Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 360057 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #645 on: December 03, 2017, 07:22:00 pm »

"Do you know what happened to the pilgrims?"
I'm hoping to get a description of the pilgrims from him, see if I see them when I go myself later. I have no need to mention that I'm a pilgrim myself though.

My intention on how I treat this man is a bit of a mixed double-standard. He might be an ally like he says he is and he also might be a fanatic in service to the church that volunteered for this. He also might have BEEN an ally but been convinced by recent events to turn to the Church. So I'm not going to risk saying anything that commits me to one side or the other.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 07:25:21 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 04, 2017, 05:38:51 am »

((Wow, jackpot! Finally after 6 months of cave adventure we have something to show for it. Now we just need to survive long enough to enjoy our winnings (inb4 all of zombroraptor's friends come bash our face in).))

Divide the gems evenly so every member has 250 gold worth of gems. Would 250 gold for Rufus be enough to cover our debt to the guild?

See if there's anything left of the creature that could make for a nice totem and could serve as evidence of our conquest (even something small like a piece of bone or a tooth).

Check the damage to Ecalir's armor. Could we repair it here? If yes, try to do so.

Then, we march on!

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 04, 2017, 11:29:28 pm »

Take some more time scrounging, but this time spend a few coins on furnishings, and spread the word what I'm in business for.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:45:40 am by Devastator »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 05, 2017, 01:50:48 pm »

Right. I'm standing in the middle of a sandy desert, right? So let's go a dozen paces from anything important or flammable, and apply a loong burst of fire to the sand in front of me. The idea being to make a glass sled, capable of running smoothly across sand. Going to need temperatures of about 1700 celsius, so if nothing happens after a five minutes, give up.

Given that that's going to fail: Attempt to construct a draggable body-bag/hammock thing from the man's clothes and my camping supplies. Obviously, don't cut up the tent. Use the 100 foot rope well... bind him, to reduce limb friction, for example.

On the off-chance the glass thing is successful, try and get a smooth, convex top. Then wait for it to cool, flip it over, and use it as a bloodbag sled.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 05, 2017, 09:05:58 pm »

Score. Pocket the gems and let Darwin look over my armour. When everyone's ready, follow his lead and march on. Do some serious victory flexing throughout all of this.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #650 on: December 10, 2017, 12:45:26 pm »

"Do you know what happened to the pilgrims?"
I'm hoping to get a description of the pilgrims from him, see if I see them when I go myself later. I have no need to mention that I'm a pilgrim myself though.

My intention on how I treat this man is a bit of a mixed double-standard. He might be an ally like he says he is and he also might be a fanatic in service to the church that volunteered for this. He also might have BEEN an ally but been convinced by recent events to turn to the Church. So I'm not going to risk saying anything that commits me to one side or the other.

"Is anyone there? Open the door, this is important."
Knock on the door. If she doesn't open it, break it down and prepare to use my special mana draining wrestling move.
Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
"Do you know what ha-"

Your question is interrupted by a series of loud banging knocks on the door.

"Is anyone there? Open the door, this is important" comes a shout from outside.

Take some more time scrounging, but this time spend a few coins on furnishings, and spread the word what I'm in business for.

You spend a few gold to buy up furnishings from locals; you don't bother to find a carpenter or anything, you just walk around until you find something you like in one of the saloons or similar businesses and dazzle them with coins. You get everything you think you'll need for 10 gold pieces and then haul it back to your new home. You tell everyone about your business of healing the sick and injured along the way, directing them back to the new building.

Right. I'm standing in the middle of a sandy desert, right? So let's go a dozen paces from anything important or flammable, and apply a loong burst of fire to the sand in front of me. The idea being to make a glass sled, capable of running smoothly across sand. Going to need temperatures of about 1700 celsius, so if nothing happens after a five minutes, give up.

Given that that's going to fail: Attempt to construct a draggable body-bag/hammock thing from the man's clothes and my camping supplies. Obviously, don't cut up the tent. Use the 100 foot rope well... bind him, to reduce limb friction, for example.

