Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467567 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Southern Advance.
« Reply #1845 on: March 16, 2018, 02:33:57 pm »

Simon keeps talking without looking away from his scope.

"Eh, sniping's as boring as you make it.  I thought about just charge in there, shooting and stabbing until everything stops moving, but I decided that'd be too loud.  I just got this rifle anyway, it'd be a pity not to use her."

He sighs heavily.

"I really should've done it.  At least we'd already be finished if I had."

Yeah, just keep watching the window with Alice.  Shoot the first head to pokw out, and the second, third, fourth, all the way up to tenth if there's enough Nazis and/or allies stupid enough to absorb Simon's whole mag.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: March 16, 2018, 02:46:24 pm »

"Finished in the sense that we're victorious or in the sense that we're bleeding on the floor? I'd rather be in a place where I can shoot the enemy but he can't shoot back if I can help it."
Alice thinks for a moment.
"Though really, where I'd want to be is where there's no shooting going on at all. Oh well, sniping's a good middle ground 'tween that and the first thing."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Room Service
« Reply #1847 on: March 16, 2018, 02:52:12 pm »

Open room door and fire on any and all Nazis. Use frame as cover. If any are in knife range, stab them.

"Shots fired, coming through the door!" Denver radios.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 03:25:17 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: March 16, 2018, 02:58:06 pm »

"Maybe mother was right about taking those acting lessons after all."

Scramble towards the door, open it if it's locked to let loose our dogs of war. since it's already open just get next to it so I don't block entry for allies but I'm close to the exit.

Play some loud noise to mask the sound of our fighting, perhaps drilling or other construction noises? Or just some really loud music if that's not possible.   

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 03:28:33 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: March 16, 2018, 03:25:27 pm »

Action edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: March 16, 2018, 03:34:38 pm »

smells smoke
“Agh! Smells like that time the duck blood soup fell in the fire! I should have stayed with Simon and Alice! Also, we’ve blown our cover. Dammit!”

holding my breath as much as possible, hide behind doomblade, pull out the Springfield, and shoot any enemy runners in the leg.
Spoiler: Jimmy da snipa (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: March 16, 2018, 08:32:10 pm »

Ed waits for Nazis to run out into the hall and trip on his tripwires. First to fall gets a bullet in the whatever. OR, if any manage to get through without falling and make their way Ed-ward, Edward would fire Nazi-ward when said Nazi is close enough that the shot is relatively easy.

Well, so much for Tiruin's plan to bluff the enemy. Went exactly as expected, really.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Room Service
« Reply #1852 on: March 18, 2018, 03:14:14 pm »

Move towards the room with my rifle ready, and shoot any Nazis I see. I won't poke my head in the room, but I'll shoot any Nazi cross my line of sight.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: March 20, 2018, 04:16:56 am »

Blinded by the smoke and startled by the gunfire, Charlie hits the floor and rolls over against a wall, drawing his stiletto.

Note: Charlie is wearing mechanics overalls, having never changed out of them. Camouflage is not impossible under those circumstances. I'm referring to two turns ago when a passed camouflage check was wondered at.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1854 on: March 20, 2018, 11:03:22 am »

Simon keeps talking without looking away from his scope.

"Eh, sniping's as boring as you make it.  I thought about just charge in there, shooting and stabbing until everything stops moving, but I decided that'd be too loud.  I just got this rifle anyway, it'd be a pity not to use her."

He sighs heavily.

"I really should've done it.  At least we'd already be finished if I had."

Yeah, just keep watching the window with Alice.  Shoot the first head to pokw out, and the second, third, fourth, all the way up to tenth if there's enough Nazis and/or allies stupid enough to absorb Simon's whole mag.

"Finished in the sense that we're victorious or in the sense that we're bleeding on the floor? I'd rather be in a place where I can shoot the enemy but he can't shoot back if I can help it."
Alice thinks for a moment.
"Though really, where I'd want to be is where there's no shooting going on at all. Oh well, sniping's a good middle ground 'tween that and the first thing."
"I guess this is what qualifies as the exciting part and we're still just waiting for something bullet-worthy to come along. Sniping is kinda boring. Gives you time to think, though."

Seeing things. I'm good at seeing things, sure, I got a 1 in that. And a nice pair of lenses. So I'm gonna sit riiiight here and use my lenses to look at things, allowing me to see them. If any of the things that I see are of tactical relevance, pass this information along to my comrade with the set of lenses that are less suited for looking at things, though admittedly quite capable when it comes to aiming at things. Such that he may aim at the things that I look at.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
"For someone with such a decided aversion to being shot at, you sure chose an odd line of work."

