Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 360020 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #660 on: December 10, 2017, 04:40:56 pm »

"You're invading my home and saying you're going to live with me. I haven't heard anything at all about this from the church. You're a liar, and you have no right to be here. GET. OUT. I will be talking to them myself in the morning."

edit:
I pause after speaking.
"Actually, I may have spoken too soon. You said the church hired you? Show me the contract, and I'll accept it as proof of your honesty."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:30:52 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 10, 2017, 05:03:04 pm »

"It's not invasion if you open the door first! They hired me to keep an eye on you, not live with you.
What do you mean with contract? I don't think I have one, but they did give me the address and told me to make sure she doesn't do anything suspicious. And why would I lie? I could have chosen not to mention that they hired me or that I work as a wizard hitman. What do you know about these church guys?"

Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:37:55 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 10, 2017, 05:24:30 pm »

Use my knowledge of caves to figure out which way to go, and then go there!
Also figure out how good my rock hammer is as a weapon.

Also maybe I could get some levelups over time due to starting with half as many stats as normal? Finishing off that vampire might be a good place to start. :3

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:27:02 pm by Egan_BW »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 10, 2017, 06:42:37 pm »

"So you expect me to just take you at your word when you come barging in here in the middle of the night with no proof whatsoever. Yeah, no, I'm not a moron. No mercenary worth a damn would take a job without a contract or proof of payment. You're just a common thief trying to fasttalk your way in here to steal anything you can get your hands on. well guess what. GET YOUR THIEVING ASS THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"
Nina is intentionally making a ton of noise by the way, assistance from neighbors would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:30:59 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 10, 2017, 06:48:29 pm »

"I don't do this for money. Wizards always abuse of their powers and someone has to stop them."
Use my super secret special mana draining wrestling move. Defend myself with the shield
Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:38:04 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 10, 2017, 06:50:13 pm »

((Verifying: You are attacking her? Nina has yelled at you, yes, but has not actually done anything to Randolf yet.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 10, 2017, 06:56:26 pm »

((You refuse to comply with letting him see what have you been doing, insulted him and also you are being hella suspicious and crazy. The church men warned him and said that you might be trying to betray them and stuff. He thinks you might be lying and actually an evil wizard so he is going to confirm this by checking if you have mana on you. Not an attack but if he manages to absorb mana from you he will know that you lied to him about not being a wizard and probably on being evil too.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 10, 2017, 07:03:02 pm »

((Got it, you are grabbing and throwing her around in response to being ordered out of her home.))

Yeah, no. 1) I'm not letting this bastard grab me in the first place
2) if he does, I'm draining him of his mana in response.
3) Also, I'm grabbing whatever weapon comes to hand, be it hammer or scalpel or whatever, and will be responding to this assault with lethal force.
4) if the man I just finished helping, or the owner of the place, or anyone else who i've been living next to for the last several days, chooses to come to assist in response to the yelling, their aid would be appreciated.

((Damn you're dumb))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:31:07 pm by Lenglon »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 10, 2017, 07:04:31 pm »

((To be fair, his character is described as "Ugly as hell. Smells like rotten fish. Very brutish."

He's certainly playing the part!  :P ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 10, 2017, 07:07:36 pm »

((Yeah, minus the throwing, because they hired him for that. And yes he is also a little dumb. You could just have shown him that you were healing someone and he would have belived in anything you said but I understand if you were roleplaying that part. Sorry.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 10, 2017, 07:09:18 pm »

((You're inside her room. You can SEE WHAT IS IN THERE AND WHAT SHE WAS DOING.))

((Nina's from a poor part of town. dealing with thieves is a part of life. You showing up in the middle of the night with no proof of anything that you're saying and while insisting on going in is, for her, proof that you're, literally, a lying thief.))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:12:13 pm by Lenglon »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 10, 2017, 07:14:33 pm »

((I though we were talking at the entrance, and because you didn't explain it IC I might think you actually captured the guy since I didn't see you heal him.))
"...But we sense betrayal in her. She is... Slippery. We would employ your services to make sure she does not break her promises."
((And the mana drain attack doesn't do physical damage, I'm just using it to confirm if you are actually a wizard IC))

((I guess we are both very paranoid and thinking that we are being lied to. Oh well. Once I confirm you are a wizard I will probably flee and talk with the guys who hired me.))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:17:56 pm by randomgenericusername »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 10, 2017, 07:18:11 pm »

((She was going to, but you shouldered your way in at:
Enter the room.
After that point, you've been inside, since I didn't oppose the action even though she did not invite him in or give permission to enter.))

((and after you do that you're going to have to escape with your life. Nina is going to literally murder you, since you outright told her at the start of this that if she was a wizard he would kill her.))

((again, you're the one forcing all of this. If you want to backtrack I'm fine with it. Just making sure you understand exactly what the hell you've gotten yourself into. You are about to be outnumbered probably about 3 to 1 in a lethal encounter. are you sure you want to do this.))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:22:02 pm by Lenglon »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 10, 2017, 07:21:18 pm »

((I assumed that since I made entering an action, any talking would occur before that. if you block him from entering then that would be a roll and would also happen after the talking. You can still block him from entering.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 10, 2017, 07:23:39 pm »

((What you just said makes no sense to be cronologically. If you were still outside she wouldn't be ordering you out at all. She'd have simply slammed the door in your face and locked it.))

((... shall we retcon back to before she ordered you out the first time?))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:25:49 pm by Lenglon »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 203