Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Wiki Wars Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 56387 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 3 Turn 2: Things happened
« Reply #285 on: August 10, 2017, 10:11:05 am »

Ok, that's significantly longer than I expected. I'll visit after I win. Find somewhere to sell my Mercury rocks.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 01:54:16 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 10, 2017, 10:14:56 am »

Fly around and shoot the Volta park at random, destroying possible "soft" landings or attacking Dolosseus if he "lands" before I can start the shooting
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 10, 2017, 10:19:34 am »

Explore in the other direction

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 10, 2017, 11:06:38 am »

fucking femenists,i will get my soccer ball and kick the ball so hard that it will knock one or more of them unconcious,if even one of them will go for a strike,i will start stabbing and cutting them with my sword
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 10, 2017, 12:34:23 pm »

Post a video online using my smartphone about the hostile business practice of said local gunstore owner, just try to paint him in the most unfair light possible.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 10, 2017, 02:35:56 pm »

Right. Look for some disguise materials. Maybe even a shop selling that sort of thing. Can't be hunted down by another Warrior if they don't recognize me!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 10, 2017, 08:00:45 pm »

Go for the pool! Try to enrage ziizo with rude gestures to the point where he can't aim properly.

((I don't get a roll to dodge the fire? :/))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 3 Turn 3: Supplies
« Reply #292 on: August 14, 2017, 11:52:26 am »

Starting Location: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgetown_(Washington,_D.C.)

First, call the Glamorgan-Gwent Archeological Trust. Ask them to send over their most Indiana Jones or Lara Croft esque archaeologists, along with their highest quality historic weapons and armour.

Then loot my house for anything useful. Look for a gun (this is Murrica!), a vehicle, first aid kit, protective clothing, money and valuables, knives, my pet dog, my kids, my husband, etc.

4: You grab the cordless phone and dial the number of the trust. It takes them a while to pick up. So, while you make the call you pace around your house to look for supplies.

"Glamorgan-Gwent Archeology Trust, who am I speaking to. Oh, its you NAV. I suspect this isn't just small talk."

9+3: You explain your desire for a skilled archaelogist, ideally one with some experience in physical combat. You justify this by explaining that the site is hotly contested, and it looks like things may go sour.

"Hmm, I think we might have someone like that. Hang on a moment."

Luk: 10 "Where are you right now again? Georgetown D.C.? How fortuitous for you, we have just the man. Goes by the name of Dr. Stone. He's at an exhibition in the National Museum of Natural History. That's in the National Mall. He should be leaving soon, so I'll send him your way. We'll notify someone near your location. Where would you like to meet them? Take some time to decide if you need to. Anything else?"

You ask about any items you could "borrow", like weapons and armor.

5: "Hmm. Such things are difficult to move on such short notice. Additionally, as a charity our funds are quite limited. However, there are some things at museum we could have that man temporarily remove. Please don't let anything bad happen to them."

Supplies 9: Your weapon findings include a Webley Revolver, as well as a classic winchester rifle.

7: The vehicle is a decent motorbike. Its often easier to just take a taxi in a city like this, so you don't own a car.

9: You grab a fully stocked first aid kit off the wall. A little bulky, but it'll definitely do the job.

3: Protective clothic, lets see... Well, a leather jacket and biker helmet is better than nothing.

3: Most of your money is locked up in a safe which would be difficult to open on the phone.

2: No knives. You apparently sent them in for repair and maintenance last week, but you can't remember exactlybwhere they are right now.

5: No kids, husband, or other family here. You take a moment to greet your pet corgi. He's a bit on the small side, but if you really want to take him into the war, you can.

Ok, that's significantly longer than I expected. I'll visit after I win. Find somewhere to sell my Mercury rocks.

7+2: You notice signs pointing out how far away the mall is and find the distance too far to be acceptable.

You change your plans, and consider turning around and heading to a good place to sell your rocks. Suddenly, you realize that the best place to sell rocks from outer space would probably be one of the museums in the National Mall. Looks like for you all roads lead to Rome. Travel continues, and at a fairly brisk pace as well.

Estimated Arrival Time: 5-6 Turns.

Fly around and shoot the Volta park at random, destroying possible "soft" landings or attacking Dolosus if he "lands" before I can start the shooting
Go for the pool! Try to enrage ziizo with rude gestures to the point where he can't aim properly.

