Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469423 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #2970 on: November 06, 2018, 12:47:35 pm »

"Alright folks, looks like they knew we were coming. Maybe. They probably setup some bullshit magic ambush and are going to capture you and rip all your organs out or something. What I'm saying is have fun down there."

Circle around a bit farther and have everyone jump into a cleared area near cover. Once everyone is down, confirm that I have radio contact with them.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
[6]
You circle the plane around, bringing it into a steady pass several thousand feet up, and shout back that its time to jump.

"Hah, maybe I won't have to save your ass again this time, eh Ed?  Too bad we don't have Yarrick any more, that guy was the king of demolitions, I'm sure he could start an impressive fire for us!"

"...And oh my god, Mark, you're a genius!  I volunteer to be the train boarder!  I can totally manage it, I'm great with parachutes!"

Does Isabella (Simon's tank) get a complementary parachute for the duration of the mission, the same way all of us are getting parachutes?  Or do I *have* to buy one?  I'm sorely tempted to, if they're anything like reliable.

If Isabella won't be on the mission with us, is it possible we could have a fulton?  I know it's about a decade early, but the 888th has robotic prostheses nearly a century early, so maybe?  If they're at all reasonably priced (50 GLORY or less), Simon will totally buy a fulton so he can help take the place, and return to the plane to parachute back onto the train later!

ANYWAY, if either Isabella or a fulton is being taken along, Simon will be the first out, jumping the moment he thinks that he's clear, and that Tala's ready to follow.  He'll open his parachute as low as he thinks he can survive, and start stealthily making his way towards the Nazis the moment he's free of his chute.  If the drop location ends up being visible to the Nazis, he'll instead immediately take cover and start suppressing with his MG15, mostly to reduce the amount of shots directed at anyone still parachuting.

On the other hand, if neither Isabella or a fulton is being taken along, Simon will stay in the C-47 so that he can jump onto a train later.  He'll secure himself to the plane, then try and shoot at the Nazis out of the hatch, probably using his MG15 as he probably can't use a scoped rifle effectively.

The tank is being taken and parachuted down. In fact, I was assuming you were in it.  In any case I'll add you to the list of people wanting to jump first.

"Alright folks, looks like they knew we were coming. Maybe. They probably setup some bullshit magic ambush and are going to capture you and rip all your organs out or something. What I'm saying is have fun down there."
    "We got it Alice, we'll need you on ground too; all hands needed. Edward-," she said, nudging the possibly highest seniority dude around...
    "Been a while since we did this, eh, Simon? And this time, not everything is on fire! huh. They saw us coming? Maybe we should have set everything on fire first. Hmm."
    "We need orders from thereon. The ground will be pretty clear and we can fight to our niches. I don't want any word of our approach coming out."
    Stick with silenced sniper guy, and get ready for jump.
    Be his spotter for the first shots, because my rifle is darn loud.

If I can drop a smoke grenade ahead of time for it to activate in the air, let it be so.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
    One smoke grenade used.

Everyone, including Tobeis who gets physically dragged out of the plane, jumps when Alice gives them the signal. On the way down they get a good look at the troops arrayed at the train tracks. Two tanks, sandbag barricades, two dozen soldiers, spotlights. This is not some roving band of guards, this is a dedicated protection group who have been specifically stationed here. And that is a very bad sign. There should be no reason or way these soldiers would be here. They would only be here if they knew that this was the planned drop point. Which means they knew the mission was underway. And that means that they have inside knowledge of the movements and missions of one of the most secretive allied groups.

The target of the jump is a small line of trees maybe a mile away from the nazi soldiers. Its long enough that they can't be immediately lit up, at least not easily, but close enough that they can go engage quickly after landing. And they're gonna need to because chances are the tank shells are gonna start arcing in soon enough.  Carolina, Simon, Gwen, and Robert all land right on target, sheltered by the half dozen or so  trees next to the tracks.  Ed and Denver land on the tracks, Tala lands a good several hundred feet away, along with her obscuring smoke grenade, and  Mark and Jimmy both end up tangled in the tree branches. The Tank also goes off course, drifting down and landing awkwardly wedged against an embankment maybe 150 feet away from the landing zone.

The nazi forces are not moving from their entrenched point, but they've clearly noticed you.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2971 on: November 06, 2018, 01:02:46 pm »

Bob cuts himself loose from his shoot, before getting low to the ground. Best not let the Nazis get an easy shot on him at least.

