Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467259 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Room Service
« Reply #1830 on: March 14, 2018, 07:27:28 am »

((I'm gonna make the general assumption that Bob brought his radio into the hotel, and set it on the floor next to the desk.))

As he lay there, ears ringing in the silence after the gunshots, Bob considered why he'd done this. Was it the boredom from sitting in a car for four hours, then having it all made irrelevant? Was there something in that beer earlier? Maybe, and unlikely. Perhaps the simplest explanation was just that he wanted to do this. See what it was like to be able to do something like this with no one around to stop him. A few bits of plaster fell from the ceiling, into his face. He sat up, blinking, trying to get the dust out of his eyes, and spitting some out of his mouth. He looked over at the receptionist, and plucked his underwear off of the mans' face.

He slid over onto the floor, and began to dress himself again. The presumably insane man glanced over at the receptionist, and waved his gun in the mans face, held by two fingers, swinging like a pendulum. "So, was that all clear? My god man, stop gawking like a fish and pull yourself together! Go tell the manager! Make sure he's got a way to keep the guests from panicking! There's crazy gunmen in here!" Bob may still have been a little addled, not knowing that everything he said was likely warning the receptionist about himself. In any case though, he was still pondering his actions, and he'd come to the conclusion that this was not fun, and he didn't plan on doing it again. That plaster just got everywhere!

Once he was mostly dressed again, Bob reached into a pocket and pulled out some bills which he tossed at the receptionist. "Go buy yourself a new bell of something." In a bit of assistance to the plan that it sounded like was going on on the radio, Bob fired two more shots, this time into the floor, hopefully less chance of civilian casualties. Once this was done, he grabbed his radio, and ran back out to the car, revved the engine, and left.

Do the above, then drive around the backside of the hotel. Change into a police uniform stuck in the back of the car, then wait with the headlights off.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1831 on: March 14, 2018, 08:09:22 am »

Just to explain, you guys in the german room, and the germans, would be able to hear the gunshots but only faintly and not very distinctly.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:04:46 am by piecewise »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: March 14, 2018, 09:02:47 am »

((For those of you who didn't catch it, the Radio just asked us all to "make a ruckus."

That is, he wants us to appear to be coming ot arrest them, or shoot them, or whatever, to add a sense of urgency to his claims, so the Nazis are more likely to fall for it.))
Right. Okay.
quickly yell(because I’m just outside the door) that the police are here, the start smacking the door with the flashlight.
Wait a minute or so, Then in a different voice, yell “hey! You people in there! Unlock the door right now!”
Then continue smacking the door.

This is what you want, right?
Spoiler: Jimbo boy (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: March 14, 2018, 09:19:19 am »

Wait outside door, knife ready. If a Nazi come to the door, drag him into the hall and stabbity stab.

Denver grins and shouts. "There may only be two of us, but we can get you crazy hooligans!"

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: March 14, 2018, 09:23:30 am »

Wait outside door, knife ready. If a Nazi come to the door, drag him into the hall and stabbity stab.

Denver grins and shouts. "There may only be two of us, but we can get you crazy hooligans!"

whisper: “hey, Denver,this is supposed to be a police raid. You should probably pretend that there are more people at the door.”

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: March 14, 2018, 09:25:58 am »

"I'm trying not to spook them too much." Denver whispers back.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: March 14, 2018, 09:35:49 am »

Whispers: okay

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: March 15, 2018, 02:10:06 am »

:V
((Did I roll a 1 with the conversation, because that was sorely uncoded and obvious if they did hear me. Or that's the plain message that everyone understands under the code! :D))

Tala incredulously stares at Charlie--who she didn't see, hear, or even have any word from, as he stood right next to them in an obviously non-maintenance outfit. As Radioman somehow steps back (probably to let her do her work, since she knew a bit of plumbing anyway), she handed the smoke grenade for priming, to Charlie, and whispered. "Use your mechanics; we need this timed. Or as a show of proof. You know the plans-err, at least, given Radio's horrible German now...use it later to cover this whole thing up as if it's arson," she said, noting the memory of 'Let's get these folks out through deception and linguistics' to 'Let's fake a fire with a smoke grenade'.

Still keeping her eyes on stuff in the bathroom, she made sure to call out to the Radioman--it was loud enough for the presumed Nazis to hear.

"Kinda need your help here! We don't mingle with the guests while on duty!"

