Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469138 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #2880 on: October 18, 2018, 04:31:22 pm »

Yeah we'll call it finished since I didn't have anything planned up there except you encountering a collection of very confused GIs who wonder why everything exploded.

Drive tank onto elevator. Drive elevator out of shaft. Exit fort. Squeak ducky. Collect GLORY.

Spoiler: Edward GLORY CLAIM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ducky GLORY CLAIM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
300 Glory

Yeah, Ed's driving, and that's good enough.  Shout over the radio that the tank will be leading the GLORIOUS charge out of the bunker, and man the cannon while it does so.  Be ready to shoot any remaining Nazis who try and take us out as we exit.

Oh, and invite Robert in to man the MG, he should totally get one last chance to mow some Nazis down.  Dude was super patient on that thing for the whole mission, but never got a real opportunity to enjoy it!.

If we're getting glory rewards already, Simon's glory achievements are at the bottom of his sheet.

400 glory
    Stand by, operate elevator if need be, and hitch a ride up the slope.

GLORY at bottom of sheet.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
    200 glory

Sit on top of the tank and make a majestic and glorious exit, which will be only slightly ruined by the fact that I've got a man in a Nazi uniform with his hands tied behind his back sitting behind me desperately trying not to fall off.

Spoiler:  Tobeis Parrish (click to show/hide)

170 Glory

My claims to glory:

I have the gnarliest wounds in the 888th ever.
    I terrified the prisoners into a state of deep confusion.
    I greased the treads of our newly seized tank.
    I managed to stay in coma no matter the odds.
    I was alert for the enemy constantly, never giving the jerries a chance to surprise me.
    I fought according to an almost perfectly pacifist credo.
    I comitted only one warcrime, and it was under the effects of morphine.
    I haven't missed a single attack this mission.
    I haven't been hit by the enemy this mission.
    I gave the best ORIGINAL and GLORIOUS speech this mission.
    I said "this mission" the most times this glory claim this mission.
    I thouroughly slept through this mission.
    50 glory

Alright, post your glory lists if you haven't yet. I'll think up what the fuck I wanna do with you all in the future.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2881 on: October 18, 2018, 04:39:25 pm »

Alright, post your glory lists if you haven't yet. I'll think up what the fuck I wanna do with you all in the future.

What the Radioman did this mission:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
    Quote from: you know who you are
    21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
    Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2882 on: October 18, 2018, 04:47:05 pm »

Here's what Bob did:

Shot out some random Nazi vehicle's tire.
    Shot 3 or so Nazis in an ambush with Denver, and stole a truck, and in doing so, saved three french civilians from death.
    Road the crazy tank ride of death, waiting in vain for a chance to shoot the machinegun
    Gave Franek a medal when he needed it most (granting +2 life)
    Kept Franek from bleeding on the prisoner

Didn't die when we tried to kill ourselves with lightning, and in fact, avoided injury entirely through the mission.
    Followed Simon's orders most dutifully.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 08:12:13 am by Strider03 »
    Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
    And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
    • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
      • View Profile
      • Stuff
    « Reply #2883 on: October 18, 2018, 04:57:24 pm »

What the Radioman did this mission:

100 based off what I remember you doing you cheeky sod.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
    • DiceBane
      • View Profile
    Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
    « Reply #2884 on: October 18, 2018, 05:00:21 pm »

Ed Spends 600 Glory on Building Killer Promotion, and 200 Glory on Leveling Demolitions to Rank 2.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: 888th Brigade
    « Reply #2885 on: October 18, 2018, 05:05:09 pm »

Burned a bunch of enemies in an ambush attack:

Quote from: Ambush
    [5]
    Ed waits till the convoy is directly over the explosive and then detonates it. At this point things become a bit confused. The blast lifts the first truck at the same time it snaps it in half and throws it backwards. It lands on the cab of the truck behind it and then the team starts firing at anyone left standing. Bullets tear through the air and the nazis fall in the crossfire. They jerk and twitch as bullets tear them apart from multiple angles, blowing out sprays of red as they fall.  Then Will opens up with his flame thrower and in one sweep covers the entire scene in burning jellied gasoline. The last few nazis stagger, screaming or oddly silent, out of the inferno and collapse. Everything grows silent save for the patter of rain and the constant thunder.

Stabbed a door to death:

Quote from: Door
    [5]
    You line your knife up on the keyhole and stab. You do this repeatedly until suddenly the deadbolt holding the door shut pops out of place and flies into the room beyond with a series of loud metallic clinks

You turn around, knife raised, and nod knowingly while gesturing towards the door with one hand.

And apparently blew up all of the nazis that were in the fort in a horrible manner on accident.