"Pretty sure I was drafted? But I'm a woman and I don't have my origin story on my sheet so I'm not really sure."

"What sheet?"

"You know, that thing we both have under our speech and actions? Lets the skeleton controlling us know important information that he would otherwise forget?"

"Are you having a stroke?"

"I might be."

Time was of the essence--as well as being both confused and annoyed by clumsiness!

Get out of the current area; make a roll or drop prone (whichever is better), get my pistol free and aim to disable any nazis (because everyone else is either next to me, or having a radio for a head).
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
[6]
You leap out of the bathroom, land, and roll to your feet sweeping your gun around, trying to find a target. Gonna assume you're using the Scoped Springfield because its the only thing you have listed. Though I'm rather confused how you got it into this situation...we'll assume it was in the cart as opposed to smuggled in via...more arcane or invasive methods.
[3]
You can only make out vague shapes and movements in the smoke. You take several shots at the phantom shapes but you have no idea if you hit them or not. This smoke grenade was a terrible idea!

"Maybe mother was right about taking those acting lessons after all."

Scramble towards the door, open it if it's locked to let loose our dogs of war. since it's already open just get next to it so I don't block entry for allies but I'm close to the exit.

Play some loud noise to mask the sound of our fighting, perhaps drilling or other construction noises? Or just some really loud music if that's not possible.   

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You duck low and half run, half crawl to the door with your hands on your "head". You get over to the side of the door frame, out of the way of both the door and anyone that might come through it proceeded by a hail of bullets. Once crouched and as small and unshootable as possible, you start making noise. [1] The noise you start making is that of gunfire. And artillery. And tanks. And collapsing buildings, screaming, fire, and car horns.  You blare that shit at high intensity and for some reason you can't stop.

Blinded by the smoke and startled by the gunfire, Charlie hits the floor and rolls over against a wall, drawing his stiletto.

Note: Charlie is wearing mechanics overalls, having never changed out of them. Camouflage is not impossible under those circumstances. I'm referring to two turns ago when a passed camouflage check was wondered at.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
You fall on the ground and roll until you hit the bathroom wall. It...well you're not in the direct line of the hot smoke so its better but you're still right next to the freaking thing. You pull out your knife and point it in the vague direction of angry sounds, but blind as you are you really can't do much more than hope someone evil walks into it. Also having this much smoke in your lungs is SEVERELY uncomfortable and probably bad for your continued existence. Despite what the Marlboro ads might insist, you don't think that humans can live on smoke alone. There should be at least a little oxygen in the mix. For flavor.

"Rod Stiffson, now that's a name! Perhaps. . .no, don't really need an alias here. Didn't say 'When you get to hell, tell em Bob McKinley sent ya' though that would have been great." He needed to remember that for next time. Or he could replace Bob with Rod? Didn't matter much.

It sounded like things had gone wrong, at least, that's what the gunshots indicated, and the fwoosh over the radio indicated. He hopped out of the car, still feeling that slight urge to do something. This time, in police officer garb--darn he wished he had a fake mustache--he got out, and started walking around the outside of the hotel. He stayed far away from the main entrance near the lobby, but he'd search for all back doors and exits, and try to figure out whether there was a corner of the hotel he could find where he might be able to watch two backdoors simultaneously. He took just his pistol with him, not his BAR.

Bob gets out, and tries to find all the back doors of the hotel. Nazis fleeing through the lobby won't get far, so he needs to catch the ones going out the side. He attempts to determine which are maintenance entrances and which are back exits for guests. He then tries to find a location where he can watch as many doors at once, prioritizing guest doors rather than maintenance ones. But he won't neglect them if possible.Get that +2 to senses. Oh, also Bob makes sure his trench knife is accessible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You quickly find that this building has not just one fire exit but dozens of them! There are doors all over the damn place, in front and in back! The best you can do is part at a distance from the building and try to watch as much of one side of the building as possible, but even then the rear side of the building doesn't really allow for this because of all the other buildings around it. You set yourself up on the "Nazi" side of the building with as much of a view of the doors and the street in the back as possible.

Move towards the room with my rifle ready, and shoot any Nazis I see. I won't poke my head in the room, but I'll shoot any Nazi cross my line of sight.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
You move up and crouch against the wall opposite the room's door, keeping your weapon trained on it. If any nazis come out of there, you'll get em.

Open room door and fire on any and all Nazis. Use frame as cover. If any are in knife range, stab them.

