Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 591321 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Autumn 1940 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #2640 on: May 25, 2017, 01:55:53 pm »

Uh, what? Did he actually vote at some point? I see him throwing some sass out there with EvS, but I don't actually see him supporting the issue at any point. If he does, that's fine, but let's not go assigning votes to people because your scared your gonna lose.

Quote from: Strategy and Local Events Vote
Attack the Jungle (10): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler, NUKE9.13, Khan Boyzitbig, Funk
Attack the Plains (10): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler, NUKE9.13, Khan Boyzitbig, Funk
~~~
Formally legalise marijuana (10): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, helmacon, McHuman, Aedel, Khan Boyzitbig, Funk
Formaly criminalise marijuana (9): Azzuro, Taricus, Baffler, Madman198237, Kot, RAM, NAV, NUKE9.13, VoidSlayer,
1 Ban intoxicating beverages other than Arak and combinations of Arak and vodka: RAM
Send Expeditionary Force to defend Greece (1): Funk
Updating it for Chiefwaffle's supposed vote.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: May 25, 2017, 02:13:18 pm »

I'm still confused as to how the fact that the already-existing Peace Party smokes weed will somehow lead to them blowing up ore-mines.  Oppression leads to resistance - clamping down on freedom gives them an even larger platform to stand on.

If it's legal, we can tax it, regulate it, and benefit from tourism, medical applications, and manufacturing applications.  It'll give Peace Party advocates a hobby - so what?  Telling them "sure, smoke as much as you want" will get them elected to parliament? It'll encourage them to blow up mines? Or will they continue being the same god-damn hippies they've always been, but now they'll just be smoking pot? 

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: May 25, 2017, 02:38:28 pm »

Attack the Jungle (10): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler, NUKE9.13, Khan Boyzitbig, Funk
Attack the Plains (10): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, Azzuro, Baffler, NUKE9.13, Khan Boyzitbig, Funk
~~~
Formally legalise marijuana (11): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, helmacon, McHuman, Aedel, Khan Boyzitbig, Funk, Kashyyk
Formaly criminalise marijuana (9): Azzuro, Taricus, Baffler, Madman198237, Kot, RAM, NAV, NUKE9.13, VoidSlayer,
1 Ban intoxicating beverages other than Arak and combinations of Arak and vodka: RAM
Send Expeditionary Force to defend Greece (1): Funk

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: May 25, 2017, 02:59:14 pm »

I'm still confused as to how the fact that the already-existing Peace Party smokes weed will somehow lead to them blowing up ore-mines.  Oppression leads to resistance - clamping down on freedom gives them an even larger platform to stand on.

If it's legal, we can tax it, regulate it, and benefit from tourism, medical applications, and manufacturing applications.  It'll give Peace Party advocates a hobby - so what?  Telling them "sure, smoke as much as you want" will get them elected to parliament? It'll encourage them to blow up mines? Or will they continue being the same god-damn hippies they've always been, but now they'll just be smoking pot? 
No. What I mean is, by legalising it, more people will use it, and by using it become pacifists. The existing pacifists won't be changed, but there will be more of them.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: May 25, 2017, 03:01:22 pm »

How does smoking pot make someone a pacifist?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: May 25, 2017, 03:05:34 pm »

Because the GM has something negative and positive in mind for both things. I'd rather deal with a criminal element that we can legitimately shoot than something legal that causes us lots of problems.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: May 25, 2017, 03:07:05 pm »

How does smoking pot make someone a pacifist?
I don't know. I'm just basing this off of what Sensei has given us:
Every member of the Peace Party, a less-offensive re-branding of the Peace with Cannala Party, seems to smoke a ton of it
Either being a pacifist makes you smoke pot, or smoking pot makes you a pacifist. I consider the second to be more likely.
Long Live United Forenia!

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: May 25, 2017, 03:08:55 pm »

Clearly we need to ascertain cannabis as a patriot's choice for relaxation and use profits for the war! Hippies will turn away from it faster than the Cannalans will surrender once our troops land on their shores.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: May 25, 2017, 04:58:41 pm »

I feel that smaller rockets are, perhaps, permissible, provided that it corresponds to a total increase in net rocket volume. I mean, if we can replace one 160mmm rocket with eight 100mm rockets than maybe it means more rocket in total?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: May 25, 2017, 05:51:06 pm »

Formally legalize marijuana (12): Lightforger, Stabby, Saint, Piratejoe, Powder Miner, helmacon, McHuman, Aedel, Khan Boyzitbig, Funk, Kashyyk, Urist Mc Dwarf
Formally criminalize marijuana (9): Azzuro, Taricus, Baffler, Madman198237, Kot, RAM, NAV, NUKE9.13, VoidSlayer
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:09:53 pm by evictedSaint »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2651 on: May 25, 2017, 06:33:45 pm »

I feel that smaller rockets are, perhaps, permissible, provided that it corresponds to a total increase in net rocket volume. I mean, if we can replace one 160mmm rocket with eight 100mm rockets than maybe it means more rocket in total?
Not if it also makes people want peace with Cannala.
And especially not if it is smuggled by Cannalans.

Ban Devil Weed now, don't let your country be brought down by pacifistic regime!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Summer 1940 (Strategy Phase)
« Reply #2652 on: May 25, 2017, 06:45:25 pm »

In Forenia, a recent issue has taken over discussion in parliament: Should Marijuana be illegalized? There are currently no laws regarding the drug, but until just recently it has been relatively unknown in Forenia. Both Moskurg and Arstotzkan religious figures have advocated its illegalization after it has begun appearing in homes, on the streets, and even in church or the parliament building. PAROI member Sokol Vasiliev is quoted as saying "What if we like... used smaller rockets?" after smoking some of the substance, which gravely disturbed his fellow party members. Still, others say it's relaxing and harmless. Every member of the Peace Party, a less-offensive re-branding of the Peace with Cannala Party, seems to smoke a ton of it- some have speculated that the marijuana appearing in Forenia has been smuggled in from Cannala. You must vote to help decide whether to criminalize marijuana or keep its use legal, but the consequences, if any, aren't immediately clear. If you don't decide though, parliament will bicker without getting anything done for days!

Firstly, if our citizens are smoking it in church and in parliament, it's clearly beyond casual use and being abused. Secondly, smaller rockets are un-Forenian. Thirdly, cannabis is associated with Cannala insofar as the Peace Party uniformly smokes it and it may be smuggled in from Cannala.

It is pretty clearly stated that cannabis is linked to the Peace Party. Similarly to how the Sarukh MRL was a boost to the PAROI party, legalising weed will boost the Peace Party. I was being serious earlier when I said that this may provide the impetus for anti-war protests or even surrender negotiations.

>"Weed has proven medical and manufacturing benefits! We can't outlaw it or we'll lose those benefits!"
IRL a lot of drugs like amphetamine are outlawed, but can be prescribed by legitimate doctors for medical purposes. We're not saying remove all trace of this chemical from every square inch of Forenian ground, we're arguing that people shouldn't be able to access it freely, much like how methamphetamines are illegal but still can be prescribed by doctors today.

P.S. Historical parallel. We gonna be 19th century China now lads!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:48:47 pm by Azzuro »

United Forenia Forever!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: May 25, 2017, 06:47:39 pm »

>>>>>even surrender negotiations
That is an option that goes beyond even profoundly improbable.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: May 25, 2017, 06:50:35 pm »

Under the influence of cannabis, peace talks go from improbable to reality!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 500