Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Not Another God Game  (Read 11537 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Not Another God Game
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 05:23:45 pm »

Standard RTD rules. Info here if you're new
Realized link was broken. Fix'd it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 06:08:50 pm »

Name: Mox
Desc: A giant flaming die wearing a paper mask that is absolutely useless as a disguise. Is chaotic and crazy.
Bio: Mox totally is not from another world entirely originally and definitely not has decided to mess with this world a bit. The paper mask exists clearly as adornment and definitely not as an ineffectual disguise. Mox is totally not sarcastic at all.
Affinity(s): Localized Chaos
~~~
Choose one of the humans in Ritherhithe and give them a six-sided red die that has random effects when rolled.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 06:31:05 pm »

Make my fellow shadow creatures have the shape of a shadowy tornado with two arm-like limbs made out of dark energy come out of their body. Imbue them with the power of deceit and manipulation, so that they can infiltrate and establish a political party in the human town of Ritherhithe, that is all about "unification of the people" and "down with the aristocracy". Call the political party the, Shadowy Assembly of Good Times.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 06:34:53 pm »

bless the marquess of the land those who protect the land from the external dangers must be rewarded.

EDIT: forgot to explain the blessings they are now firebenders with how powerful they are depending of how much their people love them (more better) and how much their enemies fear them.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:38:55 am by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Karma Meter: -100
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 02:56:55 am »

"Here, have a sign."
Create a few signposts telling people to worship me.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 05:18:14 pm »

Turn 1: The Beginning

Well, that didn't work.

Try making another ironwood. As in, the way it was originally intended.
I want these things for use in my crafting of magic stuff.

5 Second time is a charm, and the first iron wood tree is born. The creation is so successful, the next time you attempt to manipulate it, it will be much easier.

Well.. That's a start at least.

With another whisper through the woods, I shall reawaken the ancient Ents that once guarded these sacred woods.
They have been asleep for far too long, so now would be as good a time to wake them up as any.

5 As though you blew a dog whistle, the ents all awaken at once, almost as though they had been waiting. Not only do they seem more vital, but there are more than you remember.

Bestow some kind-hearted animals in the forest with the ability to ward chaos from their surroundings, keeping the forest safe from further corruption.

5 The central area is now immune to the chaotic corruption, and is even preventing it from spreading further east, where the country of Gobleagua lays.

Well.. That's a start at least.

With another whisper through the woods, I shall reawaken the ancient Ents that once guarded these woods.
They have been asleep for far too long, so now would be as good a time to wake them up as any.

If successful, expand my action to include them.

Double Crit While the other animals accepted your gift without a hitch, the ents were particularly receptive. They not only have the ability to ward chaos, but are immune to it. Unfortunately, because of how much divine energy you poured into them, they have become immune to your power as well (permanent -2 bonus to your rolls when dealing with ents).

Name: Mox
Desc: A giant flaming die wearing a paper mask that is absolutely useless as a disguise. Is chaotic and crazy.
Bio: Mox totally is not from another world entirely originally and definitely not has decided to mess with this world a bit. The paper mask exists clearly as adornment and definitely not as an ineffectual disguise. Mox is totally not sarcastic at all.
Affinity(s): Localized Chaos
~~~
Choose one of the humans in Ritherhithe and give them a six-sided red die that has random effects when rolled.

3 A young urchin is walking through the marketplace when a random red die falls from the sky and lands at his feet. He picks it up, curious, and is immediately mystified by its striking red color. He hurries home, a box in the middle of nowhere, eager to see what the gods have granted him. He tosses a blanket over the entrance behind him, as he holds the die to the light and rolls. The die bounces on the cardboard, and before he can see what the result is, it explodes, killing him. No one heard the explosion, and he had no family to miss him. Localized chaos achieved.

Make my fellow shadow creatures have the shape of a shadowy tornado with two arm-like limbs made out of dark energy come out of their body. Imbue them with the power of deceit and manipulation, so that they can infiltrate and establish a political party in the human town of Ritherhithe, that is all about "unification of the people" and "down with the aristocracy". Call the political party the, Shadowy Assembly of Good Times.

