Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468533 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2017, 02:40:02 pm »

Well, that was inevitable.

Rewaitlist me with the same sheet and the name "Crazy Jack" instead, I suppose.

Why didn't I make a new crater, though? How big is a square?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2017, 05:55:50 pm »

"...Huh.  Why did they even give me this thing?"

Welp, just push past the wire and climb up.  It's not like the wire's particularly dangerous, if you can get past on a [2].

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2017, 06:21:39 pm »

be healed pls
"I haven't felt this bad since I was circumcised...."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2017, 07:10:49 pm »

Keep sprinting forward

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2017, 07:22:39 pm »

And forwards we go, now that we're not in a crater.
Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2017, 12:42:01 am »

Ah, sorry,for not posting thought I already had. Gus will continue to try to help heal barrack.
[/quote]
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2017, 10:49:10 am »

((I'm glad we're both skilled medics; now to pray a mortar shell doesn't precisely hit us
Also Gentlefish seems absent lately--he has been so in other parts of the forum :O
I do believe this is when people can post for their buddies because inactivity makes ghosties D:))

"Hhh, tingles. Could I get some help here please? I'll check the area instead."
Let Darlington first aid me (if he agrees in his action)
If not, use first aid on myself and the two sentences below are only if possible in the timeframe after.

Use Binoculars to scout out the area more precisely.

If possible from a safe position out of the line of fire, de-barbwire the barbwire with that shovel I picked up.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:53:14 am by Tiruin »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2017, 11:19:49 am »

Stay in the cover. If someone tries to throw grenade at me, grab and throw it back.

((Okay, guys. Zack maybe a little bit bonkers, but he'll not charge at the Nazis without back-up. Can someone heal Joe Nix?))

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2017, 01:21:44 pm »

Ok, I'm gonna post this in all my games, it's just a quick explanation of personal circumstances.

I am currently on loan, working in a clinic out of state. I work 7am-5pm, 4 days a week. On the weekday I have off, I take my dad to chemo because he has late stage recurrent pancreatic cancer. When I'm home, I often have to take care of or do chores or errands for my dad. This means that I am pretty cramped for time right now. Posts will continue as often as I can, which will probably be 3-4 times a week I think. I'm just letting everyone know because my posting schedule is gonna be pretty erratic and there may be times when days could go past without a post. Don't worry, I'm not giving up on these games or getting tired of doing them, I'm just busy.

Oh and because I may start posts and have to get up and leave them half finished to come back and finish them later, I'm going to post whenever I start a turn. From that point on, make sure to make a new post, either with a new action or pointing out you edited your action if you want to change your action before the turn is posted. Otherwise, I WILL NOT NOTICE AN EDIT.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 01, 2017, 06:50:06 am »

Please take care Piecewise! :) The effort and consistency of activity is a really nice one!
Oh and because I may start posts and have to get up and leave them half finished to come back and finish them later, I'm going to post whenever I start a turn. From that point on, make sure to make a new post, either with a new action or pointing out you edited your action if you want to change your action before the turn is posted. Otherwise, I WILL NOT NOTICE AN EDIT.
This is also a very good mechanic overall :3 It helps 'tack' down posts and also announce when posts are 'locked' so new ones are needed!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2017, 12:03:54 pm »

STARTING TURN

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #236 on: June 02, 2017, 01:16:10 pm »

Boat 1
Toaster is abscent by the look of it.
Gentlefish is too.
Egan is dead.
cronos5010 is dead too.

Ah, sorry,for not posting thought I already had. Gus will continue to try to help heal barrack.
You run up to Barack and do your best to tape his floppy legs back together. [3] You manage to stitch up all his shrapnel wounds and splint both his legs. He's not...great, but you put enough morphine into him that he doesn't really notice. [+3] Life.  (Medic bag expended for this mission)

Boat 2
be healed pls
Gus runs up to you and begins working on you. You're pretty sure he does lots of stuff. Stitching. Cauterizing. Splinting. Doctor stuff. Not really sure. He hit you with a lot of morphine before he started so you don't really mind anything thats going on. [+3 life]

"...Huh.  Why did they even give me this thing?"

Welp, just push past the wire and climb up.  It's not like the wire's particularly dangerous, if you can get past on a [2].

2 is its danger rating since you'd be hard pressed to die on barbed wire.
[5] You scramble up the dirt wall and yank yourself up into the gore coated bunker. You sidle up to the entrance and poke your head out. [4] And you then jerk it right back in when the guys in the trenches up ahead of you put several rifle rounds into the air around your face.

And forwards we go, now that we're not in a crater.
Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
You sprint up across the beach. Its a lot easier now that no one is shooting at you.

((I'm glad we're both skilled medics; now to pray a mortar shell doesn't precisely hit us
Also Gentlefish seems absent lately--he has been so in other parts of the forum :O
I do believe this is when people can post for their buddies because inactivity makes ghosties D:))

"Hhh, tingles. Could I get some help here please? I'll check the area instead."
Let Darlington first aid me (if he agrees in his action)
If not, use first aid on myself and the two sentences below are only if possible in the timeframe after.

Use Binoculars to scout out the area more precisely.

If possible from a safe position out of the line of fire, de-barbwire the barbwire with that shovel I picked up.

Darlington appears to disagree via not being...here mentally. So first aid on self it is. [5] You manage to suture up the wound a bit. This would really be better with a good medical bag. [+1 life] First aid kit used up.

Boat 3
"I got you!"

Dash towards Barak and drag him to the nearest hedgehog, and take cover there.

You grab Barak and drag him to a hedgehog.

Keep sprinting forward

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

You sprint up and dive into the crater between the hedgehogs next to the ramp.

Well, that was inevitable.

Rewaitlist me with the same sheet and the name "Crazy Jack" instead, I suppose.

Why didn't I make a new crater, though? How big is a square?
I think you did, but you moved some first so I think you left a blast hole somewhere a bit more forward than where you were. As per how big a square is, its like 10-15 feet.

Stay in the cover. If someone tries to throw grenade at me, grab and throw it back.

((Okay, guys. Zack maybe a little bit bonkers, but he'll not charge at the Nazis without back-up. Can someone heal Joe Nix?))

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)
You wait around as rifle shots ping off the walls of the bunker. No grenades...yet.

Squad 3

Try and wake up.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
((That -3 is to life, not physical))

[1] You have gone into a shock.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 02, 2017, 03:04:04 pm »

Start dragging myself towards the ramp.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 02, 2017, 03:29:25 pm »

Squad 3

Try to seriously not die.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 02, 2017, 03:45:27 pm »

Stay away from the entrance, and look around the gore coated bunker for loot.  Priorities are another gun (especially a shotgun!), a melee weapon, helmets, healing supplies.  Also, reload.

Doea entirely avoiding their shots reset risk?  If we were shooting at each other for three turns, and therefore at 6 risk, would we both go back to 3 risk if I hid in cover for an entire turn?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 228