Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Generic God Game: Turn 4.5  (Read 10255 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Generic God Game
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 03:54:37 am »

Godly Name: Erza The God-Forge Communion Of Infinite Universes
Godly Gender: Male
Godly Main Affinity: Artifacts
Godly Secondary Affinity: Annihilation
Godly Backstory: Erza The God-Forge Communion Of Infinite Universes has spent the past few eternities creating universes just to use as sandboxes for places to build new toys inside, until he got bored and crumpled them into cosmic dust, only to start anew.
He's decided to take a break from this, and see how other god's universes fare.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Generic God Game: Turn 2
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 05:16:38 am »

Does this work? Or is this to...abstract?
Eeeh who cares, it's good enough for me!
Or is this to...abstract?

abstract?

ABSTRACT.
DID SOMEBODY SUMMON ME!? :3
Godly Name: Abstract-Sempai
Godly Gender: Abstract.
Godly Main Affinity:The Abstract
Godly Secondary Affinity: Honor
Godly Backstory: Coming into existence from the  summoning a question by puppet masters. "Or is this to abstract?" This brought them into existence. Now It Begins.
Why don't you have betrayal as a secondary affinity?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Generic God Game: Turn 3
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 05:54:52 am »

Fun Fact: Dicey loves GraviSword and 2s!

Ehen-Tewei:
I move to safety at the dungeon Ezzet's creating, and give him a proper dungeon boss: a large hybrid of turtle and hydra, with a different neck and head on each of the four sides of the turtle (4 heads total).
(2 VS 4+1=5) You try to move away from the sword but you can't it's just too hard to resist! You feel yourself getting dragged towards it, and now you're so close you're going to have an even harder time getting away!

The Broken Mirror:
What- you-

Dragons damn it Lootington!

*groans*
Alright, melt down the sword for scrap. I can use the leftover magic and metal later.
(2+0.5=2.5 VS 6+2=8) You try to melt down the sword, but something goes very wrong halfway through the process, and you can almost see the sword's integrity strengthen as it starts glowing like lava. Everything that's making contact with it is now incinerating! Not only did you just fail to destroy it, you made it almost impossible for you to destroy it, looks like you're going to need some help. (1 VS 4+1+1=6) You go to call over someone else, when you suddenly lose your footing and are flung towards the sword! You are going to die no matter what... maybe you should just Detonate?

((For a god Detonating is pretty much releasing all of their power into a huge controlled explosion, however if a god does that then all their power drains away and they fade into nothingness. It does have a +4 though, so it is usefull. However, you are only allowed to use this in a situation where there is atleast a 25% chance you are going to die, and you have nothing to lose... Detonating is pretty much getting a last 'FUCK YOU' against your enemy. Also, if multiple detonate at the same times their rolls and bonuses are all added together to make one big boom.))

((Also, sorry that you are dying so soon after starting, but you rolled a 1, and the sword rolled a 4, which lead it to a 6. You're not gonna survive that unless you pull of some crazy acrobatics.))

Minor Good:
Good deer, make this land beautiful.

Minor Good feels a tug to the north, despite not actually being pulled to it.

Oh my, it seems I am needed somewhere else. It was nice meeting you stranger!

Minor Good begins to walk back north, assisted by the gravity's pull. She keeps planting trees though, even in places that already have forest tiles.
Hmmm, you should go to the pull. (6-2=4 VS 1+1+2=4) Hmm, nothings happening. You came back the way you came but nothing's here. Odd.

Raven:
Teleport to a random untouched area in this world and create a large plains/forest area
Then Create a humanoid with pale skin and various traits, (Hair, Eye color etc)
You decide to create some Large Plains. (4) You create a small patch if Plains. (5 VS 2+1=3) You continue about your day, creating (2) nothing... You know, sometimes you wish you had a Creation Affinity. Seriously, you would think a Life Affinity would assist you in creating life, but no, it doesn't, because that would just be too damn easy wouldn't it? Ugh. (2 VS 2+1=3(Seriously? four 2s in a row?))... Why are you floating North?

Ezzen:
Ezzen starts by creating an underground labyrinth somewhere around the top-right corner of the map.
You pop into existance and (5+2=7) create a truly magnificent dungeon! Unfortuanatly it is underground so noone can see it's true magnificene from outside, but it'll do for now. Atleast it as an entrance. (5 VS 4+1=5) Suddenly you feel something pulling you away from your previous position! You turn around to try and see the source and see a sword pointed directly at you, and it seems to have it's own gravitational pull! You grab onto the hatch that is the entrance to your dungeon and pull it towards you before springboarding off of it into the dungeon. The Hatch proceeds to fall off it's hinges and smash against the sword, bursting into flames before disintigrating.

Dux:
(2 VS 6+1=7) You plop into existance an- OH GOD WHY ARE YOU FLYING TOWARDS A SWORD POINTED AT YOU OH GOD NO!!!

Abstract-Sempai:
(6 VS 1+1=2) You plop into existance. Hmmm, why is there a bunch of stuff flying towards that sword? Eh, probably nothing.

Erza The God-Forge Communion Of Infinite Universes:

(4 VS (2+1=3) You plop into existance and feel a slight tug coming from somewhere. Weird.

Tikknak:
(6) Tikknak decides that he's feeling pretty good, so he adds some more to the map! What a nice guy, IS THAT UNDERSTOOD!?

GM Stuff:
There, I think that's everything.
Artifact Library Updated.
Map Updated.
Player List Updated.
Turn Library Updated.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:27:19 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 06:02:37 am »

Stop time in a field containing only the sword.

