Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467805 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Southern Advance.
« Reply #1860 on: March 20, 2018, 02:55:55 pm »

Fire a few more shots at the nazis, fall back from door towards Ed.

"Ed, switch!" Denver radios.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: March 20, 2018, 03:05:28 pm »

Well then, get inside the hallway away from the improbably well aiming Germans. If people come out of their rooms, explain to them that we're filming part of a war movie and that the noises and smoke are all just part of the special effects.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: March 20, 2018, 04:33:26 pm »

Bob will continue watching the doors he's selected. Have pistol and trench knife out to react if one person comes out (though try to determine if they're a nazi first). If two or more people come out, hide, and try to get a read on whether they're Nazis.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: March 20, 2018, 05:11:04 pm »

(Well i am pretty sure that i missed a lot during my inactivity)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: March 21, 2018, 07:16:34 am »

Submit bug report re:sarcastic comment failure.

Ed light's a cigarette, leans against the wall, continues to prep to shoot fleeing or advancing Nazis *(especially falling ones), and mutters:

"Plan 'Everything Explodes' is looking more and more like the reasonable option. Ah well, too late for that now. Maybe. Wait, the Nazis still have explosives. So I guess we got that in common, at least. Silver linings."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: March 21, 2018, 04:25:39 pm »

Move up to the doorway behind advancing friendliest. I will try to return Fire once I see people in the room shoot towards the people in front of me.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1866 on: March 22, 2018, 11:36:00 am »

Well then, get inside the hallway away from the improbably well aiming Germans. If people come out of their rooms, explain to them that we're filming part of a war movie and that the noises and smoke are all just part of the special effects.

"Nhggggg..."

You scuttle out of the room in the confusion.
[Carolina sense roll: 3]
As you step into the hall, holding your shot up hand in the crook of your opposite elbow, the smoke comes with you.  You can't see anything and, you realize a half second before it happens, there's a pretty good chance no one can tell who you are either.  As though to instantly confirm your suspicions  a bullet rips through the smoke just above your head. You hit the ground, covering yourself with your good hand.

"NO NO NO! RADIO MAN! NO SHOOT! NOT A TRAITOR! PROBABLY NOT A TRAITOR! THERE IS A 99%-"

Another shot hisses past somewhere near your head

"85% CHANCE I AM NOT A TRAITOR! STATISTICS ARE ON MY SIDE! STATISTICS I SAY!"

"WATCH YOUR FIRE!" [Tala -1 life]

"Block the exit; keep talking! That's the only way we know where each other is! That includes the ones with horrible cockney accents. Drop prone!" Tala said as she noticed the bullet wound being fully superficial--it still stung though, but so did the smoke, the light burns off her fancy coat, and the shame. She was sure most of what was keeping her going was adrenaline...from shame.

"Simon; we've breached the area. Smoke covering everything. Keep tabs on the management and the civilians below. There's a firefight going on. Minimize damage, political or otherwise!"

Though I'm rather confused how you got it into this situation...we'll assume it was in the cart as opposed to smuggled in via...more arcane or invasive methods.
((Err, sure! I...Sure! I had my silenced pistol equipped on-person though, it's at the top of my sheet :D This actually makes up for Radio's action thanks to his foresight of grabbing stuff and shoving it all in))

Find another Nazi and shoot them with this darn rifle. If 'several' means 'emptied my whole magazine', reload and check to fire at people. If I'm all out and don't have time for that, use the silenced pistol.

Also echolocation through anti-Nazi words! But not Churchill. He's as bad as them in other contexts. :v (But yeah, over Radio's...incessant noises of war-hmm) get over to where I noticed the other two fellows were, or at least where the print was,
presumably. Gotta ensure it's intact and the other stuff is undamaged!

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
((Ah, I see it now. It wasn't under your inventory, which is where I looked))
[Senses: 4][sniper rifle 3]
You sweep the rifle around a few times until you finally make out a shape you're almost positive is a nazi. You hesitate for a moment but then steel yourself and fire twice, emptying your magazine. Your target stiffens and falls, so you back up in the direction of...well in the direction of the guy who just shot you. Since I assume that's what you meant by "Two fellows". The two guys who just burst in, killing one nazi and winging you. You nearly bump into them in the smoke, but you find them.

"shi-sorry, Tala! I really thought you were a german!" Over
continue firing while following Denver, but shout "the axis sucks” at people. if they respond like: "no way!", shoot them. otherwise, let them go.
[4]
You see someone you're pretty sure is a Nazi, so you shout "THE AXIS SUCKS!" at him. He responds with something in german and a burst of submachine gun fire, which isn't "No way" but is pretty darn close.
[6]
You decide to provide a ballistic counterargument and put a round straight into his head. You see his skull burst in a strange silhouette shot through the smoke. Its all rather artsy and stylized. Neat.

Fire a few more shots at the nazis, fall back from door towards Ed.

"Ed, switch!" Denver radios.