This space for more actions as I wonder what to do with Radio's initiative to Germanize everything

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:12:51 pm by Tiruin »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: March 15, 2018, 04:14:12 am »

Sio stares at his radio in confusion, as a bad german accent emits from it.  His jaw progressively falls open until he's staring at it slack-jawed, and his gaze flicks between the radio and Alice several times, though it takes awhile for him to come up with any words.

"...What in the Hell?  Is the radioman an idiot traitor now...?  Or is this.... what?"

Simon rubs his face with the palm of his hand, grimacing and trying to puzzle out what he should do.

"Okay.  Okay, I'm gonna fall back on what Sarge said during basic.  If you're not sure whether it's a Nazi, fill it with lead.  Watch my back, Alice!"

Using the de lisle, shoot one bullet into each of the Nazi apartment's windows.  Then watch whatever can be seen and shoot anything that moves.  No IDing, just shoot, we can sort things out after the Nazis are all dead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1839 on: March 15, 2018, 04:36:46 am »

"Always. Never liked the radiohead anyway."

Survey the near-field for threats.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Paperboys
« Reply #1840 on: March 15, 2018, 06:45:40 am »

Placeholder action. Ed remains in place, down the hall near the stairs. Actually, in the stairwell, behind a door.

"I knew I should have ridden the cart in, instead of this silly bluff."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1841 on: March 16, 2018, 01:15:30 pm »

While the others kept pretend-working in the bathroom, the radio sauntered up to the guy who had let them in and began Operation Bamboozle German.

"Kameraden, ve are here to get ze out of here. Zie Amerikaner have diskovered zie operation, und zei are koming to-"
BANG.
"Shh, be quiet. Do zou hear zat?"
BANG BANG BANG.

"Ach, zei are already here! Scheiße, ve will have to move quickly. I zink ve may have, ah, drei minuten befor ze schweinehunde begin to tear down ze place und make a ruckus." The radioman continued, putting some extra emphasis on the last part and making sure his radio was transmitting.

Ve will have to take zie in zis cart und take zie to der backside of zie hotel in der stille, jawohl? Ve have arranged for ein truck to take zie, und zie vill be transported back to zie Fatherland. Ich have heard zie Furher himself was very pleased with dein success, und that he vill award ze vith zie Iron cross! But ve will have to act quick, jah, before zie zionisten und untermenschen find zie. Ve have already reskued zie other Kameraad, und after zie are all safe zie Dame" he said, pointing towards Tala and the other guy "vill make sure all zie evidence is disposed of und make it look like an accident caused by zie enemy. Ve know of zie bombs und how to use zem, do not vorry about zat.

Now zen, please, before it is too late."
At this he pulled the curtain from the cart they brought to indicate to the men they should get inside the cart quietly.

"Und leave zie gewerhn vith zie Dame, she vill dispose of zem as well."

The Best Plan continues.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
[will:2]

Radio drops the act completely....well the first act...and moves on to a second one. He steps right out into the room and rambles for a solid 30 seconds in a broken, stereotypical German accent peppered, usually incorrectly, with german words. You accompany this with wild hand movements, goose stepping, several Sieg Heils.  When you're finally done, out of breath with your hands held above your head in a dramatic fashion, you take a moment to survey how the speech went.  Judging by their cold, dead eyes and the hands moving into jacket pockets or behind their backs, you're gonna guess it didn't go well.

"Yeah. See that? Thats what you sound like. Ya Nazi shitheads."

The guns are out at this point.

"I REGRET NOTHING!"

:V
((Did I roll a 1 with the conversation, because that was sorely uncoded and obvious if they did hear me. Or that's the plain message that everyone understands under the code! :D))

Tala incredulously stares at Charlie--who she didn't see, hear, or even have any word from, as he stood right next to them in an obviously non-maintenance outfit. As Radioman somehow steps back (probably to let her do her work, since she knew a bit of plumbing anyway), she handed the smoke grenade for priming, to Charlie, and whispered. "Use your mechanics; we need this timed. Or as a show of proof. You know the plans-err, at least, given Radio's horrible German now...use it later to cover this whole thing up as if it's arson," she said, noting the memory of 'Let's get these folks out through deception and linguistics' to 'Let's fake a fire with a smoke grenade'.

Still keeping her eyes on stuff in the bathroom, she made sure to call out to the Radioman--it was loud enough for the presumed Nazis to hear.

"Kinda need your help here! We don't mingle with the guests while on duty!"