4 Your shadow creatures are now mini-tornados with arms.

3 Good news first, your affinity towards deceit has ensured that they are able to disguise themselves and hide within the town. Unfortunately, their political ideas are not popular enough to get support...for now.

bless the marquess of the land those who protect the land from the external dangers must be rewarded.

EDIT: forgot to explain the blessings they are now firebenders with how powerful they are depending of how much their people love them (more better) and how much their enemies fear them.

6 The wind picks up as suddenly the royal family is granted the power of firebending. Despite their desire to please their people, the villagers begin to fear them, and suddenly those "radical" political ideas don't seem so radical.

"Here, have a sign."
Create a few signposts telling people to worship me.

4 Yo Dawg, I heard you wanted some chaos in your forest of chaos, so we put chaotic signs in your chaotic forest, so when people go insane, they go insane worshiping you.

Event: Political Turmoil
Regime vs SAGT

Patch notes:
* Events now exist
* Turns take place over a full year
* Starting the next turn, certain living things or events will have individual rolls to determine how things are progressing

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 05:38:58 pm »

Posting to watch :)
Interested to see how your god game turns out Wozzy!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 05:42:03 pm »

Craft a shrine to animals deep in the woods. Pick somewhere good for expansion into a temple. Provide spots for rest within it that cause those who sleep in it to dream of being animals.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 06:21:44 pm »

"Well, that was boring."

Mox gives one of the rebellious villagers a masterwork axe that has random effects on whatever it cuts.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 06:32:30 pm »

Expand the ironwood's territory into a grove of ironwoods. This is where I shall do my works.
Acquire tron disks. You know the ones:
Spoiler: Tron disks! (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I will also need the remains of various shipwrecked boats; if possible, on of them should be a viking shipwreck.
All of these are for my creations. After all, any and all proper Adjilian wonders of magitech are made from ironwood, tron disks, and shipwrecks.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:00:26 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 06:40:54 pm »

It's time to create a political figure as a leader for the SAGT, turn one of my mini-tornado creatures to have more leader-like qualities. This new entity will be more larger than the other kinds of his species, shoot black lasers out of his eyes, and more importantly expand the leader's ability to deceit and make people feel prideful about themselves. This new leader's name shall henceforth be called, Cupcake.

Next we need to expand he SAGT's influence and followers, appeal to the common folk that the nobles will be taxed like everyone else. You know what, just have the SAGT have a campaign of propaganda with whatever print material we use, use the aristocracy as a scapegoat and blame them on everything. This is how modern politics works, something like that.

(How do I lose karma when I'm just inciting a political rebellion, you have to break a few eggs to get an omelette, y'know.)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:44:45 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 06:50:05 pm »

(How do I lose karma when I'm just inciting a political rebellion, you have to break a few eggs to get an omelette, y'know.)
You are a deceit deity. I somehow doubt that this is founded on good intentions. I'd assume that if that is proved wrong, you'll make up any lost karma and more.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 08:23:00 pm »

Recently I have really been in the mood for wh 40k.
Spawn as a hive mind.
In a single hive ship. With a single norn queen. And the swarmlord.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 10:52:35 pm »

Name: Enceladus Minor
Desc: A knight clad in black armor. A visor conceals his face, and a Greatsword is strapped to his back.
Bio: Enceladus Minor is mysterious. As far as the few people who actually know him say, he's just a knight searching for a strange artifact. Of course, little do they realize that the true Enceladus Minor is far more than human - he is a servant of Order, Justice, and Law.
Super specific affinity that gives me extra power when I use my thoroughly useless ability: The creation of any life forms I have seen except 5000% smaller than normal and obedient to me

If that's not an acceptable affinity then let's just go with Order.

Enceladus Minor tries summoning a tiny horse to see if his powers work. If they do, he summons a tiny human to ride the tiny horse. If not, he realizes that he's practically just a boring old human and sets off in search of the nearest town so he can lay down and die.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Karma Meter: -150
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2017, 01:36:53 am »

"There. Now, where was I..."

Destroy the normal forests and replace them with chaos forests.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7