Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Wiki Wars Redux: CANCELLED  (Read 56393 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 3 Preparations
« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2017, 08:54:08 pm »

Can I be in next round, if possible?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2017, 10:21:35 am »

Feel free to skip Rapture.
The article? I agree, because the owner could en-Rapture someone in one turn, which would certainly incapacitate them.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2017, 11:23:34 am »

Feel free to skip Rapture.
The article? I agree, because the owner could en-Rapture someone in one turn, which would certainly incapacitate them.

I meant this Rapture. I voted for it to be the location of the battle, but I was telling Person that he can skip it if he wants.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 29, 2017, 11:10:17 pm »

One more player complete, and well on my way to finishing the last two. I won't be accepting anymore this round, things are taking long enough as it is. By the way, check out the first post. I've changed how skill/stat bonuses are arranged. In my personal opinion, this new way makes them IMMENSELY more neat/compact/easier to read. If you disagree, tell me.

Edit: FINALLY DONE WITH ARTICLES. TURN COMING SOON.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 08:00:05 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars Redux: Round 3 Turn 0: Final Countdown
« Reply #259 on: August 02, 2017, 09:02:57 pm »

Starting Location: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgetown_(Washington,_D.C.)

At long last, we begin our third round of Wiki Wars Redux.

The starting location for this battle royale is Volta Park, located 1 block away from the center of Georgetown in Washington D.C.

Georgetown is situated on the bank of the Potomac river, and the port there is a veritable hub of trade.

Our competitors should be arriving at the park any moment now. 8 warriors will begin in this arena, but only one can win.

Our first arrival is a two time participant in this competition. Is three their lucky number? Only time will tell. This warrior is clothed in the uniform of the Hershey Bears hockey team and holding a hockey stick high. He sits on an unusual looking saddle, atop an even more unusual mount! This collosal beast with a thick skull, sharp canines, and a trio of sharper horns is the Uintatherium, a mammal previously thought extinct for over 50 million years. Let's hear it for Enemy post!

Next is someone new! Standing head and shoulders above the rest of their foes, here's PaPaj! He is by far the most physically capable of the lot. He wears an effective looking set of armor, and has a sword to match it. He also has a variety of sports equipment, which may give him some extra versatility.

Time for another returning challenger! Were it not for the unnaturally sharp and cold ice saber she's holding in her gloved hands, NAV wouldn't have much going for her this round. However, should she get a handle on her more liquid assets, the tide may turn in her favor.

Time for the return of ziizo, who has put forth a good showing in both of the last two rounds. Will he be able to continue this vicious streak and claim victory once and for all? Considering that he has an A-Wing, there's a pretty damn good chance that the answer is yes.

Retired champion DolosusDoleus is also back for this round! In sharp contrast to his previous abilities, he has received a more offensive skillset. He sits in the pilot seat of the iconic WW1 fighter known as the Vickers F.B.5! Painted on both sides of the nose of the plane is a masterful image of Pepe the frog. The frog is laughing. The gunner's seat holds a somewhat burly looking man wearing a Guy Fawkes mask. You could say he's a big guy. The two men step out and join the rest of their foes.

Moving on, we have the return of our runner up from last round Rautherdir! Wearing a WW2 US aviation uniform affixed with postal badges, she steps out of the Grumman LLV. This vehicle is an iconic postal truck seen all over the United States of America. After taking a good look at the WW2 fighter she has towed behind it and comparing it to the Pepe laden antique that arrived before her, she grins in anticipation and joins the growing circle of warriors. As she does, she remembers feeling the energy of an Edel Raid somewhere in the city. She can't quite pinpoint the magical being's location yet though.

Time for AoshimaMichio to arrive. He is another newcomer to this deadly game, so give him a warm welcome. He carries a well stocked toolbox and a business card that states his leadership of the Deutscher Volksverband political party. For those who aren't familiar, here's a little history. This party was minority of germans in poland that were rather fond of the Nazis. Before WW2 began, the party initially served to sabotage the existing governent as a fifth column, as well as build support for Germany's armed forces in preparation for the invasion of Poland. As he steps towards the circle, he begins to feel an odd synergy with the two men that just stepped out of the Pepe Plane...