This space for more actions as I wonder what to do with Radio's initiative to Germanize everything

I'm totally gonna throw that smoke grenade. And if I wouldn't do that then maybe I should show up more often to prevent the skeletons in my brain from forcing me to do stupid things!
Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
Tala hands Charlie a smoke grenade while Radio is out...distracting would be a diplomatic way to characterize his actions...the germans. Not entirely sure why she would do this rather than throw it herself but hey, whatever. Maybe its last minute attempt at flirting?
[1]
(I'm rolling all these in discord by the way. Blame RPbot)
At some point during the hand off, Tala accidentally catches the pin with her finger and pulls it free. Which, considering the draw strength on those things, is a pretty impressive fuck up. Charlie holds the primed grenade, waiting for what he thinks is the best time to throw. He's just about to do it too, when the thing goes off in his hand. Smoke grenades aren't explosive, but they put out a tremendous amount of smoke and get quite hot quite fast, which results in Charlie dropping it purely out of surprise.  The canister hits the tile floor and points straight up, spewing a cloud of blinding red smoke onto the two operatives and filling the bathroom in seconds.  Tala and Charlie choke and flail, banging against walls, the cart, and each other in a desperate attempt to escape. It would be pretty funny, if they weren't suffocating and slowly burning in hot smoke.

Ah what the hell, I'll laugh anyways.

((I'm gonna make the general assumption that Bob brought his radio into the hotel, and set it on the floor next to the desk.))

As he lay there, ears ringing in the silence after the gunshots, Bob considered why he'd done this. Was it the boredom from sitting in a car for four hours, then having it all made irrelevant? Was there something in that beer earlier? Maybe, and unlikely. Perhaps the simplest explanation was just that he wanted to do this. See what it was like to be able to do something like this with no one around to stop him. A few bits of plaster fell from the ceiling, into his face. He sat up, blinking, trying to get the dust out of his eyes, and spitting some out of his mouth. He looked over at the receptionist, and plucked his underwear off of the mans' face.

He slid over onto the floor, and began to dress himself again. The presumably insane man glanced over at the receptionist, and waved his gun in the mans face, held by two fingers, swinging like a pendulum. "So, was that all clear? My god man, stop gawking like a fish and pull yourself together! Go tell the manager! Make sure he's got a way to keep the guests from panicking! There's crazy gunmen in here!" Bob may still have been a little addled, not knowing that everything he said was likely warning the receptionist about himself. In any case though, he was still pondering his actions, and he'd come to the conclusion that this was not fun, and he didn't plan on doing it again. That plaster just got everywhere!

Once he was mostly dressed again, Bob reached into a pocket and pulled out some bills which he tossed at the receptionist. "Go buy yourself a new bell of something." In a bit of assistance to the plan that it sounded like was going on on the radio, Bob fired two more shots, this time into the floor, hopefully less chance of civilian casualties. Once this was done, he grabbed his radio, and ran back out to the car, revved the engine, and left.

Do the above, then drive around the backside of the hotel. Change into a police uniform stuck in the back of the car, then wait with the headlights off.

"There's a crazy gunman in here!"

You stop a moment and consider what you just said before pointing your gun at him.

"AND NO, ITS NOT ME!"

You hop off the counter, pull your pants on (accidentally putting them on backwards) and throw a wad of bills at your latest late night mistake before running out onto the street. You scamper back to your car and drive it around back, behind the crescent. Its no less crowded back here, maybe even more so, but you stop and turn the lights off regardless. You crawl into the back and change into your policeman's uniform before climbing back to the front seat and waiting there, ready to be of use. Hopefully in a slightly less...provocative fashion.

"At least this time if I start stripping they'll just assume I'm on my way to a bachelorette party. Officer Rod Stiffson responding to a noise complaint"

Sio stares at his radio in confusion, as a bad german accent emits from it.  His jaw progressively falls open until he's staring at it slack-jawed, and his gaze flicks between the radio and Alice several times, though it takes awhile for him to come up with any words.

"...What in the Hell?  Is the radioman an idiot traitor now...?  Or is this.... what?"

Simon rubs his face with the palm of his hand, grimacing and trying to puzzle out what he should do.

"Okay.  Okay, I'm gonna fall back on what Sarge said during basic.  If you're not sure whether it's a Nazi, fill it with lead.  Watch my back, Alice!"