Get low to the ground, get rifle ready to lay down suppressive fire if any one tries to shoot at Mark and Jimmy in the tree branches. Map might be nice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:05:51 am by Strider03 »
    Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
    And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • 200 versions of the same catboy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2972 on: November 06, 2018, 01:04:49 pm »

*upon noticing that the Krauts don't seem to be moving anytime soon, Toby stops digging his foxhole, having already cut himself loose from his 'chute.* "Guess we gotta go to them. Shit. Where's the tank Simon?"
    cautiously advance, diving straight to the ground and THEN digging a foxhole as soon as relatively accurate fire is sent my way. Or gauge my chances of making it to the tank without getting lit up like a oil tanker that's just been bombed by a bunch of eco-terrorists. If I think I can make it, do so.

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 08:29:33 am by Redjive_Industries »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
    • Ah
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2973 on: November 06, 2018, 03:15:55 pm »

How far am I off the ground? check if I can survive the fall. if so, cut myself loose. otherwise, try to climb onto a nearby branch, and then cut the parachute off.
    "scratchy. "
    Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
    • DiceBane
      • View Profile
    Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
    « Reply #2974 on: November 06, 2018, 04:01:41 pm »

Get to the tank and, using our secret code ("Hey Simon, it's Ed, Let me in!"), get in and get the tank mobile so as to be a less stationary target.

"They knew we were coming. But they only brought two tanks. Unless they've got some more hidden nearby, which they probably do."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2975 on: November 06, 2018, 04:33:46 pm »

I am also here maybe?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
    Quote from: you know who you are
    21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
    Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
    • Ah
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2976 on: November 06, 2018, 06:15:04 pm »

*upon noticing that the Krauts don't seem to be moving anytime soon, Toby stops digging his foxhole, having already cut himself loose from his 'chute.* "Guess we gotta go to them. Shit. Where's the tank Simon?"
    cautiously advance, diving straight to the ground and THEN digging a foxhole as soon as relatively accurate fire is sent my way. Or gauge my chances of making it to the tank without getting lit up like a oil tanker that's just been bombed by a bunch of eco-terrorists. If I think I can make it, do so.
    add character sheet!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • Wannabe Shitposter
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2977 on: November 06, 2018, 06:31:13 pm »

Where did I land? In any case, cut myself loose and get to cover.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
    I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
    It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
    There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: 888th Brigade
    « Reply #2978 on: November 06, 2018, 08:12:21 pm »

Forgot to post during last turn, sorry. Where am I and where did I land?

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
    The dog behind the man behind the beard.
    Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
    You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • Requires music to get through the working day.
      • View Profile
    Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
    « Reply #2979 on: November 06, 2018, 08:39:35 pm »

Drop chute by the track, go into cover in the woods away from the rest for the group. Stay in cover, stay silent, and stay hidden. Advance slowly while staying in cover. Stay far away from the tank.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
    In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
    One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
    • Seeker of Knowledge
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2980 on: November 07, 2018, 01:07:06 am »

Check the area directly around us. Keeping an eye out for Nazi’s, and searching for any traps or anything like that.
    Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
    I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • 200 versions of the same catboy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2981 on: November 07, 2018, 08:29:59 am »

add character sheet!
    (thanks, might've just saved my life)

Hotfire90

« Reply #2982 on: November 07, 2018, 11:48:19 am »

Advance slowly while staying low and in cover. Take potshots if they start firing at us.
    Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
    • I'll find something to put here... eventually
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2983 on: November 08, 2018, 05:31:21 pm »

Cut the shute, get to the tank.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
    RTD Graveyard
    Many people have gone missing or died.
    I don't remember their names.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • Life is too short for worries
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2984 on: November 08, 2018, 09:13:05 pm »

[...]Tala lands a good several hundred feet away, along with her obscuring smoke grenade, and  Mark and Jimmy both end up tangled in the tree branches.
    Any way I can cut these dudes down? Because prioritize doing so safely first.

If I can't do that or otherwise have more time to act: Binoculars or scope out the area, try to pinpoint any spotters, snipers, or communications units and get a good vantage point for shooting; if I have time, take time to aim so I predictably have lesser chance to miss. Fire back if I can clearly see the shooter at any of my allies.

I am also here maybe?
    Hopefully he's with me. :P
    Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
    Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 228