Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467730 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1275 on: November 18, 2017, 12:10:42 am »

Team Paranoid

Keep following the leader of the team.

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 18, 2017, 11:12:24 pm »

Team Boiler Cluster

Denver sees Charlie gesturing frantically at the front of the ship and edges towards him, covering the front of the ship. He takes a peek in the boiler room or front if the ship, whichever Charles points to, gun raised. If no response from Charles, he checks the front.

"Charles, what is it? Boiler or front?"
"Both. To misquote our dear commander's namesake, 'We can die here or we can die over there.'"
Charlie enters the freezing boiler room, all senses on full alert and knife at the ready

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1277 on: November 20, 2017, 07:13:21 pm »

Now at the site of the incident, Tala was glad nobody was injured.
"Whoever that is, give a situation report. Why did you fire on fellow allies on an allied ship? I am coming inside. We are looking for the General ever since we heard what was going topside. We are coming in. Now."

InvestigateChat! Also get into there and check the surroundings and the state of our allies in there.

Issue an order to local Priest soldier if they dont act.

"Chaplain, we need your words in here. Tension and anxiety. Heal the mind."

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
"How the hell should I know what opened the door! I can't see up the ladder! All I know is that the last thing I saw tore a man's heart out. You can do what you want but I ain't leaving this place till whatever that was is dead."

You duck your head through the door and into the room beyond. Its basically nothing but a small compartment with a hole in the floor and a ladder extending up from it. You get on all fours and stick your head through the hole to look into the engine room. Its pitch black in there except for a cluster of flashlights in one corner. You can see the vague shapes of enormous mechanical things in that light, but nothing distinct. There are maybe a half dozen men down there, crew members, two are armed with thompsons, the rest are holding random objects as clubs. They're looking at you in abject terror but not shooting.

Ponder the meaning of life, and the weird ways it can come to a sudden end while leaning over the rail to look at the dead guy.

Ok, not really :P

Try really hard to remember everything I heard about the lightning guns that were recovered. Is it likely that this guy was killed with something similar? Where on the ship are the recovered guns currently being stored? (Not that it makes sense for them to be on the ship, but I seem to remember something being said about them being onboard earlier.)

The lightning guns, as far as you know, are basically a gun that fires a barbed projectile that then draws a bolt of electricity to it. It would explain the burns but not the disembowelment or freezing.

Team Boiler Cluster

Denver sees Charlie gesturing frantically at the front of the ship and edges towards him, covering the front of the ship. He takes a peek in the boiler room or front if the ship, whichever Charles points to, gun raised. If no response from Charles, he checks the front.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You look at the front of the ship. Nothing unusual there. You look at the boiler room. Ok, the fact that its a deep freeze in there is pretty weird, gotta say.

"You mean the storm? Yeah, that's still out there."

Fill them in on the current situation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not sure who you're filling in but consider the situation elucidated.

If I may submit a character

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)

And for my first action, I'll Wake up in the corner of the Mess Hall, wondering what the hell happened last night.
You wake up in the corner of the mess hall, wondering what the hell happened last night.

Follow Tala into the room, on guard for potential traps.

"What? Doesn't the whole 'person suddenly appears' thing happen semi-regularly to you guys?"

Spoiler: Hank Carter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
You follow Tala and also stick your head in to get a peek.

Bob called down the stairs. "What 'it' are you talking about?"

Bob asks the question, and remains ready with his pistol. To shoot people. If they aren't friendlies.

"The thing that killed that guy! Come on, his corpse is right there on the deck!"

Team Paranoid

Keep following the leader of the team.

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)
Follow the leader continues

Team Boiler Cluster

"Both. To misquote our dear commander's namesake, 'We can die here or we can die over there.'"
Charlie enters the freezing boiler room, all senses on full alert and knife at the ready

You enter the room. There's a catwalk around the interior walls of an otherwise wide open room with the boiler at the center and the large smokestack rising up through the ceiling. Its dark, quiet and freezing. Normally this place would have crewmen manning it and be...well...boiling. No one is in here, at least as far as you can see. And you can't see far in this darkness.

EVERYONE IN THE CARDGAME

Simon wins 3 cigs off radio and 1 off Yarrick. Alice takes a nap.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: November 20, 2017, 07:28:58 pm »

Hmm... Clearly there is something very wrong here. ... As if we didn't already know that. Head to the bridge.

Spoiler: My Plan (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:46:49 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 20, 2017, 07:55:10 pm »

((I'm improvising since Piecewise does full turns and not piece...err, 'response after people post when talking with NPCs'-ish posts))

Tala quickly got the gist of what was going on (eg SOMETHING WEIRD ON SHIP) by chatting with the crew.

"I can see everyone here is stressed and tense. I'll be calling up our local priest for this. But we have to keep rational. Me and the rest of the 888th are headed to the rear to search for the General--him and the other CO's aren't at their quarters and offices. For your concern about knowing who is who, we're going to work with codes.

"888th, I've an idea to divide friendlies from otherwise. Here's the thing..."

Codework time! Use a mix of American and otherwise wordings and questions for folks to ask and tell. Themes that (being from the Philippines), Tala could sort out seeing Allied versus what she presumed were Nazi or Russian spies, being used.

{If ANYONE is to use a code instead of bolded actions to check, I presume, it is much like using common English terms even localized to your area/country, but that the last letter of the word becomes the first letter of your response in the same theme; this is known to the NPCs as well as to anyone with Tala, and assumed to be spread to the others. :v

Also the Mess Hall is our HQ (as discussed in posts later on), and there is a 'clicker' code that is presumably known to all of us.

