Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468474 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2655 on: September 01, 2018, 02:19:47 pm »

"Look, don't worry about it, Simon. We can always get you a new tank on the next mission. Or maybe a plane, one of those messer-things."

Attempt to determine if the tank would fit down the remainder of the tunnel if the constraining parts of this definitely not load bearing arch are removed, then advise Alice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: September 01, 2018, 02:31:51 pm »

"That's a terrible plan. Let's try it."

Make tank go diagonal.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: September 01, 2018, 04:36:08 pm »

Sleep on.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: September 01, 2018, 04:44:54 pm »

As soon as the plans with the tank all fail, I’ll proceed down the hallway.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #2659 on: September 01, 2018, 05:30:52 pm »

Advance down the hallway once the tank gets stuck or forces its way through.

Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2660 on: September 01, 2018, 05:53:40 pm »

"Everyone, it maaay be a good idea to stay back."

Stay back, observe the room. If the arch is the only way through, follow behind the climbing over tank crew. Do not go under the tank.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 06:21:43 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2661 on: September 01, 2018, 06:05:20 pm »

Try to stay away from the tank. Follow the others after the tank does it's thing.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: September 02, 2018, 01:36:35 am »

If there's no way to help Franek or any other wounded by Medical bagging them for physical health:

Try to heal up mental damage.
Maybe even give directions so the tank doesn't ram itself into people or places where they can't practically fit at all.

Also overwatch, and being part of the squad that moves out after we're all sure the tank won't blow up.

Really suggesting to not fire a tank round here.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: September 02, 2018, 03:27:51 pm »

Revover mental damage by providing scathing commentary on the tank's antics as it drives itself into a wall and maybe gets stuck there.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: September 02, 2018, 11:11:43 pm »

"I've got a really bad feeling about this."
Whilst I wait, teach Franek how to load the gun, and amuse myself by trying to figure out a way for him to do so with reasonable swiftness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2665 on: September 03, 2018, 05:03:28 pm »

"Hmm.  I think this actually is a problem we can't solve with shooting or ramming.  We'd probably run out of ammo before the tunnel runs out of length.  Oh!  Alice, remember when Ed was driving, and he got us hit by lightning?  The tank was thrown a long distance, and nearly tipped over--but it got up to like a forty-five degree angle without breaking!  I once watched a buddy of mine slide a car and get it up on two wheels, maybe you could try that with the tank; if our tracks are at an angle, we'd fit down there fine!  Loady, or Gunny now, I guess, if sliding doesn't work try shooting the left wall so that the rubble makes a ramp."

Suggest insane methods of fitting a tank down a thin underground tunnel to my teammates.  Shout encouragements to help them out, like any good commander.  Edit:  The plan is for Alice to try and get the tank onto just one track, by any means necessary, so that it can fit down the archway.  Failing that, Simon will start commanding his allies to FIRE EVERYTHING!

...Meanwhile, look at the archway.  How thick is it?  Is the tunnel definitely wider behind, wide enough to drive down?  Could we just destroy a part of the arch and fit through, and how much would we have to destroy?

"That's a terrible plan. Let's try it."

Make tank go diagonal.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
The archway is maybe a foot and a half thick and the hall beyond it is larger. Probably large enough to accommodate the tank.

[1]

Ah, good. Well luckily everyone says to stay away from you right now so You can't run over anyone else. Instead your attempts to put the tank on its side by slowly walking it up the wall end when the tank topples over onto its side and then rolls onto its top.

Simon, laying upside down on the roof of the tank's interior, points at Alice, who is also laying upside down on the tank's roof. And the point is really more of a Jab in the nose.

"You've got them just where you want them, Guidance goblin. Now, spring your trap!"

"Could you please stop?"

"That's not my finger~"

"Look, don't worry about it, Simon. We can always get you a new tank on the next mission. Or maybe a plane, one of those messer-things."

Attempt to determine if the tank would fit down the remainder of the tunnel if the constraining parts of this definitely not load bearing arch are removed, then advise Alice.

It looks like yes, it would fit. Now of course there is a problem of getting the tank the right side up again.

Sleep on.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

"I've got a really bad feeling about this."
Whilst I wait, teach Franek how to load the gun, and amuse myself by trying to figure out a way for him to do so with reasonable swiftness.

Franek is apparently the only one who anyone decided to strap in because you find yourself laying on the roof of the tank with Franek dangling from his seatbelt over your head.

"ok. Step one, you have to pick up a shell."

Franek responds with continued unconsciousness.

"Firmly grasp it."

If there's no way to help Franek or any other wounded by Medical bagging them for physical health:

Try to heal up mental damage.
Maybe even give directions so the tank doesn't ram itself into people or places where they can't practically fit at all.

Also overwatch, and being part of the squad that moves out after we're all sure the tank won't blow up.

Really suggesting to not fire a tank round here.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
You already rested some of the damage away, you ain't getting it back by personal means like that.

Revover mental damage by providing scathing commentary on the tank's antics as it drives itself into a wall and maybe gets stuck there.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

[1]
"Uh...you...aren't good at...driving a tank."

Then the tank rolls over and lands on your foot. [-1 physical]

"You have injured me because your driving is very not good."

As soon as the plans with the tank all fail, I’ll proceed down the hallway.
Advance down the hallway once the tank gets stuck or forces its way through.

"Everyone, it maaay be a good idea to stay back."

Stay back, observe the room. If the arch is the only way through, follow behind the climbing over tank crew. Do not go under the tank.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Try to stay away from the tank. Follow the others after the tank does it's thing.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
You lot walk down the stone hallway. It goes maybe 40 feet and Carolina, with her experience in Italy, notes that it bears an odd resemblance to a roman aqueduct in design, though slightly different, more primitive. After the 40 feet the hall turns abruptly to the left and then ends in a very out of place metal wall. Clearly modern, the wall has a single door in the center, also metal, with no window. Denver tries the handle and to everyone's surprise it turns without issue and the door swings open.  The room beyond is more of a circular hallway than a traditional room. Its a hall, about 4 feet wide and 7 feet tall, that goes in a circle forming a ring shaped room. The room has three windows on the inner side, spaced out in 90 degree increments around the circle, with a door in the place where the fourth window would have gone. The rest of the room is filled with monitoring equipment: Film cameras at each window, Magnetic tape audio recording machines, and a huge communication panel, something like a switchboard. There are lights overhead and they're on, humming slightly. At the back of the room there is a large refrigerator, all solid stainless steel and cold to the touch.

Through the windows you can see another room, a circular ruin entirely encircled by this modern room. Its about 15 feet across with a low domed ceiling and lines of carved faux pillars along the edge. The ground looks to be flat stone but is entirely covered in a thin layer of grayish dust. Looking up at the ceiling, you can just spot a part of an engraving, though you can't see the whole thing from this angle.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: September 03, 2018, 06:12:25 pm »

Do a scan of the room. If I don’t see anyone, I’ll slowly move into the room, inching around the perimeter and keeping my eyes open to activity.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: September 03, 2018, 06:13:56 pm »

Follow the people to the room. Help with anything
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #2668 on: September 03, 2018, 06:16:34 pm »

Carefully move into the room and take a closer look at the recording machines.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: September 03, 2018, 06:19:44 pm »

Try to get out one of the hatches that might not be blocked by the ground, then head into the room. Flashlight out, point into corners, Bob will try to see and call out any threats before they hit the group.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 228