Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: (SG)The Federation  (Read 3220 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: (SG)The Federation
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2017, 10:43:26 pm »

A species united in dogma.  Genetic purity was its transcendence, any species it conquered was swiftly "incorporated" into the nation as peons. Humanity was an exception, deemed deeply heatheonous, worthy of no redemption. the simple exploration ship held big promises. they offered the Warp Drives. they offered manufacturing speculations, industrial capacities, anything and everything they had in that little ship.

If only to contribute to the war their species is desperately fighting now.

A. the Soldiers was armed, and Humanity prepared. We accepted their offer.
B. We took it from them and put them all down. we would do this alone.
C. We turned them away, we went our own path because we had something they did not.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2017, 10:45:25 pm »

A, I don't know if our little outpost can deal with a purist genotype of aliens, they may want the help

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2017, 11:01:27 pm »

A. "Tribute does not flow from a dead race.(Bonus cookie if anyone IDs the quote."

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2017, 11:05:27 pm »

They landed, and you met face to face. They were strange, strange creatures. the closest you would call them was cephalopods turned anthropomorphic. You couldn't really handle how strange they were, but the leader and diplomats persevered anyways. You idly note how some Earthborn would probably have found them mysterious and would've probably considered Xenophilia.

They spoke of massive factories, even bigger ships. all of them automated, all of them dormant, waiting for a human touch. an aliens couldn't do as Mans tools were meant for man alone at the time. These would be a start, as such tools would most likely allow the colony to survive whatever minor fleets it would come by to exterminate them again. Mankind on the colony had experienced a population boom, having reached a full two million. Synthetic workers were rapidly becoming commonplace. Your workforce was rapidly divided between highly trained soldiers, trained from birth, or scientists, engineers, and men of the mind. Manual labor was done by criminals, the forgotten and the synthetics, mainly synthetics. It was easier to build a machine then to raise a person for the duty, most of the time.

A. The first skirmishes were done with humanities finest in front, each killing a horde before falling.
B. Massive synthetic war machines dominated the battlefield, before their ravenous barrels destroying entire regiments before falling.
C. Mankind's legacy was realized. a Massive dreadnaught had been awoken, and its assistance had resulted in several successes in the battles among the stars.
D. Another empire, with a agenda of its own, saw humanity and offered its assistance in return for help in cracking the artifacts of Humanities legacy.

((I googled it, nice.))

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2017, 11:08:36 pm »

D, let's add new characters to this conflict only for the sake of variety.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 11:12:45 pm »

C. Currently, The Federation is ruled by an iron fist. If one cannot trust the glovemaker, than one should not wear the glove. (Sorry, trying to be IC).

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2017, 09:52:48 am »

the Chaos of Random.Org chooses
C

We spoke long and hard with the aliens holding a human ship. they gave us much in tactical information, posbilities for the future and salvage potential.

And then another came. in one, signle warship which had half the size of the Human derelict, and they spoke.

we couldn't trust the other. they held motives we couldn't trust for, and wanted things from the future we could not give.. they sounded disappointed before their ships left.

It took three months for the first exploration ship of our own to be created. It took just two weeks for the first unknowable object to be found.

click link for approximate picture. ((massive!))

It was a massive warship, later in design than the previous ship that was found. the death of its crew by atmospheric loss had reactor failure had caused the ship to be forgotten, until now. with a township by the friendly ones, the ship was moved to the Colony, and in just a couple weeks, it was active once again, it's new crew learning its functions through the basic AI it held onboard.

A. The Other held hate and soon struck back.
B. The purists found us.
C. A faction of Humanity, deadened and piratical fought us. They were no match for us.
D. We prepared. we waited.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 09:55:31 am by Blood_Librarian »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2017, 10:11:26 am »

B

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2017, 11:10:10 am »

C. They called themselves "Freedom Fighters", but they were nothing more than bandits.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2017, 04:59:48 pm »

Bump, gonna need a tie breaker.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2017, 05:25:17 pm »

C. They called themselves "Freedom Fighters", but they were nothing more than bandits.
+1
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2017, 06:25:18 pm »

Of the four interstellar ships built in the shipyards of Colony, three were war vessels, and only one was bigger than a frigate. these ships were the pride and joy of Humanities last colony, and all three military vessels were destroyed in a protracted combat between the Freedomfighters. they demanded our resources like rats to a corpse, and we denied them. We destroyed their first force, but the two frigates were completely shattered, the cruiser committed to Space-Hulk status, and the dreadnaughts shields rendered down to 80% by the end of the battle. It became a battle of cat and mouse, as the dreadnaught desperately had to loose the following war fleet that was committed shortly, and not to reveal the location of the colony. It took two years for the Dreadnaught to return home, it's hull scorched and warn. They were still out there, however.

A. Isolation was the name of the game, we did not let anyone in or out of the system, even the Alien ship, and their friends.
B. A great migration of the aliens who had given us the gift of the warp drive had come, and virtually overnight our population tripled, they believed we would rule and do better then anyone else could.
C. They found us, and we fought a desperate guerilla war, Man versus man. our warriors were truly honed during that time, both on ground, in the orbital defense installations and in the Dreadnaught.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2017, 07:01:47 pm »

C

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2017, 07:06:49 pm »

C.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2017, 09:17:05 pm »

"Shit, shit, SHIT! GRENADE, GET DOWN!"

an explosion rocked the building encampment, shrapnel bouncing throughout the building and nailing the leader of the squadron with a bolt of metal the size of a toenail clipping through his heart. the rest of the five persons went through the explosion unharmed and promptly returned fire to the enemy.

"Damned, Sarge is dead!

the enemy spoke in a weird, foreign dialect of Humanity that they didn't understand, but they kept firing.

Eventually, with sheer will and tactical maneuvering, the enemy was laid to rest, the fellow men put down.

this type of fight had re-occurred in varying differences in every battle against the Freedom fighters. Orbital maneuvering and tactical superiority had won the day countless times, but the assistance of the friendly aliens had been insurmountable, resulting in a decided victory of the enemy menace.

A. They never surrendered, and they were all killed to the last.
B. They retreated, wounded and without pride. they wouldn't return for a long time.
C. They surrendered, and their materials confiscated, including their ships.

What were the names of the aliens who had inhabited the human-made exploratory ship?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6