After the brief...briefing was finished and Tala had a feeling of certainty people were going to be better off, she continued. "Where's the path to the rear deck? Where the radios are? We're heading there. Did any of you see the General? If anyone wants, I could order some of our team to stay here and help guard this section.

"Is this the only passage between the Mess Hall area and the rear of the ship? And can you give details on whoever killed who? Will melee weapons be effective; how did they move; what weapons did you see being used, did they speak or have any significant mannerisms, and what was the name of who they killed. If possible, do we have a roster of the crew to check off?"

Also inquire!

If everything is settled, head with the rest of the team (and telling everyone that those who wish can volunteer to guard this area.

Also tell someone to act as a messenger (or do it myself since I believe we're pretty close anyway as a free action) to the Mess Hall crew that we now actually have a mission to do, and OBJECTIVES to accomplish.

==+==
Mess Hall Guys, if Piecewise is okay with this--assume Tala or someone from her team told you about what's up here and we now have (what I presume) is an objective. Keeping our ship crew alive.
((I'll be keeping track of whom is with whom next turn. We've around 4 or so people in the Mess Hall at this point, and the rest are in teams with either me or others here))
Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:50:23 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: November 20, 2017, 11:24:39 pm »

Hmm... Clearly there is something very wrong here. ... As if we didn't already know that. Head to the bridge.

Spoiler: My Plan (click to show/hide)
((Err, not to rain on this, non-literally, but this link is from a different era. Back then, we only had radios, naval signals, or morse [floodlights]; for ship-board addresses they had what amounts to a bunch of ship-wide speakers, as far as I know.
You may be better off going topside with a bunch of allies and trying to signal other ships in the area. I'm unsure if we received word that we're a lone destroyer out here. That, and since we're a destroyer, I bet we carry landing craft or other boats.))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:39:12 pm by Tiruin »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: November 20, 2017, 11:27:27 pm »

((1MC was a thing in WW2.

http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=158401

Also, I don't plan to sound general quarters unless the bridge is deserted or some such.))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:30:50 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: November 20, 2017, 11:39:15 pm »

((1MC was a thing in WW2.

http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=158401

Also, I don't plan to sound general quarters unless the bridge is deserted or some such.))
((Cool! Thanks :D Do we have an overall layout in general of the ship (like, how many decks)? :-[))

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: November 20, 2017, 11:46:44 pm »

Fletcher class, should be similar to what we are on.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 21, 2017, 09:55:07 am »

Balders would rather helpfully continue following Tala and the rest of the group, mostly due to his instincts telling him that it might not be a good idea to be alone in the dark after so many people have died under the same suspicious circumstances.

[spoiler]
Glory: 15
Name: Private Balders Dash
Description: A grotty little British man who can often be found wearing a pair of round lensed eye glasses to make his beady little eyes look perfectly normal. He has an almost inappropriate obsession with sneaking up behind people.
Physical:(Just put any bonuses or negatives you have.)
Mental:(Just put any bonuses or negatives you have.)
Life: (Just put any bonuses or negatives you have.)
Stats: Speed (+1), Dexterity (+2), Senses (+1), Will (+1)
Skills:
Camouflage (+3)
Pistol (+2)
Traps (+2)
Car (+1)
Melee (+1)
Explosive (+1)
Inventory:
Universal Equipment:
First Aid Pouch (Allows First Aid. Single use)
Entrenching Tool (A folding shovel)
Ration (Restores up to -2 on physical dice)

Spy Equipment:
Disguise kit
Stiletto (2 risk normally, but 6 risk if the target doesn't recognize you as a threat when you attack)
Silenced pistol (2 risk normally, but 8 if unnoticed. Does not draw attention by sound. 8 shots)
Two clips for the silenced pistol
[spoiler]
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: November 21, 2017, 10:56:39 am »

"Alright, off to the radio room?" Bob grabs his radio, and starts to head back to the rear of the ship.

Bob grabs his radio, and leads the way to radio room. He's got a pistol at hand if necessary.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: November 21, 2017, 11:57:36 am »

Join Charlie in the boiler room, rifle ready.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: November 21, 2017, 12:26:32 pm »

Team Boiler Cluster

Enter boiler room behind Spencer, gun at the ready. Make sure I can draw my knife easily, use it if I get into melee. If nobody else has a flashlight out, use mine and hold my knife in my other hand.

"Pistols out, scan with your lights, all directions. I have us covered."

To Team:
"We're checking in here"

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 06:10:26 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: November 21, 2017, 05:36:16 pm »

"Hahahaaa!  Finally won some, yeah!  Heh, I'm a bit too tanked to keep at it, yeah, I'mma watch now.  Oh!  Alice, debt, can't forget..."

Put four cigarettes in Alice's pocket while she sleeps, and then go back to drinking while cheering on the other players.  Don't join in though, Simon thinks he's too drunk at this point.

Also, conveniently fail to hear/understand Tala's explanation of what's going on.  Heat monster bad, alcohol good.

Actually, now that Tir's insisted on us not being useless (by informing us of everything in detail), Simon is going to head out on his own, wielding a knife.  He'll head directly to the top deck, draw his rifle, and carefully peek out a doorway and start scanning the tops of tall things for human figures.  Shoot any found.

Also, he's thoroughly drunk at this point.  Take that into account, please.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 21, 2017, 06:10:40 pm »

Action edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 228