On the off-chance the glass thing is successful, try and get a smooth, convex top. Then wait for it to cool, flip it over, and use it as a bloodbag sled.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
You actually  do manage to create yourself a glass sled sort of thing using the fire rod. Its not perfect, mind you, the bottom isn't very smooth and you're fairly certain it won't survive much horseplay, but in terms of just dragging a body, it will work. You strap long strips of cloth to the front and start dragging the body towards the pillars of lead. Its still hard work, but significantly easier than what it was before.

Eventually, several hours later, you see what you think is one of the pillars. Its dark by now so you just see a looming strip of black starless sky in the distance.

Score. Pocket the gems and let Darwin look over my armour. When everyone's ready, follow his lead and march on. Do some serious victory flexing throughout all of this.

I'm going to assume you guys split the gems evenly among yourselves.  First because it makes sure that if one of you gets horribly murdered they don't take the entire load with them. Second, its just fair.

Your armor does have a big gash in it, but its unfortunately not the sort of thing that can be fixed here, at least not without fire and a hammer.

((Wow, jackpot! Finally after 6 months of cave adventure we have something to show for it. Now we just need to survive long enough to enjoy our winnings (inb4 all of zombroraptor's friends come bash our face in).))

Divide the gems evenly so every member has 250 gold worth of gems. Would 250 gold for Rufus be enough to cover our debt to the guild?

See if there's anything left of the creature that could make for a nice totem and could serve as evidence of our conquest (even something small like a piece of bone or a tooth).

Check the damage to Ecalir's armor. Could we repair it here? If yes, try to do so.

Then, we march on!

250 will more then cover that debt.

You take the skull. Its made out of ordinary, non precious stone so it really only has value as a keepsake.

Unless you have fire to soften the metal and a hammer to knock it back into place, you aren't gonna be able to fix it here. It will still protect him pretty well regardless though (d6-1)

You guys follow the path along the water's edge until it ends in a large open room. You can't tell how large it is, but your torches can't reach any walls and the echo of your feet reverberate dozens of times. The chamber must be massive and the river cuts straight across it, as far as you can tell from the sound.

"We should be careful not to get lost in here" Rufus says, "Cave darkness can easily disorient"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 10, 2017, 12:52:59 pm »

I open the door.
"Can I help you?"

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 10, 2017, 02:04:28 pm »

"Some guys hired me to check if you are an evil wizard doing evil wizard stuff. They said something about an agreement and that I should check if you are doing anything suspicious. I'm here to make sure you don't make anything bad becaue they think you might be planning to betray them or something. Wait, I don't think they mentioned what the agreement was. I guess I'll just be staying here for some time to make sure you don't try anything funny, and if I see you doing anything evil or suspicious I'll probably try to kill you. Are you actually a wizard?"
Enter the room. Use my mana drain power.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:37:25 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 10, 2017, 02:10:36 pm »

"You... what?"
is confused by the fast-talking man.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:16:59 pm by Lenglon »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 10, 2017, 02:20:29 pm »

"Are. You. Evil?"
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:37:33 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 10, 2017, 02:54:29 pm »

"No?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 10, 2017, 03:49:20 pm »

You guys follow the path along the water's edge until it ends in a large open room. You can't tell how large it is, but your torches can't reach any walls and the echo of your feet reverberate dozens of times. The chamber must be massive and the river cuts straight across it, as far as you can tell from the sound.

"We should be careful not to get lost in here" Rufus says, "Cave darkness can easily disorient"

"As before, you speak with wisdom. Perhaps we should put up a lamp here so we'll have a central orientation point?

Ecalir, would you be willing to share some of that mana you generated when you slew that beast?"

Hang up a lamp near the room's entrance, unless Rufus advises against it. Then continue on carefully, checking for hidden predators or dangers as before.

Ponder if there's a way for us to recognize when we'll have reached the location where the stone tablets we're chasing should reside.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:34:48 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 10, 2017, 04:06:49 pm »

"I'll be staying here and watch you closely to make sure you don't try anything because the people here doesn't trust you. Understand? Next question.
Are. You. Wizard?"

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:37:40 pm by randomgenericusername »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 10, 2017, 04:29:42 pm »

"No, you wont. No, I'm not. Now then, GET OUT."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:31:20 pm by Lenglon »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 10, 2017, 04:37:24 pm »

"No, I can't. The Church guys hired me to make sure you don't do anything suspicious and you are being extremely suspicious right now."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:37:47 pm by randomgenericusername »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 203