Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Not Another God Game  (Read 11784 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Not Another God Game
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2017, 08:18:49 pm »

Recently I have really been in the mood for wh 40k.
Spawn as a hive mind.
In a single hive ship. With a single norn queen. And the swarmlord.

That sounds like it needs a nerf. Controlling a giant space ship and a creature with the potential of creating an army... I dunno. How about something less insanely powerful?
Hey it isn't really that powerful. It would take a couple days to have a substantial army, and nothing is stopping everyone from teaming against them. Many of them are gods, and I wouldn't be able to counter their powers. I mainly just wanted to provide a main enemy. For fun.
Gods are each others worst enemies. Some times A god is his/her own worst enemy as well. Or potentially their followers.
Just my thoughts.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2017, 09:32:27 pm »

Mox doesn't care that it's not an axe, he gives the adze to a rebellious villager anyway.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2017, 10:00:12 pm »

I meditate in order to understand the truth of the tablet's power, and bring out its full potential if I am able.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2017, 06:38:59 am »

Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2017, 07:01:40 am »

Spawn as a hive mind.
In a single hive ship. With a single norn queen. -snip-

Please?
The chaos god and law god are already making the world their battlefield. We don't really need a big bad evil guy for everyone to team up against; it's more likely that people are going to be picking sides between law and chaos.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2017, 07:07:39 am »

Spawn as a hive mind.

Please?
The chaos god and law god are already making the world their battlefield. We don't really need a big bad evil guy for everyone to team up against; it's more likely that people are going to be picking sides between law and chaos.

Gah.
Spawn as the God Emperor of Mankind.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2017, 01:51:47 pm »

"Grrrr. Take THIS!"
Tikknat walks up to the chaos warded forest and stomps once in the direction of it, causing the ground to go mental and start constantly changing through out the entire forest, with areas of importance to Order being sent the highest and the places with the least amount of Order being sent the lowest.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2017, 01:55:50 pm »

"Grrrr. Take THIS!"
Tikknat walks up to the chaos warded forest and stomps once in the direction of it, causing the ground to go mental and start constantly changing through out the entire forest, with areas of importance to Order being sent the highest and the places with the least amount of Order being sent the lowest.
How is that chaotic? If anything, you're ORGANIZING the forest, which aligns more with Order.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2017, 02:00:52 pm »

"Grrrr. Take THIS!"
How is that chaotic? If anything, you're ORGANIZING the forest, which aligns more with Order.
Heh heh.
constantly changing
The ground is constantly moving. And this is only step 1 of 3.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2017, 02:10:34 pm »

"Grrrr. Take THIS!"
Heh heh.
constantly changing
Leave the ironwoods alone.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2017, 02:43:34 pm »

"Grrrr. Take THIS!"
Heh heh.
constantly changing
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT, I'M NOT GOING TO TOUCH YOUR GOD DAMN IRONWOODS UNLESS THEY LITTERALLY FORM A GIANT FUCKING SHIELD AROUND THE FORCES OF ORDER, IS THAT UNDERSTOOD!?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2017, 02:54:20 pm »

"Grrrr. Take THIS!"
Heh heh.
constantly changing
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT, I'M NOT GOING TO TOUCH YOUR GOD DAMN IRONWOODS UNLESS THEY LITTERALLY FORM A GIANT FUCKING SHIELD AROUND THE FORCES OF ORDER, IS THAT UNDERSTOOD!?
They are inside the forest. By neglecting to specify if you're leaving them alone, the assumption has to be that they're included. I suggest that you say otherwise.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2017, 04:46:05 pm »

1 more day for people to post their actions before I update in a grandiose fashion.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2017, 05:52:53 pm »

1 more day for people to post their actions before I update in a grandiose fashion.
*pokes Rethi-Eli with a stick*

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2017, 09:41:48 pm »

*pokes Rethi-Eli with a stick*
*returns poke*

Just wander to another realm.

You leave, but you're unable to find another realm. You feel kind of bad for letting those peasants get burninated.

-25 karma

Huh. Ah, well. That kind of ship is more suited to the flying variety, though...

Try to fix the tron disk, and make more of them.
Strap a large balloon onto the back of this fishing boat. Make it a hot-air boatloon.

4, 5

You manage to fix the torn disk, and create another perfectly functional one. You toss them in the boat, patch it up, and conjure a massive balloon to strap onto it - the result is a mini airship.

Yet another whisper is carried by the wind. This time it would, if successful, to make the talking animals of the forest intelligent.
Kind of like in fables and fairy tales, nothing too drastic. I hope.

edit: I think you may have forgotten the Karmic system Wozzy had in place?

edit2:

Send a sharp whistle through the wind, So that some of the Ents will come to the aid of the God of Order.
So that he remains safe from harm's way.

(Remember that the Ents are warded from the effects of chaos.)

1, 4

You start to whisper again, but you're interrupted by a fit of coughing and your whisper is flubbed. You clear your throat and whistle sharply. A small group of nets stagger over towards you. While they don't seem like they'd be competent in combat, their tough bark nets them some good defensive properties.

The earth quakes again underneath your feet.

It's time to create a political figure as a leader for the SAGT, turn one of my mini-tornado creatures to have more leader-like qualities. This new entity will be more larger than the other kinds of his species, shoot black lasers out of his eyes, and more importantly expand the leader's ability to deceit and make people feel prideful about themselves. This new leader's name shall henceforth be called, Cupcake.

Next we need to expand he SAGT's influence and followers, appeal to the common folk that the nobles will be taxed like everyone else. You know what, just have the SAGT have a campaign of propaganda with whatever print material we use, use the aristocracy as a scapegoat and blame them on everything. This is how modern politics works, something like that.

(How do I lose karma when I'm just inciting a political rebellion, you have to break a few eggs to get an omelette, y'know.)[\s]
3, 6

You attempt to create a deadly creature to serve as a leader. In the end, it manifests as a rather large buffalo with black laser eyes, but you still call that a win. Cupcake moos impatiently.

You then summon a large group of peasants and turn them against the aristocracy. However, they seem a bit too fervently hateful of the elite when you're done addressing them, and a lot of them take up arms and start charging the nearest small castle that houses nobility. Needless to say, the castle's small but elite guard decimates the peasant army, turning about a third of your potential followers into cripples or corpses.

Mox doesn't care that it's not an axe, he gives the adze to a rebellious villager anyway.

Too lazy to delete the random triple quote so let's leave it like that

You toss the adze towards the rebellious villager. They're almost instantly corrupted by the power of the axe, and begin cackling maniacally while swinging wildly at everything nearby, sans yourself. Perhaps this can be useful...

I meditate in order to understand the truth of the tablet's power, and bring out its full potential if I am able.

You spend some time staring at the tablet's strange symbols. They being to coalesce, and form a brief but poignant sentence.

Something is coming

Spawn as a hive mind.

Please?

Gah.
Spawn as the God Emperor of Mankind.

You materialize in a strange forest, full of strange trees. You're accompanied by 4 space marines, each heavily armed and armored.

"Grrrr. Take THIS!"

You roar, and slam your foot into the ground. While most of the forest remains level-ish, two spots jut far out from the rest - one to the Northeast and one straight North.

All noise in the forest seems to be muted. Birds stop chirping, the crickets are silent, and trees stop rustling in the wind. Those of you with a skeletal system feel shivers run down your spines, and those of you who lack spines just get the heebie-jeebies.

A few rainclouds roll in from all directions.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7