Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468583 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #240 on: June 02, 2017, 07:39:55 pm »

Patch myself up while I wait for the others to catch up

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 03, 2017, 01:16:19 am »

Gentlefish/Jersey is afk.
Yottawhat/Darlington is also afk x.x
Forgive me for acting for them! I've updated Darlington's sheet and will post it here [because I dislike people just being all ._. while being traumatized does make sense, it doesn't in this context that it affects them fully into a full-stop]

Also me and him, and Jersey are the only ones back here :I
Does the Medical Bag use Medical Training (Skill)?
I'm assuming a yes but just curious :p (You don't need to answer this; I'll assume 'yes' if there's no direct answer, thanks ahead!)

Darlington: Give Joan Medic Bag (temporarily), then go over and haul Jersey; if possible, loot Alan's corpse (and his dog tags).
Joan: Medic Bag self, then get to hacking a way through the barbwire with this entrenching shovel to meet up with Darlington in helping hauling Jersey's body [or Alan's loot]

Both of us: Do the above and get to a safe location with Jersey's body.
If under fire, do it as safe as we can to protect ourselves.

Joan exchanged Joakim's first aid kit for her used container. It wouldn't do much, but she improvised it to carry his dog tags and other miscellany. A pouch with straps was just as good anyway.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:44:25 am by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 03, 2017, 02:36:12 am »

Please just drop mortars on the heads of everyone who's not posting. If they're not interested in playing, they don't deserve to be in a single piece.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 03, 2017, 02:42:01 am »

Please just drop mortars on the heads of everyone who's not posting. If they're not interested in playing, they don't deserve to be in a single piece.
((You're blowing me up with them :P
But in all seriousness: Nuuu :/ People can be busy and drop off the grid at times--I'm still happy Piecewise kept me safe while I was Feyri in his starting and most well known game here :3 ...also mortars are collateral and do not help characters .-.; They can go inactive out-of-mission but I'm using those that aren't posting.
Also some are just unconscious.))

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 03, 2017, 06:48:15 am »

Bob attempts to run up the hill, and into the middle bunker, looking for loot following Simon Smith.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 03, 2017, 06:54:32 am »

Holding position for now.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #246 on: June 03, 2017, 10:08:46 pm »

Boat 1
Toaster is gone for the weekend.

Gentlefish Continues napping. I'm actually kinda worried.

Egan is corpsed

Midnight continues being semi-responsive.

cronos5010 is also corpsed.

Boat 1 is either dead or away. Luckily your mates from the beach to the right have been drawing fire for the moment.

Boat 2
Start dragging myself towards the ramp.
"I haven't felt this bad since I was circumcised...."
You drag yourself up the ramp till you reach the barbed wire on the upper side. From your position, prone on the incline up to the grassy area past the beach, you can see the allies pushing in from the right. It seems the nazi's in the trenches have turned their attention from the beach to the closer threat.  But even flanked like they are, the Nazi's are inflicting heavy losses on your commrades; several have been cut down already.

Stay away from the entrance, and look around the gore coated bunker for loot.  Priorities are another gun (especially a shotgun!), a melee weapon, helmets, healing supplies.  Also, reload.

Doea entirely avoiding their shots reset risk?  If we were shooting at each other for three turns, and therefore at 6 risk, would we both go back to 3 risk if I hid in cover for an entire turn?

((Risk continues to increase so long as you are in the same conflict. Ie even if you break line of sight, so long as they're still trying to get you, you're still in that conflict. HOWEVER, hiding would mean the risk staying at whatever it is right now. Their risk has gone from 3 to 4 but won't increase this turn. You'd need to totally cut and run, or seperate in order to remove the risk increase.))

You press yourself up against the wall so that they can't shoot you through the doorway and start searching the bodies. A lot of the weapons were damaged in the blast, barrels bent or parts dislodged and lost somewhere in this soup of steaming entrails, blood and torn fabric. You pull a fully loaded "Red 9" Mauser C96 from someone's holster. Its got 10 rounds but you can't find any extras. You find an MG 15, half empty, and a Gewehr 43, with 1 magazine in and 2 extras. But you can't find any shotguns.

Holding position for now.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
You twiddle your thumbs. I'd give you some physical back if you were missing any.

Yottawhat: zzzzzzz

Gentlefish/Jersey is afk.
Yottawhat/Darlington is also afk x.x
Forgive me for acting for them! I've updated Darlington's sheet and will post it here [because I dislike people just being all ._. while being traumatized does make sense, it doesn't in this context that it affects them fully into a full-stop]

Also me and him, and Jersey are the only ones back here :I
Does the Medical Bag use Medical Training (Skill)?
I'm assuming a yes but just curious :p (You don't need to answer this; I'll assume 'yes' if there's no direct answer, thanks ahead!)