You fall back to the door but firing more shots seems unnecessary at this point.  Unless team killing is something you're into.
[3]
Not really, eh? Ok. Don't worry, I'll check again later~

Bob will continue watching the doors he's selected. Have pistol and trench knife out to react if one person comes out (though try to determine if they're a nazi first). If two or more people come out, hide, and try to get a read on whether they're Nazis.

Submit bug report re:sarcastic comment failure.

Ed light's a cigarette, leans against the wall, continues to prep to shoot fleeing or advancing Nazis *(especially falling ones), and mutters:

"Plan 'Everything Explodes' is looking more and more like the reasonable option. Ah well, too late for that now. Maybe. Wait, the Nazis still have explosives. So I guess we got that in common, at least. Silver linings."

You two both hang around outside, but in different ways. Bob goes the more tactical and forward thinking route while Ed tries to look like a cool guy. Never mind that he's smoking a cigarette in a hallway  that is quickly filling with red smoke, which makes him look more like one of those fools who wear sunglasses at night.

Move up to the doorway behind advancing friendliest. I will try to return Fire once I see people in the room shoot towards the people in front of me.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
You move up to the doorway but find the friendlies advancing backwards to the doorway as well. You decide to just stay on the outside part of the doorway, in cover.

Well, I'm a pilot. And a non-combat pilot at that. And a woman. So really even in the military I can expect to be mostly not shot at. Except in the 888th, which is all about being shot at regardless of who you are, explaining why I make effort to not get shot at.

Anyway, how about that gunfight eh. Too bad there's no line of sight from there to here.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
"I gotta wonder why you're even down here with us.  I get that we need a pilot sometimes, and I certainly trust you way more than most pilots, but you should be in the sky, in a bomber or something.  Down here you're only useful for your wits, which... wait, no, actually, that explains why command wants you down here.  We don't get much in the way of wits..."

Still maintaining the standing order to shoot anyone who pokes their head out the window.  Also, keep an eye out for the police.  I have a feeling that this will end up like the cultist mission.

No sign of any police or other social enforcers yet, though all told its been about 30 seconds since this all started. That smoke coming from the room is starting to draw the attention of people on the street however.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1867 on: March 22, 2018, 11:44:39 am »

"This is the part where the battle plan fails to survive contact with the enemy, I believe. I don't think there's much we can do to help. Any ideas, Simon?"

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 22, 2018, 01:47:56 pm »

((Should've made it clear the 'two fellows' were the two tough guys I saw on the way in with Radioman, them staring at me and all :x Ah well, it's all good)).

Tala waiting a second to notice that there were particularly no Nazis left, or at least those shooting in her presumption.

Room c-clear. "-And cut!"

Tend to the wounded ((Wait I don't have the medi-bags on me >_>))
Search for the printing presses; I doubt they'd have booby-trapped them at the call of maintenance crew.
If I do have my medic bag, use it on any badly wounded (-2 or less) allies, and if not, inspect the enemies.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:58:37 pm by Tiruin »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: March 22, 2018, 02:14:53 pm »

((Denver has -3 Life currently and -1 Physical. I think Ed should lead the charge in though. Demoman and all.))

Rest in Hall well away from room, hold pressure on leg wound, treat with first aid kit.

"Can we get the set medic in the hallway?"

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:08:16 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 22, 2018, 02:23:48 pm »

((Hey, someone remind me, does helping yourself with your first aid kit need a roll, or can we assume that one can apply some bandaging around a hand without choking on a bandaid? Also, is bleeding leading to further loss of life/physical dice and such a thing?))

"We've, ah, dealt with the situation. We'll be in need of transportation, sooner rather than later!"

Then, turning towards his teammates, he added "Remember, if people ask, we are shooting a pivotal scene for the upcoming war flick 'Nazis are Assholes, part two: Kick 'em while They're Down'. "

Silently radio the situation to the other team members. Ask them to keep an escape vehicle ready and waiting.

Then start hiding the dead bodies in the cart. Try to make sure they won't bleed all over the floor. Be medic'd if such is forthcoming, if not and dice loss due to wounds is a mechanic then apply pressure to stem the bleeding.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:26:24 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: March 22, 2018, 02:34:25 pm »

“Phew! that was hazardous! Somehow, I’m unscathed, guys!”
give my aid kit to Denver, Turn on flashlight, then follow the person who is leading the charge into the next room.
Also, piecewise, I’m gonna go away for a bit. Who wants to take over my character?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:37:25 pm by Leodanny »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: March 22, 2018, 03:08:48 pm »

Action edited.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: March 23, 2018, 06:15:08 am »

"Got a car out back here, but I don't know if it's gonna fit you all. . ."

Bob radios back to the radioman that he's got a vehicle in place, and then inquired whether anyone escapes. If no one did, he'll go back to the car and prepare to leave in a hurry.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: March 23, 2018, 07:06:52 am »

Statistics? Friendly fire? Snesless babbling? That's my Radio! I'm coming buddy!"
Ed will approach the suite and haul his equipment back to the end of the hall, or someplace clear of smoke, then he will assist in repairing Radio's damaged hand. If no more Nazis are forthcoming, He'll go in the apartment and search for the bombs, to disable them and add them (and the press) to his inventory.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 04:04:47 pm by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 228