curse that makes people be in pain wouldn't be a pause but dropping a mountain on a city would.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 04:17:05 pm »

I put in a bit about divine shielding. Basically counterable attacks of all kinds are acceptable, but something that cannot be countered (so instantaneous attacks) are not ok. This means that resurrection can be used for whole populations at 75% of the cost of creating that many of a particular creature from scratch.

I think at some point we decided that 10,000 was the number of individuals you get during creation?  That normally would cost 20 IP. And one could, with a great deal of luck and ingenuity, kill that many in a minor disaster (5 points), but it would likely cost around 10 points to really get the job done. So it should be easier to kill mortals than resurrect them, AND each god is given an opportunity to block or counter the enemy action, which may or may not be cheaper than not saving them (depends on the situation).

Edit: Also, not to spoil anything, but resurrection will not be without its hazards. Just FYI.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:19:56 pm by Roboson »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 04:23:25 pm »

God Name: Zeer
Spheres: Chakra(life force), Cloth
Appearance: A short elf in a cloak, golden eyes burning bright, living wood staff gnarled.

Race Name: Shrouded Ones
Description: The Shrouded Ones are seven in number. When one dies(which is rare because of their extremely long lifespan and physical resilience), they may use their innate powers to convert another sentient being into a Shrouded One, but only until they reach the number seven. The Shrouded Ones seem human upon first glance, but looking closer, there are differences. For one thing, if one looked under their shroud, they would find nothing but a void. For another, they wear gloves for a reason. The truth is, the Shrouded Ones are the clothes they wear.
Culture: A species with so few beings can hardly have a culture. Rather, each Shrouded One takes a "focus", or a culture of their very own. Swordsmanship? Cooking? Gardening? Whatever it is, they specialize in it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 10:39:14 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 04:50:26 pm »

My suggestion for how you Decide who gets in would be to cap the starting players at 5, give Priority to players from the first game, and let more players in if you think you can handle 'em AND how much you like their sheets.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 05:02:33 pm »

I put in a bit about divine shielding. Basically counterable attacks of all kinds are acceptable, but something that cannot be countered (so instantaneous attacks) are not ok. This means that resurrection can be used for whole populations at 75% of the cost of creating that many of a particular creature from scratch.
Edit: Also, not to spoil anything, but resurrection will not be without its hazards. Just FYI.

Yes, i remember instantaneous attacks being a problem in the first game

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 05:44:43 pm »

Ok, here is the starting list.

Guldenix (NRDL), Waukahan (snowdwarf), Stolen (Iituem), Çupë (AbstractTraitorHero), Janos (Micelus), Maumanai (Leonardo 8 ), Mo (Demonic Spoon), and Netreth (Crazyabe), and Kyazir (Taricus).

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:52:13 pm by Roboson »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 05:47:39 pm »

...Damn you Mic, stealing my spot :V

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2017, 06:04:21 pm »

The god of apathy and the god of passion in the same pantheon? That will be interesting.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2017, 06:07:19 pm »

...Damn you Mic, stealing my spot :V

Not quite ;)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2017, 06:08:32 pm »

...Eh? I stole wot now?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13