Darlington: Give Joan Medic Bag (temporarily), then go over and haul Jersey; if possible, loot Alan's corpse (and his dog tags).
Joan: Medic Bag self, then get to hacking a way through the barbwire with this entrenching shovel to meet up with Darlington in helping hauling Jersey's body [or Alan's loot]

Both of us: Do the above and get to a safe location with Jersey's body.
If under fire, do it as safe as we can to protect ourselves.

Joan exchanged Joakim's first aid kit for her used container. It wouldn't do much, but she improvised it to carry his dog tags and other miscellany. A pouch with straps was just as good anyway.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg (click to show/hide)
You and darlington get jersy and drag him up further towards the goal. Darlington gets the tags from him and you try and heal yourself. [5] You heal 3 life damage (or back to +0, no bonuses) but use up the medic's bag in the process.

Boat 3
Bob attempts to run up the hill, and into the middle bunker, looking for loot following Simon Smith.

[3] You run up the slope but get tangled in the barbed wire up top and fall.

[6] You stitch yourself up very very well, using up the entire first aid kit in the process. [+1 life]

Squad 3

Try to seriously not die.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)

[2]
You're stable for the moment, but not getting any better. You hope someone provides aid soon.

Bob, tangled in the wire, is shot at by two Nazi's. [3][3] Their shots wizz past his head, dangerously close. He feels they're getting their eye in and that the next shots will be better aimed.

Simon hears shouting and a moment later a grenade bounces through the door of his bunker. [3] He sees it but is too slow to grab it and throw it back out. Instead all he can do is hurl himself into the corner and curl up in a ball. [5v7][4v6] The blast slams him against the concrete and leaves him sliced up by metal and disoriented by the blast, but neither dead nor unconcious. [2v4] However, he finds himself completely covered in blood, bits of organs, skin and the severed hands, faces and limbs of men, their blood and seeping fluids coating him. He chokes back a gag and tries with ragged breath to wipe the gore off himself.
[-2 life, -2 physical, -2 mental]

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 10:32:14 pm by piecewise »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 03, 2017, 10:11:32 pm »

Squad 3

Psychically scream for help in other people's minds.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 03, 2017, 10:16:28 pm »

Reload my Recoilless Rifle with a HE round then get into cover at the top of the cliff if I have time

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2017, 12:50:49 am »

Joan, Darlington + Jersey Unconscious; Head over to Joe Nix.

Joan: Survey surroundings through scope (unless 'surroundings until nearest bunker = medium range, whereas 'use M1 Garand instead'), and fire upon any enemies.

Darlington: Use own/Joan's or Joe's/Jersey's first aid kits to first aid literally everyone who needs em.

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2017, 01:22:16 am »

but use up the medic's bag in the process.
well ._. great.
I'm working up Jersey/Gentlefish, and Yottawhat/Darlington.
I will be making them do things but not aim to kill them off [/really]
Like support/helpful stuff.
And if this action works, I'll also handle Jersey's sheet.
Also awh, I can't overheal. :P
It seems those heal items have a minimum of 2-3 successful uses then!

And since this is an OOC post, someone correct me if I've got the map right:
As an aside, I like how the tiles are around 20 or so pixels each.
So that means everything is nominally flat land.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 04, 2017, 02:31:45 am »

Sorry for not posting, I was somewhat busy yesterday.

With the Nazis currently shooting at Bob and Barak, Zack saw it as an excellent opportunity to strike...

Dash into the trench in front of me, and then shoot off the Nazi's arm/hand off.
If he manages to not lose consciousness from the pain, slit his throat with a trench knife.

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Added the sheet.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 06:19:48 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 04, 2017, 10:44:21 am »

A 3 at +2 dex wasn't fast enough?  Huh.  Well, they probably think that worked, so sit back in the gore and snack on a ration to restore life.  Hold the MG 15 ready, if anyone comes through the entrance to confirm the kill, jam the barrel into them and hold down the trigger--gonna use it as melee weapon.

...That Gewehr wouldn't happen to have a scope, and therefore count as a sniper rifle, would it?

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 04, 2017, 01:34:22 pm »

"Damn it!" Since he wasn't really certain of his chances of disentangling himself from the wire, Bob brought his rifle to ear, and unloaded 12 rounds in a burst at pair of soldiers attacking him.

If Bob can see the people shooting at them, shoot them with a 12 round burst from the BAR. If he can't see them, he tries to disentangle himself from the wire and fall down the hill a few eet in order to have some cover.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #254 on: June 04, 2017, 04:49:50 pm »

A 3 at +2 dex wasn't fast enough?  Huh.  Well, they probably think that worked, so sit back in the gore and snack on a ration to restore life.  Hold the MG 15 ready, if anyone comes through the entrance to confirm the kill, jam the barrel into them and hold down the trigger--gonna use it as melee weapon.

...That Gewehr wouldn't happen to have a scope, and therefore count as a sniper rifle, would it?

Dex is not speed sy. Speed is speed.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 228