Our last competitor is flying in on a plane! Notably, this one has no weapons. The pilot is NRDL, who holds ownership of a newspaper. They've brought a reporter ally with them in the passenger seat. As the two step out of the plane and towards the growing circle of imminent death and violence, he looks back and forth at the heavily armed foes before him as well as the soccer ball that is his only weapon. His ally reassures him that this was a good idea. "I've covered wars, you know.

With that, all 8 warriors are gathered here today. But wait, someone is riding in on a bicycle at the last second! Its FallacyofUrist, wearing the uniform of the US Navy! Pinned on his uniform is a medal of honor. Sheathed at his waist is a curved turkish sword. Unusually, they also happen to be carrying a small bag of coal. I guess we'll just have to let him in then. Now, where was I? Ah yes.

Now that all 9 warriors are here, we can get started. Each of them await the signal that will mark the beginning of the war with great anticipation! In the distance they hear a bell begin to toll! They have a scarce few seconds left to prepare, as they suddenly know that when bell tolls 12 noon, the bloodshed will begin.

What will they do?

Spoiler: Enemy post (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PaPaj (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ziizo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

By the way, the forums just don't like certain links. You'll have to copy paste if you really want to see them, as I can't be bothered to fuck with tags anymore.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:29:48 am by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 02, 2017, 09:17:02 pm »

Hey, DC. I almost paid for the White House as the location.

Also, everyone jump Ziizo now, before he takes off.

In the name of Canada, charge Ziizo on Uintatheriumback and bash him with my hockey stick as my Uintatherium attacks him.

On second thought, the A-wing doesn't seem as much a threat as I thought.

In the name of Canada, charge AoschimaMichio on Uintatheriumback and bash him with my hockey stick as my Uintatherium attacks him.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:45:42 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 02, 2017, 09:45:21 pm »

Drive off and explore around town

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 02, 2017, 10:25:55 pm »

Enter the A-wing and attack the others flying warriors
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2017, 12:28:45 am »

Go to a local gunstore, see what guns and ammunition they have to offer for under 50$. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2017, 03:01:39 am »

Go and explore the town
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2017, 08:43:14 am »

Get on bike, ride to a mineralogy shop and purchase some Anthracite, the type of coal that provides the most power when burned. Also produces much less greenhouse gasses when burned.
((Because I want to do something useful with my smattering of geology knowledge for once.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2017, 11:07:40 am »

Dear god, I'm a memelord aren't I.

Systematically flip ziizo off and sling some well-timed insults at him regarding his parentage, appearance, interest in soccer, and fashion sense. Then hop in the pilot's seat of the pepe-plane and take off. If possible have Anon (Bane) shoot ziizo from the gunner's seat.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 03, 2017, 02:13:52 pm »

So i'm not in this round. Oh well.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 03, 2017, 04:04:10 pm »

Produce a sharp whistle resembling that or referees to stop that canadian hockey fan attacking me. The explaing how he was breaking rules (law) and explaining his very unbecoming sportsmanship (philosophy) attacking pedestrian while he himself is mounted on a beast. He should rather be attacking those on same footing as him, namely that guy on motorcycle (propaganda).
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 03, 2017, 04:15:08 pm »

Just missing NAV now. I should probably note a couple things.

Two of you just said to explore the town. It probably can't hurt to be more specific about what you might be looking for. That's not to say a generic exploration action is without benefits though, especially in regards to Rautherdir.

AO, that probably isn't going to be effective as you think it is. It could work to confuse/intimidate the beast, but most of the time mental "attacks" like that are ineffective against players unless they're based on an ability. Still, with good enough rolls anything is possible I suppose.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:18:47 pm by Person »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25