Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: An Exercise in Asinine Violence [Announcement/Conclusion]  (Read 6276 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Exercise in Asinine Violence [Turn V: Kill Uno]
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2017, 05:57:39 am »

"G'morning. Or Afternoon, ma'am."

Cal stares at the woman for a moment, and grabs some propane cans and sticks them in the back pack. If the woman show signs of attacking, Call will then flee to an aisle focusing on home repair.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2017, 12:06:59 pm »

Nix grabs the nearest weapon around, backing up in order to get space.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2017, 03:02:19 pm »

Timothy looks around for a weak player, then sneaks up on them and assassinates them.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2017, 09:48:40 pm »

Head to the cleaning section and find a nice, sturdy mop or broom.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2017, 07:53:37 am »

A. Bell basically just forgoes the middleman and stabs Kyle in the back twice
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Exercise in Asinine Violence [Turn V: Deli-Ver Us From Evil]
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2017, 09:56:09 pm »

Turn VI: Deli-Ver Us From Evil

Wily Wilson strides down the aisles of Wal-Mart, checking in at the aisle for cleaning supplies. Passing vacuums and bottles of various liquids, he finds a row of mops awaiting him. He picks up each of the metal-handled devices, experimentally swinging each like he was trying to find his signature weapon from a rack of polearms. In the end, he settles on a MightyMop(R) which has just the amount of weight and flexibility he was looking for.

Cal Ericson greets the creature, "G'morning. Or Afternoon, ma'am." Deb blinks her eyes a few times and continues to stare at him, saliva falling from her toothy mouth onto the floor. Cal urgently begins filling the backpack with those small discs of propane and their accompanying lighters. As he loads his pack, he hears Deb slowly creeping closer to him, her flip flops distinctively echoing against the tiled floor. [Agility: 1 vs 4] Cal books it with Deb hot on his tail. As he rounds the corner of the aisle, he trips over an errantly placed microwave and hits the ground on his stomach. Deb stands right over Cal, who believes that his life may indeed be over, but that's all she does, standing and chittering, and not taking any further action. Some of her spit lands on the backside of Cal's pants.

Lalli finds himself in the middle of an impromptu brawl in the Deli, and goes for whoever is closest which just so happens to be A. Bell Adams. [6 vs. 1] Lalli takes a step backward and thrusts an elbow back into Adams, who doesn't expect to have the brunt bony appendage smash straight into the center of his sternum. Adams slides backwards and drops to a knee, clutching his chest and suddenly out of breath. Lalli grabs Adams by the hair and holds his head back so that the front of his neck is exposed. Lalli raises his Baton high in the air; if this were a blade it would be an execution, but since it's just a baton, Lalli will settle for a mere crushed windpipe. [2 vs. 7-2(Wind-Knocked-Out-Of)] Before the baton comes down, Adams whips his leash around and smacks Lalli across the face with it, causing the attacker to stagger (but no injuries besides some very temporary pain) and giving Adams enough time to get back up and stagger away.

Nix backs up against the display case for the Deli as Kyle draws near. Nix reaches for his Switchblade and finds nothing, Kyle must have taken it while he was unconscious. He looks around for an improvised weapon, [Instant Weapon Improvisation: 8] and grabs a chunk of Frozen Lamb Leg from a nearby rack. Better than nothing, right? These things have been used for murder before, after all.

A. Bell Adams disengages from Lalli while that man reels in pain from a bitch-slap-via-leash and closes in on Kyle from the rear. Still coughing, Adams gets close enough to bring his Switchblade down, and then looks at his empty hand. Oh yeah, he never picked that up from the fight earlier. Well, he's too close to Kyle now to go all the way down the floor, so he settles for beating Kyle over the head with the leash. [3-2(Winded) vs. 1] Adams raises the leash into the air and then buckles at the waist, heaving for air. Kyle turns around and blinks, too confused to muster up any sort of counter move. Adams looks up, sees Kyle staring at him, and lunges forward with an overhand-leash swing, [4-2(Winded) vs. 6] and Kyle simply steps out of the way of the telegraphed attack. Adams stumbles into the Deli display case, props himself above it and catches his breath finally, returning to a normal pace of inhalation. His sternum still hurts though.

