Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469134 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #2910 on: October 21, 2018, 01:23:23 pm »

Sounds good to me too! Do we bring the tank? :3
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: October 21, 2018, 01:24:58 pm »

Train heist sounds fun to me.

Hat: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2807/5202/products/Stetson-Sunset-02b_1024x1024.jpg?v=1516914007
Spent 5 GLORY on a hat! Woo! Also buy 1 smoke grenade for 10 GLORY.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 07:24:38 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2912 on: October 21, 2018, 01:39:06 pm »

Train Heist Knife Style. Buy a smoke grenade for 10 GLORY.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:38:30 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2913 on: October 21, 2018, 02:28:48 pm »

Train heist sounds good, plenty of ways it can go wrong.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: October 21, 2018, 03:36:35 pm »

Hum.  Alice has 380 glory.  Simon has 230.  HMM.

Train job sounds great.  Since vehicles are generally crewed and used by multiple people, could we pool glory to buy one?

On a completely unrelated note, how much glory does a parachute cost?  Edit: And how much for a tank-sized parachute?  Is the 888th brigade even badass enough to paradrop a manned tank, and have both it and the crew survive the experience?

...Oh, and Simon will use his camo skill to completely paint his tank in woodland (?) camo appropriate to the area we'll be operating in.  The only exception is that he'll write "Isabella Hate-Tread" in feminine blue cursive atop the hull, because that is now her name.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: October 21, 2018, 04:56:24 pm »

Requisition a medic bag and get 2 levels of medical training!
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: October 21, 2018, 05:11:55 pm »

Hum.  Alice has 380 glory.  Simon has 230.  HMM.

480 counting the common GLORY reward.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: October 22, 2018, 01:25:42 am »

When I said Valkyrie I meant
Resurrectionist: Go beyond the bounds of normal medics. So long as the body is not gibbed (-3 life) and you reach it in time (3 turns max, but lowered by 1 for each -1 life past 0) you can return them to life with 1 Life, Physical, and Mental.
Hum T_T Guess I'll save up GLORY for a new character, or is it possible for me to shift out and remake one while passing over requisition works to her? Or is it possible to just respec everything since I gained nothing but requisitions and 300 GLORY?
Train job is good. Any note of GLORY cost for armor?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 01:29:09 am by Tiruin »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: October 22, 2018, 01:40:47 am »

I don’t need to re-buy the armor, right?
In any case, I’m upgrading explosives skill from +2 to +3 for 300 GLORY
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2919 on: October 22, 2018, 07:16:24 am »

I was kinda hoping for a little more GLORY for the fireball that killed the nazis inside the fort, but I guess it was more of a bad thing that a good one since the officers said to leave the fort intact instead of scorched.

So, this means I get 250 GLORY for the mission, right? I want to save to buy a medal, which are 350, so I won't be buying anything. Is there anything else I can do between missions?

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: October 22, 2018, 08:09:40 am »

I don't recall if PieceWise cleared my question up, or confirmed my purchase list, so here it is again:
Requisition 3 Satchel Charges and a pistol, however for personal reasons I would prefer said pistol to take the form of a Webley .455 revolver. PW, may I negotiate additional risk per shot to make up for the lower ammo count? 120 GLORY spent, 150 remains.
Character sheet to be modified once my purchase is confirmed.
As a note: Webley is a 6-shot revolver well known for it's stopping power (especially when chambered in .455). I am fond of the gun for reasons unknown even to myself, so I would greatly appreciate being able to use one, even if I have to pay 10-20 extra glory for the extra stopping power.
Also, train pistols to lvl 1. 50 GLORY remaining. How much is two clips of ammo for a Webley?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 07:42:13 am by Redjive_Industries »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: October 22, 2018, 10:45:22 am »

BTW the fat flamethrower man needs to be added to the Wall of Remembrance.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: October 23, 2018, 04:59:53 am »

Hey Piecewise, I decided to answer a bunch of people's simple questions so you don't have to.  I hope you didn't answer them as you read them~

When I said Valkyrie I meant
Resurrectionist: Go beyond the bounds of normal medics. So long as the body is not gibbed (-3 life) and you reach it in time (3 turns max, but lowered by 1 for each -1 life past 0) you can return them to life with 1 Life, Physical, and Mental.
Hum T_T Guess I'll save up GLORY for a new character, or is it possible for me to shift out and remake one while passing over requisition works to her? Or is it possible to just respec everything since I gained nothing but requisitions and 300 GLORY?
Train job is good. Any note of GLORY cost for armor?

The only armor we've ever gotten is helmets, which give +1 ablative life.  Riflemen also get a flak jacket, but that seems to be merely flavor.  Helmets cost 30, and if you buy one it'll return every mission.

As for your unbolded stuff... well, all promotions, including resurrectionist, cost 600 glory, and are available to everyone.  You've got 190+200+100=490, so you'll almost certainly be able to afford it next mission.  Also, I don't see why you'd want to replace Tala?  Tala will be able to afford resurrectionist soon, she's already built to be an effective medic, and she's got history with the group.  Simon would be sad to see her go but would love to watch her leave.

I don’t need to re-buy the armor, right?
In any case, I’m upgrading explosives skill from +2 to +3 for 300 GLORY
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)

Correct, your damaged helmet and flak vest are replaced after every mission.  Same goes for your weapon, ammo, grenades, and anything you buy with Glory.  You should keep looted equipment separate from class and bought equipment, so that it's clear what isn't replaced!

I was kinda hoping for a little more GLORY for the fireball that killed the nazis inside the fort, but I guess it was more of a bad thing that a good one since the officers said to leave the fort intact instead of scorched.

So, this means I get 250 GLORY for the mission, right? I want to save to buy a medal, which are 350, so I won't be buying anything. Is there anything else I can do between missions?

Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)

Yes, you got 250 glory.  I miiight suggest that you get a gasmask, since they only cost 30 and you'll probably get paid more than 130 next mission.  Your character is kinda built to either murder EVERYTHING or engage in melee combat, and without a gasmask both may be inappropriate for a rescue mission where several allies will be using CS gas grenades.  You could screw around with other characters IC between the mission, but PW would prolly prefer you not make a bunch of boldtext posts about it.

Oh, and in answer to your previous post's questions, yes you heal mental damage, and your flamethrower tank is replaced.

As a note: Webley is a 6-shot revolver well known for it's stopping power (especially when chambered in .455). I am fond of the gun for reasons unknown even to myself, so I would greatly appreciate being able to use one, even if I have to pay 10-20 extra glory for the extra stopping power.

You may want to specifically bold this line, as Piecewise can sometimes pass right over all unbolded text if he's in a hurry.  Also, I suggest you ask how much the ammo costs.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: October 23, 2018, 07:43:01 am »

Thanks Professor Simon.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: October 23, 2018, 08:51:53 am »

How much would a bardiche cost? How much for a trench club? How much for a flak jacket? And most importantly, how much for rollerskates?

I will also get a gasmask (30), a helmet (30) and TWO fancy hats (10).

BTW the fat flamethrower man needs to be added to the Wall of Remembrance.
Le Florian lives on in my heart.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 228