Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468156 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1290 on: November 21, 2017, 06:28:11 pm »

Dream!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1291 on: November 22, 2017, 08:03:52 am »

Also, conveniently fail to hear/understand Tala's explanation of what's going on.  Heat monster bad, alcohol good.

((I'm actually not going to presume that Tala or anyone else has explained in a coherent manner what is going on, until they actually come to the mess hall, and explain, in a coherent manner.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 22, 2017, 08:58:56 am »

Also, conveniently fail to hear/understand Tala's explanation of what's going on.  Heat monster bad, alcohol good.

((I'm actually not going to presume that Tala or anyone else has explained in a coherent manner what is going on, until they actually come to the mess hall, and explain, in a coherent manner.))
((Wow thanks for the encouragement. ::) That didn't come off well.
"I'm not actually going to presume this, it would be nice for them to RP [since we have time/since we may miss updates]" or versed any other way that doesn't come off hurtful >_<))

TALA, IN THE MESS HALL, WITH THE PEOPLE.

There was no sign of anything that matched any other description than thin air in the several tens of feet Tala had to travel between the room where the gunshots were, and where the rest of the team was stationed. In other circumstances, she would be neutral to see people betting on cigarettes or other things like these, but seeing a few folks idling by the tables and chatting as if there was no problem, and Alice resting soundly, helped her mood quite some.

"Hey everyone, I'd like your attention please."

She began to detail what had happened (to save this narrator time because she is stressed up, and other people's idleness to read back in the thread), which went somewhat like this:
"Things have gone red. I want everyone on full alert. We have losses among the crew. she said, to grab attention foremost. "The General is not in his quarters, with the same for any COs present. My team and I decided to head back to the rear of the ship since communication was our main priority--where the radios are. That's where we met the team that went topside and exchanged information. (Because Doomblade was the folks we met and exchanged info with, at the turn after this)

"The sound you all heard on the side of the ship? Dead body, one of the ship crewmen, with entrails acting like a rope, blood splatter making a darker name than the St.Elijah. What is happening to our ship is we're caught in an eye of a storm--no arguments please; it is what exactly it is. If I'm presuming anything--it's connected to your past mission where Joan was on. The area around the St. Elijah is pretty much like a tropical storm or typhoon; radios are jammed by that. Adding to the problem: There is a killer among us--not of our contingent. That wiped away the presumption that our crewman died by 'natural causes'. On our way to the rear, we've finally come across six of the ship crew. Problem was, they shot at us as we opened the door. No casualties, nobody harmed, but I'd like a Priest or someone who could help mental health back there A.S.A.P. They were cautious to shoot at the door when we neared; this was one sign of something going very wrong (because who would be dumb to assume friendly fire?)." she started, ending the last portion in half a mumble to herself, as she was still in disbelief of the sudden turn of events. Seeing six men armed and ready on ship like that was completely different from the regular crew, and their terror was affecting her, she would admit. "Why they shot at us was because they saw the killer disembowel a fellow. I'm guessing they're the topside crew. Had no time before I went here."

"Edward," she said to Bohring, being someone (Twinwolf) "please rally the rest of the people here. We need all hands at the ready. If we are somehow infiltrated or something, I was cautious to share a coding I learned. Since one or two folks are only a problem if they reach critical areas of the ship, we win in numbers. And numbers need communication to be effective. We can call out to each other, as an automatic protocol, using terms common in English (that could be rare in German or something); the catch being the response should start with the last letter of the message, both being one word only, to a distinct theme similar to the first. You say Dakota, I say Arkansas, for example."

She was sure people needn't do that anyway since people readily, easily, take orders.

"That said, the rear of the ship is also where my teammates presumed the General is most likely to be, and if ther are infiltrators...aboard a ship, strange as it is, Bone is a high-profile target. We need to get to him, but also station soldiers along the corridors and hallways protecting critical areas. By how Denver described the storm, we aren't getting out of this without help of this ship and her crew."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 22, 2017, 09:37:28 am »

"A dead body? And it wasn't you guys who did it? Wait, are you saying that you guys weren't shooting at each other? Damn, I lost a bet."

Ed looks around at the crew in the mess hall.

"Alice and Simon are out of action, and we're gonna need someone to stay and guard them here. Tala, go gather what crew you can. We'll make this room HQ for now. Use your ciicker when approaching groups. three clicks, then one. That's the code. Three clicks, then one.

Radio, try again to make contact with the other teams on ship. With anyone on ship. Command, crew, anyone. Hell, see if you can make contact with the intruder.

Carolina, Yarrick, stand guard, please. Shoot anyone who comes here without the clicker code.

Ed will go topside and inspect the storm and the corpse. If shown the handprint or if he spots it, he'll examine that as well. No need to reply unless Ed learns something not already discovered. Ed will look around for additional signs of intruders. He'll look out to the water to see if there is a visible point of origin from which the intruder could have come (like a sub or a small boat).