"Shots fired, coming through the door!" Denver radios.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You kick open the door and step in. Immediately red smoke washes over you and you blink and cough, trying to ignore it as you search for enemies. [3] Through the haze you pick out a shape that you're pretty sure isn't a friendly. [6] You open fire with your Thompson, spraying 10 rounds into the smoke at the target.  You hear grunts as they hit and then the thud of limp flesh hitting the ground.

"One down!"

smells smoke
“Agh! Smells like that time the duck blood soup fell in the fire! I should have stayed with Simon and Alice! Also, we’ve blown our cover. Dammit!”

holding my breath as much as possible, hide behind doomblade, pull out the Springfield, and shoot any enemy runners in the leg.
Spoiler: Jimmy da snipa (click to show/hide)
You move in behind Denver, using him as cover. [1] You see a shape you're pretty sure is an enemy in the smoke and rest your rifle on Denver's shoulder to line up the shot. [6v5] You fire into the smoke and immediately a female voice shouts back at you in pain and annoyance.

"WATCH YOUR FIRE! [Tala -1 life]

Ed waits for Nazis to run out into the hall and trip on his tripwires. First to fall gets a bullet in the whatever. OR, if any manage to get through without falling and make their way Ed-ward, Edward would fire Nazi-ward when said Nazi is close enough that the shot is relatively easy.

Well, so much for Tiruin's plan to bluff the enemy. Went exactly as expected, really.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Activate waiting protocol.
Activate Sarcastic comment.exe
Sarcastic comment.exe has stopped working.
Would you like to submit a bug report?

[6][6][3][4]

The remaining germans open fire  with reckless abandon, spraying shots haphazardly around the room. Denver takes a round to the thigh and another to the left arm [-3 life][-1 physical] and Radio takes a bullet straight to the right hand [-2 life][-2 physical]. 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #1855 on: March 20, 2018, 11:15:57 am »

Well, I'm a pilot. And a non-combat pilot at that. And a woman. So really even in the military I can expect to be mostly not shot at. Except in the 888th, which is all about being shot at regardless of who you are, explaining why I make effort to not get shot at.

Anyway, how about that gunfight eh. Too bad there's no line of sight from there to here.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: March 20, 2018, 01:35:03 pm »

"I gotta wonder why you're even down here with us.  I get that we need a pilot sometimes, and I certainly trust you way more than most pilots, but you should be in the sky, in a bomber or something.  Down here you're only useful for your wits, which... wait, no, actually, that explains why command wants you down here.  We don't get much in the way of wits..."

Still maintaining the standing order to shoot anyone who pokes their head out the window.  Also, keep an eye out for the police.  I have a feeling that this will end up like the cultist mission.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: March 20, 2018, 02:03:39 pm »

"WATCH YOUR FIRE!" [Tala -1 life]

"Block the exit; keep talking! That's the only way we know where each other is! That includes the ones with horrible cockney accents. Drop prone!" Tala said as she noticed the bullet wound being fully superficial--it still stung though, but so did the smoke, the light burns off her fancy coat, and the shame. She was sure most of what was keeping her going was adrenaline...from shame.

"Simon; we've breached the area. Smoke covering everything. Keep tabs on the management and the civilians below. There's a firefight going on. Minimize damage, political or otherwise!"

Though I'm rather confused how you got it into this situation...we'll assume it was in the cart as opposed to smuggled in via...more arcane or invasive methods.
((Err, sure! I...Sure! I had my silenced pistol equipped on-person though, it's at the top of my sheet :D This actually makes up for Radio's action thanks to his foresight of grabbing stuff and shoving it all in))

Find another Nazi and shoot them with this darn rifle. If 'several' means 'emptied my whole magazine', reload and check to fire at people. If I'm all out and don't have time for that, use the silenced pistol.

Also echolocation through anti-Nazi words! But not Churchill. He's as bad as them in other contexts. :v (But yeah, over Radio's...incessant noises of war-hmm) get over to where I noticed the other two fellows were, or at least where the print was,
presumably. Gotta ensure it's intact and the other stuff is undamaged!

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:36:33 pm by Tiruin »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 20, 2018, 02:04:30 pm »

"shi-sorry, Tala! I really thought you were a german!" Over
continue firing while following Denver, but shout "the axis sucks” at people. if they respond like: "no way!", shoot them. otherwise, let them go.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 04:48:08 pm by Leodanny »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 20, 2018, 02:14:18 pm »

"Well yeah, I'd love to be up in the air, but I'm pretty sure that the 888th works mostly by just throwing people at the problem. This mission didn't need a pilot,
 so I say bein' on a roof is the next best thing to bein' in the sky."
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 228