After dealing with the attack (really more of a nuisance) of Adams, Kyle turns back towards Nix, planning to extract revenge as his opponent cowers with a frozen leg of lamb. "Let's turn this robbery into a murder then!" If Kyle had a ski mask, he would definitely put it on right now. [8 vs. 1] Kyle jams the Can of Mace in Nix's face and pulls down the trigger. With his back against the glass, Nix has nowhere to move to, and the lamb leg does nothing to deflect a spray of vicious pepper. The fiery substance bakes Nix's eyes, face and bare chest. Nix drops the lamb leg and then to his hands and knees, sounding like he's coughing his lungs out as he goes blind for the moment under the effects of a devastating spray.

With the first kill under his belt, Timothy looks to expand his list. As he lurks around the store looking for weak prey, a box of text appears in front of him: You can get a new ability now, you leveled up. That's kind of the point of this. Right, free ability. Keeping that in mind, Tim walks into the Deli where everything is popping off. Everyone looks pretty good, except Nix who is basically getting incapacitated. Nix is surrounded by Kyle however, so Tim would have to get through Kyle anyways. Plus, Kyle is probably the second next weakest person, as Tim can see that the boy's been poked something fierce. Tim gets low and starts crouch-walking at Kyle, knives drawn. [Stealth: 2 vs. 10] Tim gets real close, and just as he's ready to stab Kyle through both of the kidneys, Kyle reacts lightning fast and gives Tim a quick boot to the chest that knocks him flat on his back. [8 vs. 7-2(Grounded)] Kyle follows this up with a quick kick to the gut that makes Tim feel uneasy. Tim gets up on his knees, and Kyle prepares to whack him in the face, [9 vs. 1] when Kyle jams both of his knives straight into Kyle's thighs. Kyle falls backwards against the Deli display case, his legs failing him, as Tim gets back on his feet. Kyle mutters something about Tim being a dick before two blades go through both sides of his neck. Kyle's body goes limp, still leaning on the diagonal display case, still in a semi-upright sitting position.
Timothy has slain Kyle Johnson. He upgrades to Level 2.

John Shepard spawns in the central parking lot where Frankie Dovens continues hit golf balls into the distance while orchestrating Kendrick Lamar.

Jack Black wheels his over to the Deli, overlooking all of the carnage. "Really? REALLY?!"

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:58:52 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: An Exercise in Asinine Violence [Turn VI: Deli-Ver Us From Evil]
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2017, 11:32:30 pm »

((Meanwhile, in some cosmic waiting room.
"So when do people respawn?"))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2017, 11:42:30 pm »

*burp*

If I were me, I would be absenting myself from these proceedings at a fast clip, but Leeroy is practically contractually obligated to amble onwards randomly and obliviously at this point.

Or to have already done so, given that I seem to have missed the previous turn.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:46:50 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2017, 01:39:51 am »

Flail about if anybody gets near, hope to hit somebody, otherwise try and MOVE AWAY.

- Nix
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2017, 02:32:29 am »

Why it's so hard to kill people? Use my baton as a garrote and strangle Adams.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2017, 05:43:27 am »

"Agh! Waa...? Can't you talk?"

Try to get up, and generally inquire about the wellbeing of the npc. If she shows signs of attacking, flee again to a place focusing on home repair or gardening supplies.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2017, 06:11:54 am »

Forgot to say this, waitlist me. Also, FOU, you have two abilities available to you right now.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2017, 11:28:44 am »

"Oh. I can do that?"

Level Up: Gain Regenerate Self(heal self's wounds). Level Up: Gain Project Slash(slash from a distance). Use Project Slash to kill a weak player.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2017, 11:06:33 am »

Head to the hardware section and grab a roll of duct tape and a box knife.  Tape the knife onto the end of myy mop.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2017, 12:28:13 pm »

"Oh. I can do that?"

Level Up: Gain Regenerate Self(heal self's wounds). Level Up: Gain Project Slash(slash from a distance). Use Project Slash to kill a weak player.
"Yea. It's sorta the main point of killing people. Also, I would've gotten a regeneration ability if I was successful at killing you. You know, so I could stay alive. Lastly, how can you hear me?"

((TCM, mind letting us canonically talk like this?))
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7