He'll then return to the mess hall, giving the clicker code before entering.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:00:04 am by Ozarck »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 22, 2017, 10:43:51 am »

"Guess something is up then. Damn it"

Follow Edwards plan and stand guard shooting to wound anyone who doesnt use the clicker code with my pistol

Better not use the rifle I dont think this ship needs any holes in it
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 22, 2017, 11:15:52 am »

Radio, try again to make contact with the other teams on ship. With anyone on ship. Command, crew, anyone. Hell, see if you can make contact with the intruder.

"Aye sir."
The radioman had little confidence that now suddenly he'd succeed where previously he failed, but he might as well try contacting the rest of the crew again. He also pondered if there was any way to boost the signal. Either way, he's staying near the people that are moving out this turn.

"I will get those pants, next time." He warned as they moved to the upper deck.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1297 on: November 22, 2017, 10:45:05 pm »

Here's the map, more or less.

Hmm... Clearly there is something very wrong here. ... As if we didn't already know that. Head to the bridge.

Spoiler: My Plan (click to show/hide)

You hop up and just climb straight onto the upper deck next to the torpedo tubes and just behind one of the smoke stacks. You stop there because there is a man laying with his back against one of the stacks. He's one of the crew men of the boat and his injuries look far more conventional than those that came before; he looks like he's been shot several times, at least twice in the torso. He's still moving though, holding his hands over the wounds.

((I'm improvising since Piecewise does full turns and not piece...err, 'response after people post when talking with NPCs'-ish posts))

Tala quickly got the gist of what was going on (eg SOMETHING WEIRD ON SHIP) by chatting with the crew.

"I can see everyone here is stressed and tense. I'll be calling up our local priest for this. But we have to keep rational. Me and the rest of the 888th are headed to the rear to search for the General--him and the other CO's aren't at their quarters and offices. For your concern about knowing who is who, we're going to work with codes.

"888th, I've an idea to divide friendlies from otherwise. Here's the thing..."

Codework time! Use a mix of American and otherwise wordings and questions for folks to ask and tell. Themes that (being from the Philippines), Tala could sort out seeing Allied versus what she presumed were Nazi or Russian spies, being used.

{If ANYONE is to use a code instead of bolded actions to check, I presume, it is much like using common English terms even localized to your area/country, but that the last letter of the word becomes the first letter of your response in the same theme; this is known to the NPCs as well as to anyone with Tala, and assumed to be spread to the others. :v

Also the Mess Hall is our HQ (as discussed in posts later on), and there is a 'clicker' code that is presumably known to all of us.

After the brief...briefing was finished and Tala had a feeling of certainty people were going to be better off, she continued. "Where's the path to the rear deck? Where the radios are? We're heading there. Did any of you see the General? If anyone wants, I could order some of our team to stay here and help guard this section.

"Is this the only passage between the Mess Hall area and the rear of the ship? And can you give details on whoever killed who? Will melee weapons be effective; how did they move; what weapons did you see being used, did they speak or have any significant mannerisms, and what was the name of who they killed. If possible, do we have a roster of the crew to check off?"

Also inquire!

If everything is settled, head with the rest of the team (and telling everyone that those who wish can volunteer to guard this area.

Also tell someone to act as a messenger (or do it myself since I believe we're pretty close anyway as a free action) to the Mess Hall crew that we now actually have a mission to do, and OBJECTIVES to accomplish.

==+==
Mess Hall Guys, if Piecewise is okay with this--assume Tala or someone from her team told you about what's up here and we now have (what I presume) is an objective. Keeping our ship crew alive.
((I'll be keeping track of whom is with whom next turn. We've around 4 or so people in the Mess Hall at this point, and the rest are in teams with either me or others here))
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Ok this is a hell of a lot of text. I'm gonna interpret it as best I can.

[Hidden]
You start speaking to the group of men in the sort of casual slang- with unspoken cultural understanding behind it -that only natives or the extremely well versed could easily respond to. You go person by person in the group and come to one conclusion: They are all spies. Every single one of them responded with a sort of forced, stilted casualness. Like an adult attempting to speak the lingo of children. When you spoke of a secure area they were all eager to know where it was and how many people were there and how it was defended.

At this point I'm not sure how you would respond knowing that there's a cadre of spies so I'm gonna just have you wait and we'll see.

"Alright, off to the radio room?" Bob grabs his radio, and starts to head back to the rear of the ship.

Bob grabs his radio, and leads the way to radio room. He's got a pistol at hand if necessary.

The secondary Radio room is down under the 5 inch guns; its a backup for if something were to happen to the radios in the bridge.  You walk down to the door unmolested and attempt to open it. The door sticks tight in place and the handle is so cold that the skin of your palm freezes to it like a tongue to a flag pole. You yank it away after a few jerks.

Join Charlie in the boiler room, rifle ready.

Team Boiler Cluster

Enter boiler room behind Spencer, gun at the ready. Make sure I can draw my knife easily, use it if I get into melee. If nobody else has a flashlight out, use mine and hold my knife in my other hand.