Note: in my understanding of temporal distortions, it's nigh-impossible for two objects moving at different speeds to affect each other, and comepletely impossible if one of them is just stopped.

Code: [Select]
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|AS|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|BM|GS|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|R|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|U|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|D |W|W|W|W|W|W|LP|LP|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|LP|LP|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|F |F |F |E |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|F |M|F |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|F |F |F |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|F |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|F |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|T |W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:06:03 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2017, 06:10:02 am »

Note: in my understanding of temporal distortions, it's nigh-impossible for two objects moving at different speeds to effect each other, and comepletely impossible if one of them is just stopped.
...Oh I really hope you succeed, If you succeed... oh god this is gonna be fricking awesome if you succeed! You'll screw with how GGG works so much! Oh god this is gonna be AWESOME! You're not allowed to change your action now, this is just too good to be changed. Well, Tikknak's gonna be happy if this succeeds. Hope that tells you just how much you just f*cked up if you succeed. I was hoping someone would try this...

I probably should tell you how the GGG reality works... but no, that would ruin the !!FUN!! Surprise.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Generic God Game: Turn 2
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 06:15:10 am »

I think I can handle being in two RTDs at the same time.

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2017, 07:05:44 am »

Note: in my understanding of temporal distortions, it's nigh-impossible for two objects moving at different speeds to affect each other, and comepletely impossible if one of them is just stopped.
...Oh I really hope you succeed, If you succeed... oh god this is gonna be fricking awesome if you succeed! You'll screw with how GGG works so much! Oh god this is gonna be AWESOME! You're not allowed to change your action now, this is just too good to be changed. Well, Tikknak's gonna be happy if this succeeds. Hope that tells you just how much you just f*cked up if you succeed. I was hoping someone would try this...

I probably should tell you how the GGG reality works... but no, that would ruin the !!FUN!! Surprise.
...you suck. You suck so much.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2017, 07:17:11 am »

Don't worry. You'll probably be the only one immediatly effected.

Heh heh, in all serious though, you do have to win 2 rolls and faill 1 roll to succeed. It's more complicated than you'd think.

Hey, look on the bright side, no matter what happens you will of created a 'new map' next to the original one! It's just that if you fully succeed, then something... 'extra special' happens.

So, you have a fairly high chance of survival...

Also, I want to get this out of the way right now: I'm an evil piece of shit... and so is the dice. And GraviSword... You know, if you die to your own creation I will be laughing my ass off at the irony.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2017, 07:24:07 am »

Heh heh, in all serious though, you do have to win 2 rolls and faill 1 roll to succeed. It's more complicated than you'd think.

Hey, look on the bright side, no matter what happens you will of created a 'new map' next to the original one! It's just that if you fully succeed, then something... 'extra special' happens.

Also, I want to get this out of the way right now: I'm an evil piece of shit... and so is the dice. And GraviSword... You know, if you die to your own creation I will be laughing my ass off at the irony.
I just wanted to make a sword! A normal sword!

EDIT: "Die"? I'm already dead. Read the backstory.
The Broken Mirror's spirit and body aren't really connected to each other; he's a spirit, and his body is just sand and liquid metal that he's bound into his shape. If his body gets crushed into the sword, he'll just make a new one.

Far, far away.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:27:11 am by Glass »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2017, 07:30:12 am »

The Broken Mirror's spirit and body aren't really connected to each other; he's a spirit, and his body is just sand and liquid metal that he's bound into his shape. If his body gets crushed into the sword, he'll just make a new one.

Far, far away.
Yes, I know you're dead. I kinda assumed he wouldn't come back if his body was destroyed, he would just leave and create a new one. Which means, since we'll never see him again(atleast not soon), he is pretty much dead to us.

Jeez, that sounded way darker than I meant it to.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2017, 07:42:20 am »

Far, far away.
Yes, I know you're dead. I kinda assumed he wouldn't come back if his body was destroyed, he would just leave and create a new one. Which means, since we'll never see him again(atleast not soon), he is pretty much dead to us.

He needs the Redwing Chronicler (A.K.A. Me) to let him use the the interrealmic portal scrolls that he needs in order to get back to Chron. He routinely complains about this fact.
He's not going anywhere until I let him.

Also:
BLAM

And so dies the quote pyramid.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:25:06 pm by Glass »

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2017, 07:43:05 am »

Oh...I think I'm lost...let's see here.

Minor Good turns the surrounding tiles into deep woods, too dense, thick, and dangerous for any mortal to traverse. On her tile, she causes the trees to bend into each other, and grows them into
Spoiler: a large super tree (click to show/hide)
. Its roots extend over a mile into the ground, and it towers high over the surrounding forest.

Hmm, I was going to do something with this, but I forgot what. I guess I should just take a nap.

Minor Good melds with the tree to take a nap and build up strength.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:32:05 pm by Elvish Miner »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2017, 07:44:20 am »

Spoiler: a large super tree (click to show/hide)
Yes. Yes, I appreciate this. Keep doing awesome stuff, MG.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2017, 08:13:48 am »

Far, far away.

He needs the Redwing Chronicler (A.K.A. Me) to let him use the the interplanar portal scrolls that he needs in order to get back to Chron. He routinely complains about this fact.
He's not going anywhere until I let him.

Also:
BLAM

And so dies the quote pyramid.
Saying a quote pyramid dies only makes it LIVELIER.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2017, 08:23:38 am »

Now that I have the plains ill try and create life, ill make humanoid K9s a wolf man if you will, ill also make them homes
No sig yet
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7