Using the de lisle, shoot one bullet into each of the Nazi apartment's windows.  Then watch whatever can be seen and shoot anything that moves.  No IDing, just shoot, we can sort things out after the Nazis are all dead.

"Always. Never liked the radiohead anyway."

Survey the near-field for threats.

Alice pulls out a pair of binos and keeps watch with her chin resting in one hand. 
[2]
Simon lines up a shot and puts a round into the center of the Nazi's window. Immediately after it shatters a plume of bright red smoke starts pouring out.

"Oh thats a good sign. Did ya make the building bleed?" Alice asks, looking over the binos at the smoke

"If it bleeds, we can kill it." Simon responds, racking another round into the chamber.

"I don't think thats the mission."

"No, but I'd say there's a 45% chance of it happening, regardless."

"Gives a new meaning to 'house hunting' I suppose."

"Any sign of enemies? Or friendlies? "

Alice squints through the binos.

"Not yet. To much smoke. Can't even tell if that first shot hit anyone."

"Sooner or later, someone is gonna come to stick their head out that window. Lets just hope its someone that deserves a bullet."

"Pretty sure that would describe anyone in that room, regardless of which side they're on."

"That just makes this job all the easier."

Placeholder action. Ed remains in place, down the hall near the stairs. Actually, in the stairwell, behind a door.

"I knew I should have ridden the cart in, instead of this silly bluff."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
[PLACE HOLDER RESPONSE]~

((For those of you who didn't catch it, the Radio just asked us all to "make a ruckus."

That is, he wants us to appear to be coming ot arrest them, or shoot them, or whatever, to add a sense of urgency to his claims, so the Nazis are more likely to fall for it.))
Right. Okay.
quickly yell(because I’m just outside the door) that the police are here, the start smacking the door with the flashlight.
Wait a minute or so, Then in a different voice, yell “hey! You people in there! Unlock the door right now!”
Then continue smacking the door.

This is what you want, right?
Spoiler: Jimbo boy (click to show/hide)

Everyone outside the room hears the following things: First, they hear Radio's tirade. Then, shouting and screaming accompanied by a "FLOOOSH" sound and red smoke leaking out under the door. Then the sound of glass breaking, and then open, high speed gunfire. Bullets tear through the door and the walls in random arcs as someone in the smoke fires blind. 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1842 on: March 16, 2018, 01:29:01 pm »

"I guess this is what qualifies as the exciting part and we're still just waiting for something bullet-worthy to come along. Sniping is kinda boring. Gives you time to think, though."

Seeing things. I'm good at seeing things, sure, I got a 1 in that. And a nice pair of lenses. So I'm gonna sit riiiight here and use my lenses to look at things, allowing me to see them. If any of the things that I see are of tactical relevance, pass this information along to my comrade with the set of lenses that are less suited for looking at things, though admittedly quite capable when it comes to aiming at things. Such that he may aim at the things that I look at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Southern Advance.
« Reply #1843 on: March 16, 2018, 02:02:36 pm »

Time was of the essence--as well as being both confused and annoyed by clumsiness!

Get out of the current area; make a roll or drop prone (whichever is better), get my pistol free and aim to disable any nazis (because everyone else is either next to me, or having a radio for a head).

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Southern Advance.
« Reply #1844 on: March 16, 2018, 02:19:54 pm »

"Rod Stiffson, now that's a name! Perhaps. . .no, don't really need an alias here. Didn't say 'When you get to hell, tell em Bob McKinley sent ya' though that would have been great." He needed to remember that for next time. Or he could replace Bob with Rod? Didn't matter much.

It sounded like things had gone wrong, at least, that's what the gunshots indicated, and the fwoosh over the radio indicated. He hopped out of the car, still feeling that slight urge to do something. This time, in police officer garb--darn he wished he had a fake mustache--he got out, and started walking around the outside of the hotel. He stayed far away from the main entrance near the lobby, but he'd search for all back doors and exits, and try to figure out whether there was a corner of the hotel he could find where he might be able to watch two backdoors simultaneously. He took just his pistol with him, not his BAR.

Bob gets out, and tries to find all the back doors of the hotel. Nazis fleeing through the lobby won't get far, so he needs to catch the ones going out the side. He attempts to determine which are maintenance entrances and which are back exits for guests. He then tries to find a location where he can watch as many doors at once, prioritizing guest doors rather than maintenance ones. But he won't neglect them if possible.Get that +2 to senses. Oh, also Bob makes sure his trench knife is accessible.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 228