"Pistols out, scan with your lights, all directions. I have us covered."

To Team:
"We're checking in here"

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You two join charlie and Denver, clever sod that he is, actually uses his flashlight.  he shines it around the room and finds that the floor of the room is completely covered in hail stones. To a depth of 3 to 5 feet actually. The rest of the room is frosted over but you think you can see blood splattered on the walls.

"Hahahaaa!  Finally won some, yeah!  Heh, I'm a bit too tanked to keep at it, yeah, I'mma watch now.  Oh!  Alice, debt, can't forget..."

Put four cigarettes in Alice's pocket while she sleeps, and then go back to drinking while cheering on the other players.  Don't join in though, Simon thinks he's too drunk at this point.

Actually, now that Tir's insisted on us not being useless (by informing us of everything in detail), Simon is going to head out on his own, wielding a knife.  He'll head directly to the top deck, draw his rifle, and carefully peek out a doorway and start scanning the tops of tall things for human figures.  Shoot any found.

Also, he's thoroughly drunk at this point.  Take that into account, please.

Ahem.

Well in your current inebriated state you stagger up to the mid deck, ie the one most people are on, that one you can see on the map below the level with the torpedo tubes. Once there you look around, see the man standing near the smoke stack on the upper deck, scream like a girl and then fire your rifle into the sky before falling down.

Dream!

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1511374860328.webm

"A dead body? And it wasn't you guys who did it? Wait, are you saying that you guys weren't shooting at each other? Damn, I lost a bet."

Ed looks around at the crew in the mess hall.

"Alice and Simon are out of action, and we're gonna need someone to stay and guard them here. Tala, go gather what crew you can. We'll make this room HQ for now. Use your ciicker when approaching groups. three clicks, then one. That's the code. Three clicks, then one.

Carolina, Yarrick, stand guard, please. Shoot anyone who comes here without the clicker code.

Ed will go topside and inspect the storm and the corpse. If shown the handprint or if he spots it, he'll examine that as well. No need to reply unless Ed learns something not already discovered. Ed will look around for additional signs of intruders. He'll look out to the water to see if there is a visible point of origin from which the intruder could have come (like a sub or a small boat).

He'll then return to the mess hall, giving the clicker code before entering.

State of the game:
Simon: bust
Yarrick: 8 cigs
Radio: 1 full pack + 10 cigs (19 total)
Alice: 7 cigs
Ed: Out of the game

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

You look at everything and then look around. There's some trash or bits of black plastic floating in the water around the ship. Not a raft but...maybe something.

"Guess something is up then. Damn it"

Follow Edwards plan and stand guard shooting to wound anyone who doesnt use the clicker code with my pistol

Better not use the rifle I dont think this ship needs any holes in it
Done and done.

"Aye sir."
The radioman had little confidence that now suddenly he'd succeed where previously he failed, but he might as well try contacting the rest of the crew again. He also pondered if there was any way to boost the signal. Either way, he's staying near the people that are moving out this turn.

"I will get those pants, next time." He warned as they moved to the upper deck.

I'm just gonna tell you that till something changes, radios ain't gonna work.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1298 on: November 22, 2017, 10:51:10 pm »

yoi fuckko gimme a dream that's not hot trash eh idiot

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 22, 2017, 11:05:21 pm »

His trip to the bridge derailed by important business, Smith stops to render what aid he can. Do my best to fix this guy up.

((Remember guys, there are sound powered telephones in every compartment on a WWII destroyer! You can't talk to every compartment, but you can contact the bridge, CIC, main engineering, DC central, etc, etc. Additionally there are voice tubes between the bridge and several critical battle stations (both are used since voice tubes are more reliable, and less likely to fail due to battle damage, but sound powered telephones are smaller and easier to install).))

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #1300 on: November 23, 2017, 01:55:53 am »

Here's my application for a Louisiana trouble-making good-ole-boy. I don't suppose he could get a harmonica to start with?

Spoiler: Damien Capella (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: November 23, 2017, 03:52:19 am »

Instincts of Hans make him take out his radio and speak with Tala. "Tala, do you read? How's the situation in the Mess Hall? Did you find anything?"

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 23, 2017, 04:44:44 am »

Charlie carefully makes his way around the catwalk and down the stairs. The hailstones make a lot of noise along the way.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 23, 2017, 05:08:06 am »

radio ain't gonna work.
Damn straight.

"It's no use, no radio comms possible. It's the weird interference, nothing's getting through. We'll have to do it manually. Is anyone in the bridge right now? I'll go check it out, if you don't mind."

Goto: bridge edition. Examine the fuck out of it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 23, 2017, 12:49:13 pm »

"Dammit! The radio system doesn't work. I guess I shall go and check the situation in the Mess Hall by myself..." Thought Hans. Pulling out his machine gun, he's on his way to the Mess Hall.

Go to the Mess Hall

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:03:12 pm by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 228