Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 591104 times)

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Autumn 1940 (Revision Phase)
« Reply #2550 on: May 24, 2017, 02:10:58 pm »

As much as I'd like to do the flamethrower revision (and I had proposed something like that on the discord), NUKE's arguments on milking our advantage to what it's worth are compelling.

Quote from: Revision
aT-J02: (1)  Piratejoe
aT-J03: (8 ) Kashyyk, Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Taricus, Stabby, Khan Boyzitbig, Andrea, 3_14159
AS-HF-32c "Javeling": (1) strongpoint
UF-P40 "Emperor Penguin" parachute system: (0)
UF-FT40 "Conflagrator" (3): Azzuro, Chiefwaffles, NAV
UFS-AR-1940-A 'Warden' (1): Lightforger

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: May 24, 2017, 02:17:01 pm »

I'm quite keen on the improved flamethrower idea myself as well. I think it would be definitely something to do next turn.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 24, 2017, 02:23:31 pm »

If we don't get the jungle this turn, anyway.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: May 24, 2017, 02:27:43 pm »

Guys, back up a second. Let's improve that jet fighter. We've just revealed an ENTIRELY NEW field of technology. Make SURE it smashes them. Scares them. Terrifies them. Because we want them trying to play catch-up. We want them panicking. Next turn, we deploy another jet fighter, like the F-82 Sabre or MiG-15, like the Sobriety jet proposed last turn. Because with this design and a revision, the jets ought to become no longer Complex, and we'll have a huge lead over Cannala. Then, we revise that new jet again.
We got our air superiority solution. We DO NOT get to just go off and do other things. If we push two designs and two revision into our jet technology, we'll have a massive advantage. Also, that second jet should be large-carrier-capable, as in, can be launched from a future carrier (That we will be building, I hope).

aT-J02: (1)  Piratejoe
aT-J03: (9) Kashyyk, Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Taricus, Stabby, Khan Boyzitbig, Andrea, 3_14159, Madman198237
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 24, 2017, 03:29:55 pm »

I agree with Madman.  The jet is a powerful new tool with a lot of growth. Let's invest heavily in this new tech.  We'll out-rank Cannala so heavily they wont have a chance of catching up.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: May 24, 2017, 04:00:56 pm »

I want to at least spend this revision on the jet because I agree with you to that point, but lack of diversification on a larger timescale is part of what put us back earlier in the game... and then stepping forwards and actually building other designs largely rectified our situation!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:17:24 pm by Powder Miner »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: May 24, 2017, 04:08:29 pm »

aT-J02: (0)
aT-J03: (10) Kashyyk, Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Taricus, Stabby, Khan Boyzitbig, Andrea, 3_14159, Madman198237, Piratejoe
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: May 24, 2017, 04:26:13 pm »

Here's the thing: If we use next turn to make a large-carrier-capable jet, then the turn after that develop a large carrier (SUPRISE, SUPRISE!), we'll have such a massive aerial advantage they'll never catch us.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: May 24, 2017, 04:49:31 pm »

Here's the thing: If we use next turn to make a large-carrier-capable jet, then the turn after that develop a large carrier (SUPRISE, SUPRISE!), we'll have such a massive aerial advantage they'll never catch us.
But the jet is completely new. The carriers are not. If we make the larger carrier first, and the jet second, then it will be easier. And a large carrier would be good on its own... And also, it is very difficult to test our jet for carrier-use if we do not actually have a carrier upon which to test it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: May 24, 2017, 04:55:43 pm »

If it can match the Haast or Stinger, it'd be good. If it can work off of a Short runway (Which we can just pace out on a Long ground-based airstrip), it's good.

But yeah, we can go carrier first. But I'd prefer to just hit that jet technology a lot. If we exploit it two turns running, we might be able to get a humongous advantage relative to them. Also, this jet is powerful, but it's not going to exactly blow the competition away entirely. It's not quite fast enough. So, for the next jet, heavy armament and high speed. Deadly combination---the heavy armament is just to make the most of the limited time on target in a high-speed attack run or dive.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: May 24, 2017, 05:04:17 pm »

0 Fatbird!:
0 High-octane Fuels:
0 Vampire Night Vision System:
1 AS-HF-32c "Javeling": strongpoint
0 aT-J02:
10 aT-J03: Kashyyk, Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Taricus, Stabby, Khan Boyzitbig, Andrea, 3_14159, Madman198237, Piratejoe
0 Reachr Ship Destroyer:
0 Siamese Dolphins:
0 UF-P40 "Emperor Penguin" parachute system:
3 UF-FT40 "Conflagrator": Azzuro, Chiefwaffles, NAV
1 UFS-AR-1940-A 'Warden': Lightforger

I suggest that we do the fatbird now, and get the oil, then next turn we get high-octane fuels and upgrade everything that is under the fuel-cap with it. We would end up enhancing most of our aircraft and our motorcycles too in just two turns... We could even get naval improvements if we build an assault ship with a petrol engine.

Oh, and I missed the archer revision that includes a custom-made heavy cannon which seems seriously ambitious for a revision. Mostly because it wasn't bolded and because most of that post was already included, so I cant be bothered to go back for it now. But yes, I missed something, which means I am slightly similar to everyone else...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: May 24, 2017, 05:05:27 pm »

If it can match the Haast or Stinger, it'd be good. If it can work off of a Short runway (Which we can just pace out on a Long ground-based airstrip), it's good.
do not believe that your assessment is accurate. There is a lot more to carrier-deployment than just runway length...
Read the First Post!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: May 24, 2017, 05:07:31 pm »

aT-J03: Judging that a few high-performance high-cost planes would outperform moderate-performance moderate-cost planes, the al-Tawrbinat company was instructed to upgrade their initial engine into something more powerful and reliable. The best metallurgists in Moskurg were recruited, shown the molten remains of an aT-J01 that was pushed past its limits, and told to fix it. They devised entirely new alloys, specifically designed for use in the new engine, whilst other engineers identified ways in which performance could be improved by tweaking the size and shape of the blades, or changing the layout of the combustor.
The result is an engine that, whilst costing the same, has an increased performance due to a higher heat tolerance and optimised construction.

Now I'm going to have have a headache figuring out how the state-operated Forenian Engineering Department works with private contractors...

Normal: 3
aT-J03:
Subtle tweaks to the amount of metals in the alloy used for critical components of the aT-J01 jet engine, and a special forging process, have allowed higher rotational speeds and larger turbine and compressor blades. The improved engine is still small, but a single unit can provide as much thrust as the engine used in the Haast, while being lighter.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: May 24, 2017, 05:10:03 pm »

State-owned proxy companies, duh. All war industry is state-owned, because their only business is the state.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: May 24, 2017, 05:13:56 pm »

Awesome. We now have some ridiculously fast fighters for delivering fly-bys to planes caught in dogfights, and for intercepting bombers.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 500