Quote from: Bang
    William takes his extra flamethrower tank and walks up to the door with it in his left hand. [4] He pants his feet, aligns his body just right, and then kicks the door.  It swings open about 3/4ths of the way and he uses his left hand and the weight of his body to lift the flamethrower canisters and hurl it down the hall in the direction of the bullets, all without exposing any more than a bit of his hand.  The door slams closed a few moments later and maybe a half second after that there is a tremendous, if muffled, BANG! as the no doubt bullet riddled canister detonates.  The door bulges out a bit and smoke and flame licks out through the gaps.  William then does an exaggerated showman's pose and says "Ta-da" in a monotone.

...Black smoke and the pungent smell of burning hair pours out. She waves a bit of the smoke away and sticks her head in just far enough to get a look. The hall inside is still smoldering, small fires flicker on floor, ceiling and walls, and black smoke hangs heavy in the upper 2/3rds of the hall. There are corpses down at the end of the hall, burning more fiercely than the scattered fires on the concrete, and she can hear groans and other unpleasant sounds of human wreckage further on, hidden somewhere. Carolina shoves the door open all the way and Denver, William and Radio follow her in. They stalk forward, stepping over bodies and kicking weapons away from anyone who could, conceivably, still be alive. Around a corner is the front of the building. The Two big delivery doors are partially open, split a half an inch or so when the round slammed through between them. The room behind them, with its firing slits and halls off to the machineguns, is covered in a combination of chalky concrete dust and blood. There are at least two dozen dead men here, the blood pooling is thick enough to coat the ground in a thin layer of powder dusted red. Bodies lie in odd positions, thrown back against walls and falling in ways impossible for a living person, all twisted up and broken. The smell is horrible; a dozen opened entrails  leak a sewer like stench  that mixes with the oddly sweet metal smell of the blood.

That's pretty much everything, didn't really do a lot. I assume I get a replacement fuel tank? Do I heal the mental damage?

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
    The dog behind the man behind the beard.
    Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
    You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
    • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2886 on: October 18, 2018, 05:29:08 pm »

Aww, I was kinda hoping to get a medal for all that skilled stabbing Simon did.  Oh well, I can't complain with that glory payout.

Piecewise, does Simon get to keep the tank he stole?  Or would it be taken away, like Alice's magic hoverplane?  He'd totally try and fight to keep his loot, though nonlethally.  Probably got thrown in the brig for it.

Also, this probably looks really greedy considering, but will we be getting global mission completion glory too, like past missions?  I'm totally not (just) trying to get more pay, the glory does helps out those less badass fortunate.

...If the answer to both is "yes", could Simon keep his tank by spending 600 glory on a driver promotion?  Or Ed, since Ed is already spending that much and would surely appreciate a building-killing tank more than a few building-killing bombs?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
    • DiceBane
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2887 on: October 18, 2018, 05:56:05 pm »

((I almost went with teh mad bomber upgrade, which is a mini tank drone that can deploy bombs or fire rockets if they are attached. Ed would happily continue manning the tank. I could also,be persuaded to shift my glory spending, especially if we get global mission centric glory. Cold get that tank skill up to 3 instead of the demo skill up to 2.))

Hotfire90

« Reply #2888 on: October 18, 2018, 06:30:57 pm »

Gwens acts of glory:
    Tried to apply first aid on Franek's legs.
    Helped stabilize Tala.

Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • Requires music to get through the working day.
      • View Profile
    Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
    « Reply #2889 on: October 18, 2018, 08:39:02 pm »

Acquire the Beserker Medal.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
    In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
    One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
    • Ah
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2890 on: October 18, 2018, 09:08:20 pm »

Stuff:
    Stopped that Frank guys bleeding,
    Splinted Carolina’s arm
    Helped Healed Tala somehow

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
    • Seeker of Knowledge
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2891 on: October 19, 2018, 12:29:41 am »

GLORY
    I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • 200 versions of the same catboy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2892 on: October 19, 2018, 07:08:17 am »

Y'know wot, I'd say 170 GLORY is pretty good considering I did fuck-all (other than interrogating the prisoner; I knew that language skill would come in handy) and joined the mission late. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that. Ah yes, also global mission glory is something like 30 GLORY per mission objective completed. That would lead to roughly 90 GLORY (anyone else noticed how I'm sizing it based off of how much glory is being referenced?) for 3ish objectives that I could find: Objective 1: Sneak through the city Objective 2: Assault Fort Du Roue or whatever it was called, and Objective 3:Investigate the Fortress. or something. Objective 3 was not originally in the briefing, but let's be honest, it became an objective once we realized there was another section below the fortress.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • 200 versions of the same catboy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2893 on: October 19, 2018, 07:15:30 am »

Requisition 3 Satchel Charges and a pistol, however for personal reasons I would prefer said pistol to take the form of a Webley .455 revolver. PW, may I negotiate additional risk per shot to make up for the lower ammo count? 120 GLORY spent, 50 remains.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2894 on: October 19, 2018, 08:11:09 am »

~snip~
    Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
    And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight
    Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 228