Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469360 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #2955 on: October 28, 2018, 01:07:13 pm »

Consider the merits of attempting to drop explosives on all those dudes below us. Then remember that grenades have timed fuses, and satchel charges are expensive. Theatrically load the Webley and flip the cylinder up once it's loaded. Additionally, move a grenade somewhere that I can easily access it, and prep my Garand for the drop.

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:50:16 am by Redjive_Industries »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2956 on: October 28, 2018, 09:02:09 pm »

I vote we veer off and approach elsewhere. Jump when told to.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:38:26 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2957 on: October 28, 2018, 11:17:23 pm »

"Alright folks, looks like they knew we were coming. Maybe. They probably setup some bullshit magic ambush and are going to capture you and rip all your organs out or something. What I'm saying is have fun down there."

Circle around a bit farther and have everyone jump into a cleared area near cover. Once everyone is down, confirm that I have radio contact with them.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 08:52:13 pm by Egan_BW »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2958 on: October 29, 2018, 12:14:29 am »

"Been a while since we did this, eh, Simon? And this time, not everything is on fire! huh. They saw us coming? Maybe we should have set everything on fire first. Hmm."

Jump at the designated spot and time. Try not to immol;ate the airplane on the way out. Try not to land on the roof of the hanger.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 03:21:22 pm by Ozarck »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: October 29, 2018, 07:09:37 am »

"Alright folks, looks like they knew we were coming. Maybe. They probably setup some bullshit magic ambush and are going to capture you and rip all your organs out or something. What I'm saying is have fun down there."
"We got it Alice, we'll need you on ground too; all hands needed. Edward-," she said, nudging the possibly highest seniority dude around...
"Been a while since we did this, eh, Simon? And this time, not everything is on fire! huh. They saw us coming? Maybe we should have set everything on fire first. Hmm."
"We need orders from thereon. The ground will be pretty clear and we can fight to our niches. I don't want any word of our approach coming out."
Stick with silenced sniper guy, and get ready for jump.
Be his spotter for the first shots, because my rifle is darn loud.

If I can drop a smoke grenade ahead of time for it to activate in the air, let it be so.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:56:54 pm by Tiruin »

Hotfire90

« Reply #2960 on: October 29, 2018, 07:51:53 am »

Jump when we arrive at the spot.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: October 29, 2018, 08:12:11 am »

"Oh boy, they knew we were coming? Fun, fun."

Get ready for the jump, have BAR at the ready for when people start opening fire at our parachutes. Bob puts on a fancy hat and scowls at the fact that Franek decided to get two of them, impertinent bastard. He takes comfort in the fact that when one has two special hats, each necessarily becomes somewhat less special, in not being the only special hat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: October 29, 2018, 10:03:13 am »

"We got it Alice, we'll need you on ground too; all hands needed."

"Noted and ignored."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: October 29, 2018, 11:58:11 am »

Jump when told to
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: October 29, 2018, 12:13:13 pm »

Jump last
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: October 29, 2018, 12:38:42 pm »

Action Edited
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: October 29, 2018, 03:28:06 pm »

"Orders, huh? Alright. Try to group up, with you infantry types in front and Simon set up in some high place. If we can take a chokepoint a little further along the tracks from where that group is waiting to ambush us, that'd be nice. make them come to us. We've already traveled a great deal to meet them, it's only fair.

Oh, and if you see some container or room or chains or something that are holding a demon or lightning monster or werewolf or dragon or something, don't open it and free the monster inside.

Also, start figuring out how to either stop a train without derailing it and killing everyone on board, or boarding a moving train."

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: October 29, 2018, 04:30:48 pm »

"We could try landing on the trains directly."

Jump with Isabella. If the tank isn’t coming with us, join Simon’s HALO jump onto the train.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:26:10 pm by Questorhank »
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: October 29, 2018, 07:23:22 pm »

"That'd be like jumping in front of a moving car. Or being anywhere near Alice when she's driving."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: October 29, 2018, 08:23:48 pm »

"Hah, maybe I won't have to save your ass again this time, eh Ed?  Too bad we don't have Yarrick any more, that guy was the king of demolitions, I'm sure he could start an impressive fire for us!"

"...And oh my god, Mark, you're a genius!  I volunteer to be the train boarder!  I can totally manage it, I'm great with parachutes!"

Does Isabella (Simon's tank) get a complementary parachute for the duration of the mission, the same way all of us are getting parachutes?  Or do I *have* to buy one?  I'm sorely tempted to, if they're anything like reliable.

If Isabella won't be on the mission with us, is it possible we could have a fulton?  I know it's about a decade early, but the 888th has robotic prostheses nearly a century early, so maybe?  If they're at all reasonably priced (50 GLORY or less), Simon will totally buy a fulton so he can help take the place, and return to the plane to parachute back onto the train later!

ANYWAY, if either Isabella or a fulton is being taken along, Simon will be the first out, jumping the moment he thinks that he's clear, and that Tala's ready to follow.  He'll open his parachute as low as he thinks he can survive, and start stealthily making his way towards the Nazis the moment he's free of his chute.  If the drop location ends up being visible to the Nazis, he'll instead immediately take cover and start suppressing with his MG15, mostly to reduce the amount of shots directed at anyone still parachuting.

On the other hand, if neither Isabella or a fulton is being taken along, Simon will stay in the C-47 so that he can jump onto a train later.  He'll secure himself to the plane, then try and shoot at the Nazis out of the hatch, probably using his MG15 as he probably can't use a scoped rifle effectively.

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 228