Init: Ziizo: 6+A lot, DolosusDoleus: 5, Big Guy: 2

8: The duo are falling at high speed, and their small size makes them difficult targets. Instead, you strafe around the park shooting down every good landing zone you can see! People all around the park panic, and run screaming to somewhere safer.

Luk 4: Police are called to the area in responce, as the damage to the city is too great to go unremarked. Furthermore, the local military are on high notice.

DolosusDoleus is deprived of soft targets, and all the good landing zones are aflame! That leaves the pool!

1: However, he fails to shed enough speed, and slams head first into the water! The impact into the water knocks him out. Then, he hits the floor of the pool. This cracks open his skull and finishes him off.

9: The big guy survives the fall completely unscathed. However, he is distraught by the team's failure. He mutters the following through his mask. "With no survivors." He slowly walks over to the machine gun which used to be mounted on the plane, and kills himself with it.

DolosusDoleus is dead! ziizo gains the article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fawn_antechinus

Ziizo feels the image of an interesting marsupial crawl into his mind. He can now effortlessly change between that form and his human form, keeping all assets.

Time distortion goes on cooldown. In retrospect I probably made that ability's cooldown too short. Oh well.

Explore in the other direction

10+2: You turn around and head the other way, weaving in and out of traffic in a most impressive way. Your senses stir, and you begin to sense the Edel Raid. You're heading the right way.

fucking femenists,i will get my soccer ball and kick the ball so hard that it will knock one or more of them unconcious,if even one of them will go for a strike,i will start stabbing and cutting them with my sword

Init: PaPaj: 6+2, Rally: 6

8+5+2v8: You prepare a kick as you round the corner. When they arrive, your soccer ball smashes into the phone that was recording you, breaking it instantly. Then, it ricochets and injures several of the others. They're all so shocked by this that they flee after gathering their wounded. Your sword did not need to taste blood on this day quite yet.

Post a video online using my smartphone about the hostile business practice of said local gunstore owner, just try to paint him in the most unfair light possible.

7+3+3v3: You upload a video detailing how apparently unjustly you were treated, inflating the salesman's reasonable behavior to an absurd degree. In your personal opinion, the slandarous video is a masterpiece. Let's see how many people agree.

5+3: Followers of your news agency are riled up by your tale, and begin to bombard the store on social media! Most are unable to visit in person, though one person rushes to D.C. to examine the incident. The video hasn't gone viral yet, but it may do so in time.

Right. Look for some disguise materials. Maybe even a shop selling that sort of thing. Can't be hunted down by another Warrior if they don't recognize me!

10+3: While wandering the city, you find a somewhat active art expo which has materials available very cheaply. You buy up a variety of clothes and other materials, negotiating the already cheap price even lower. After a little work, you have no less than two nearly fool proof disguises. While in a sufficently large crowd, you will be impossible to point out. Suspicious activity will still be noted. If you survive to the finale, your rough location will become public knowledge. (No metagaming to find Fallacy now. Fallacy, I recommend pming or spoiling your actions from now on.)

Spoiler: Enemy post (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PaPaj (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ziizo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Dead:

Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 05:19:57 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 14, 2017, 11:59:01 am »

Onward to the Mall then.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 14, 2017, 12:08:04 pm »

Use my knowledge of soccer to find the best place to play soccer in this city surely PajPaj as a fellow soccer enthusiast will be there
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 14, 2017, 12:22:30 pm »

Keep exploring in this direction.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 14, 2017, 02:43:10 pm »

I am sad becuse i wasnt able to cut anything open but it still was awsome Okay time to go and actually fight
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 14, 2017, 03:43:36 pm »

We'll meet at the Old Stone House, oldest original building in Washington DC.

Say by to my corgi Norene, scratch her behind the ear, give her a treat,  and promise I'll be back soon.

Gear up and go meet Dr Stone.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:21:18 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 14, 2017, 04:04:40 pm »

Puts on disguise 1, fades into anonymity... is that how that's spelled?

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 14, 2017, 04:30:49 pm »

In the meantime, head to a department store, any nearby department store, and buy some steak knives, duct tape, and some PVC piping. As long as it's within my 50$ budget..
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25