Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Generic God Game: Turn 4.5  (Read 10232 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Generic God Game: Turn 4
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2017, 09:54:56 am »

The Broken Mirror di-(1)Yep, he died.
Ahem.
EDIT: "Die"? I'm already dead. Read the backstory.
The Broken Mirror's spirit and body aren't really connected to each other; he's a spirit, and his body is just sand and liquid metal that he's bound into his shape. If his body gets crushed into the sword, he'll just make a new one.

Far, far away.
Yes, I know you're dead. I kinda assumed he wouldn't come back if his body was destroyed, he would just leave and create a new one. Which means, since we'll never see him again(atleast not soon), he is pretty much dead to us.

Jeez, that sounded way darker than I meant it to.
He needs the Redwing Chronicler (A.K.A. Me) to let him use the the interrealmic portal scrolls that he needs in order to get back to Chron. He routinely complains about this fact.
He's not going anywhere until I let him.
And I'm not letting him.

It's a bit unfortunate that his body was pulled into that thing, but one of the primary facets of what tBM is all about is that he routinely has to deal with this kind of stuff.

Take a look around. Prepare to reform. Destroy that dragons-damned sword.
Hmmm, true. He pretty much has a second chance at life because of that... However, he would just reform in the wolf, half-complete. Which still means he would have a second chance at life. I say that because the wolf doesn't take in bodies, it takes in the soul and spirit of the person. So he would half reform inside of the wolf. However, if he dies while inside the wolf he is perma-dead. He's also perma-dead if Dicey erases him from existance. Which she can do. But, you do have a second chance at life. So congrats!
In that case, don't do the reformation part. Instead, let's start controlling all the sand and dust around it and impaling this bastart with high-speed sandstone spikes.

EDIT: Of course, any reformation would have required that, too... that, or metal spikes. But I don't think that there's much metal around.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2017, 09:59:09 am »

In that case, don't do the reformation part. Instead, let's start controlling all the sand and dust around it and impaling this bastart with high-speed sandstone spikes.

EDIT: Of course, any reformation would have required that, too... that, or metal spikes. But I don't think that there's much metal around.
Your soul and spirt are inside the wolf.

You cannot affect things outside the wolf.

More specifficaly, you'll probably be in the foot of the wolf. And the only way to truly kill it from the inside would be to destroy it's brain, because that's the only place Dicey couldn't touch to much because of the risk of driving the wolf insane. Everywhere else? She'll probably attack you.

Edit: Oooh wait, do you think I mean you would reform in you full size in the wolf? Because you actually wouldn't, you'll obviously be alot smaller. I mean, how else would Dux be able to some of the insides of Luckster(The Wolf)'s head?

Edit 2: Jesus christ I am butchering the English language so much today.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:02:56 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2017, 10:00:49 am »

Khusuba silently stares at the red crystal wolf. Looks like the desert deity is planning to strike the beast.

Try to blow the beast away with sandstorm blast, if it will not work, create three thousands of sharp sandstone spikes and hurl all of them at the beast.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2017, 10:02:48 am »

Let's make that pit into a black hole that's pretty damn abstract now is it? Do this as far away as possible.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2017, 10:04:58 am »

Harden my skin and bones and start fighting the monster
No sig yet

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2017, 10:06:06 am »

Let's make that pit into a black hole that's pretty damn abstract now is it? Do this as far away as possible.
If you create a black hole everything would die and the game would end. A black hole is meant to be one of the things a potentional future boss uses as a very deadly weapon, and that's one of the bosses you probably can't defeat and only have to survive for a while against.

So no blackholes for you.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2017, 10:12:06 am »

Abstract looks vaguely dissapointed. Then an idea strikes their mind.
Create a literal hole that is black.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2017, 10:21:50 am »

Abstract looks vaguely dissapointed. Then an idea strikes their mind.
Create a literal hole that is black.
If a hole is a lack of material in a spot, how can it, a lack of something, be black?

Turn wolfman into an actual, flesh-and-blood wolf. It won't have the thumbs tonwield the sword, so it'll be much weaker.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2017, 10:23:00 am »

Your soul and spirt are inside the wolf.

You cannot affect things outside the wolf.

More specifficaly, you'll probably be in the foot of the wolf. And the only way to truly kill it from the inside would be to destroy it's brain, because that's the only place Dicey couldn't touch to much because of the risk of driving the wolf insane. Everywhere else? She'll probably attack you.

Edit: Oooh wait, do you think I mean you would reform in you full size in the wolf? Because you actually wouldn't, you'll obviously be alot smaller. I mean, how else would Dux be able to some of the insides of Luckster(The Wolf)'s head?

Edit 2: Jesus christ I am butchering the English language so much today.
I'm not quite sure how you plan on resizing a spirit. My impression is more that of intersection.
I get the impression that we have different ideas on how spirits work.
And why wouldn't he be able to affect things outside of the wolf? Even if, say, the wolf was a large building, and he was in the foot, and there was a large desert outside, he'd still be able to control the sand in the desert and cause large sandstone spikes to puncture through the whole thing.

Also, a rundown on my understanding and perspective:
I created tBM (aka Aaron Blaez, aka the Chroniqler) to make a story around.
A story where somebody who is completely immortal, and has abilities that should by all rights mean that they are the most powerful entity in a given existence (barring anyone with omnipotence/omniscience/etc.), but prefers not to deal with any of that, and tries to avoid killing anyone.
A story where he has to deal with being dead and immortal (and the fact that they are essentially equivalent), and the endless tedium that comes with that.
A story that takes other stories' settings and drops Aaron into the middle of them, forcing him to try to put everything back on track because he really doesn't feel like getting the headache of changing someone else's stories.
A story where the fourth wall is essentially non-existent, but only for Aaron and the other Wanderers that I made to be with him.
And most importantly, a story where one of the primary issues is that Aaron is able to pick and choose which laws of reality he follows, whether he will abide by this realm's rules or by another, and his magics, sciences, and abilities are completely out of context to everyone else there.
He has been from Alderaan to the Shire, visited Hogwarts and the XCOM HQ, fought off hordes of demons and aliens, and so on and so forth. And unless the story is already broken beyond repair by forces beyond his control - that is, by myself, aka the Redwing Chronicler, writer of his tales and creator of the plot - he will do all in his power to make the stories go as closely to how they originally did as they can.

I get the impression that it doesn't really mesh with the basic structure of an RTD very well.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2017, 10:24:19 am »

"I'm a god that is how and if I want a hole to be black then it shall be black."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2017, 10:27:09 am »

"I'm a god that is how and if I want a hole to be black then it shall be black."
This is a perfectly fair statement. How are you going to refute that, Lootington?

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2017, 10:47:01 am »

Pretty fireworks! Minor says, as she reforms at the top of the tree. She starts to look around, wondering what she was doing here.

I know I made this for some reason... Ah right, I wanted to make a tall tree so I could see where the tree deer is!

Minor goes south to find the tree deer, when she sees how slow of a progress it has made, she decides to speed things up. Make it big enough to cover four tiles at once!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2017, 11:20:19 am »

Erza chuckles at himself as his spell fails.
"It's been a few thousand millennia since I couldn't control something. I'd forgotten the challenge of actually having to try."
Construct Artifact: Infinite Tank Factory. Set build order to summon tanks on infinite repeat.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Generic God Game: Turn 3
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2017, 12:04:28 pm »

Ezzen is a little miffed. Understandably, he attempts to grant himself immunity to gravity effects.
((Did you miss my action?))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2017, 02:37:57 pm »

Hmmm, was this suppose to happen when something dies? Eh, might as well roll with it. Always wanted to be a Canid anyway.

Well, I'm within the head, see if I can Unite with the wolf's mind becoming one with it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:45:03 pm by Slick »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7